to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Fencesitter said:
Yes, I am with my wife, but I hate the country I am in...so in many ways it is the same as being apart, if not worse!

I totally feel your pain, but thinking negatively isn't going to help...I am trying to cheer you up, bro.

15 months ain't bad...Hong Kong could be 19 months! That sucks, but I'll be able to save more money...

FS
ARe you in Hong Kong? I know your feeling exactly. I am with my husband for the wait, but I really dislike where I am too. I keep trying to have a positive attitude about it. But, in the end, every time I look out the window... ??? :-[

oh well, saving money- check, building experiences with husband- check, learning about myself- check.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Pen said:
I applied jan 23rd...nothing. phone call says no record of me :(
That happened with many of us Januarians. I would bet everything is OK. They just don't have a record of yet until someone has opened it and put it in the system. they are just backed up. Should they say such worrisome things to us though? No, definitely not. But anyway, again, I bet it's OK. It's just taking tiiimmmee

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
By the way, I put this yesterday but I don't see it now:

Gemini1, Congratultions!!!! :eek: that was so amazingly fast and I am super jealous!! :-[ Must feel wonderful!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
This solution is next to impossible for those who are not from Visa exempt countries. Because when they apply as visitor the VO will deny their application based on visitor visas are for just a visit. You almost can not convience them otherwise. Theoretically this option is available but practically no.
Dr Eng, I used to believe that as well, but allow me to share my experience this past Tuesday.

My wife had just recently submitted her TRV application to the embassy in Bangkok, which usually has an approximate approval rate of 47% (I can't remember exactly where I read the stats). She is 26 and is not currently working, and I, her 25 year old husband (age is relevant as the younger you are, the more skeptical they are), support her as we thought it was the best evidence for PR. She only had $4,000 in her bank account. She had been declined last October before we were married, and we have been together for less than one year. We made sure to mention that we had a PR application submitted and that sponsorship had not been approved yet. We thought that the odds were hopeless, because even though I have money in the bank, a brokerage account in Canada in her name, and a good job, the onus is on her to prove that she will not stay. Based on the situation above, we thought it was a hopeless cause, but what could we do if not try? We walked in and her visa was waiting for her. If I believed in miracles, I think this would be it since we were not looking forward to waiting on the 22 months that Singapore will take. If you present your case with as much evidence to support the cause, it can work. Now we are getting ready to go home together on Tuesday :)

If anyone wants to discuss this further, feel free to PM me, I hope that I could help!

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
And congrats Gemini1!!!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Amoss said:
ARe you in Hong Kong? I know your feeling exactly. I am with my husband for the wait, but I really dislike where I am too. I keep trying to have a positive attitude about it. But, in the end, every time I look out the window... ??? :-[

oh well, saving money- check, building experiences with husband- check, learning about myself- check.
No. I'm in Guangzhou. I used to like it here when I first came, but with the pollution, population, dirtiness, lack of service, and now that we have a son, I have to get out of here.

In many ways the struggle to maintain while living in a country in which you hate, is just as bad as living apart from your wife or husband.

I like your attitude...saving - check...experience - check, learning - check...that's cool...I dig it!

FS

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
cgagnon said:
I don't think Canadian culture has anything to do with the government policies as it is all politics...The canadian culture is very welcoming and family oriented we have a year off for maternity or parental leave, health care, vacation time and the list goes on. We even have family day in certain provinces...many do not necessarily believe in the religious marriage and therefore make their own commitments to each other (hence common-law). And the canadian government does recognize common-law! It is up to two people if they want to make it work, and how to keep making it work it has nothing to do with culture. I have seen relationships that stay together for the sake of their kids and let me tell you it would be much more of a safe place for the kids if they seperated. It is better to be happy then miserable for the rest of your life..here we are allowed to make choices and not be judge by them.
to support my previous posts...

This is an example of the mentality of most of the Canadian general public...I found this post (along with many others) on

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/03/07/canada-may-let-provinces-cherry-pick-immigrants-to-end-applicant-backlog-jason-kenney/
and here is one comment from a Canadian citizen...

""Why are worried about the back log?? Do we owe people quick entry to the country??

To solve this problem, revise the family class. Eliminate all parents and grandparents, make the family class eligible to come to Canada in line with the rest of the developed world. Canada has the broadest definition family in the world. Do we need more geriatrics?? Do we owe every immigrant a grandma to babysit the kids?

