Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Yes, I am with my wife, but I hate the country I am in...so in many ways it is the same as being apart, if not worse!

I totally feel your pain, but thinking negatively isn't going to help...I am trying to cheer you up, bro.

15 months ain't bad...Hong Kong could be 19 months! That sucks, but I'll be able to save more money...

FS

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Dr Eng X said:
what bright side? to each his own, I was very optimistic and when someone says it will take very long...I used to say be positive, we'll be different...etc.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92925.0.html;msg1367297#msg1367297

Since you made this comment,
you have just applied at first you were against the petition...now you are not
another thing you are at least with your spouse...I am not
the 2nd stage for you and many others is few months if not days....processing time for the 2nd stage in my spouse's country is more than 15 months
I can go on forever
basita ya Doc (take it easy)....actually for FS VO the processing times is 19 months (if i remember correctly)....but for him, u, and anyone else here it might b much shorter (like it was for Gemini....congraaaaaaaaaats....woow that was quite a drive from Serbia to Austria, but a drive u will never forget ;) )

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
people have to express their frustrations....i don't write anymore cuz if i do i will probably b too negative, and then while reading what i wrote i'll b getting even more upset from this....the point is u cannot say to someone b positive or negative and they will, this does not change by clapping hands....i'm sure everyone knows the half full glass part, but it's hard sometimes to keep believing in that....also some people tend to b relaxed others over-worried (sounds familiar ;) ) it all depends on personality and other factors around us...if i remember u were really depressed a few months ago and it passed but noone said u r too depressed, cuz it does not help, on the contrary they encouraged u and made u see that we all had moments like that and it's all part of the process and it will pass....now u r really happy that u sent ur application and it's a great feeling of relief (we have all been through that) and for sure u hope by the time they reach ur application it will b faster and i wish that...i don't wish to anyone waiting for so long just for the first stage and it's really different being approved in 45 days vs being approved in 90....just the ones going through it can understand
Thanks well said ...Do you know by any chance how's Michelle?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
hi Fencesitter
yes you can say that because you just sent your application 10 days ago. some of us are waiting for almost 100 days. you will be in same situation when you pass august-september waiting for AOR :)
that is if he even gets it ( I do not hope anything bad and do hope it would be better)
I do not wish to fuel your anger but I have seen many many immigration cases as you have said before about the government
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2012-applicants-join-here-t92925.0.html;msg1403991#msg1403991

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Congrats to Gemini! I wish we could all have that quick of processing in 