The arguement that immigrants won't come to Canada if they can't bring grandma doesn't hold water. Canada is one of the great countries of the world and the masses will still come.
We owe it to Canada to make these changes. The family class are a net drain on resources.""

another one here...idea is to be ALONE, forget your families, single skilled workers are most important!!!

""What planet is this Kenney guy from --- the day before yesterday he said he was gettin rid of babies being born automatic citizens, then low and behold the next day he announced he was bringing in a crushing influx of family reunification immigrants to burden everything from health care to OAS. Now today he claims to be bringing in skilled workers.
Why doesn't Harper spend the money to train our youth and unemployed. Immigrants want to bring in their whole families, most of the ones I meet just take lower income jobs from Canadians. This is not a profitable investment, bringing in a whole family suck up social benefits for every one worker.""

I am not referring to every Canadian citizen, but a lot have the same ways of thinking about immigration, which no doubt underlie Canada's immigration policies

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Fencesitter said:
No. I'm in Guangzhou. I used to like it here when I first came, but with the pollution, population, dirtiness, lack of service, and now that we have a son, I have to get out of here.

In many ways the struggle to maintain while living in a country in which you hate, is just as bad as living apart from your wife or husband.

I like your attitude...saving - check...experience - check, learning - check...that's cool...I dig it!

FS
oooh! My mom was living there up until Feb this year. She wasn't a fan either. My husband and I are in Taiwan and I can relate re: the population, pollution, and dirtiness. In the end it just comes down to what your used to.

I thougt we were going to have to apply through the HK office, but discovered we couldn't at the last minute because we haven't been living here for more than one year yet. Phewf! when I saw the timeline (19 months) I was ready to get out of here.

Anyway, yes, the "check" method is important. It can't all be about the future, life is precious! Every minute of it

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
So where are you applying from? Beijing? Why does it matter how long you've lived in Taiwan?

Yes, 19 months, but for strong cases, it should be a lot less...and the case I have presented surely will get through very quickly! And if it doesn't, it won't matter that much...I'll save loads more and have enough to put down a 40-50% down payment on a house in the neighborhood of $300,000...so either way we're good, but I would much rather get out of here tomorrow!

FS

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Fencesitter said:
So where are you applying from? Beijing? Why does it matter how long you've lived in Taiwan?

Yes, 19 months, but for strong cases, it should be a lot less...and the case I have presented surely will get through very quickly! And if it doesn't, it won't matter that much...I'll save loads more and have enough to put down a 40-50% down payment on a house in the neighborhood of $300,000...so either way we're good, but I would much rather get out of here tomorrow!

FS
There used to be a visa office here in Taiwan and the processing time was 5 months, but then the visa office here closed and all apps had to be forwarded to HK. terrible deal. But in any case, my husband is American/UK (dual), so we couldn't apply from this side of the world anyway (only after you have resided in a place for more than one year can you apply from there... otherwise it's directed to the VO of your passport-- in his case Buffalo or London, we opted for Buffalo... not sure why when London is faster!

Well, that's loads of money you might be saving there, which is nothing to complain about at all!

So does that mean your wife is from HK? Because couldn't she apply from Beijing where it's much faster than the HK office (like 6 months, isn't it?)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
She's from Guangzhou. People from Guangzhou must go through HK.

I have a sneaky suspicion that my wife's visa will be processed in about 6 months. There is no question as to the genuineness of our relationship (married since 2009, living together since 2006, two dogs, and now we have a 6 month old son). Intention to reside in Canada is solid with a job offer, place to stay (parents), and I'm currently enrolled at a Canadian university (since 2011). The only thing that could possibly slow us down would be an a#$hole VO or something wrong with the forms (but we checked them hundreds of times...shouldn't be any issues!).

Good luck to you and I hope your visa is processed quickly!!

FS

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
Hi Pelipeli,

Did u hear anything about your file .Please update on any new information you have.

Thanks

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Fencesitter said:
She's from Guangzhou. People from Guangzhou must go through HK.

I have a sneaky suspicion that my wife's visa will be processed in about 6 months. There is no question as to the genuineness of our relationship (married since 2009, living together since 2006, two dogs, and now we have a 6 month old son). Intention to reside in Canada is solid with a job offer, place to stay (parents), and I'm currently enrolled at a Canadian university (since 2011). The only thing that could possibly slow us down would be an a#$hole VO or something wrong with the forms (but we checked them hundreds of times...shouldn't be any issues!).

Good luck to you and I hope your visa is processed quickly!!

FS
Oh ok. I didn’t know that. Good luck to you guys too! Sounds like a real relationship to me! ;) ;) :)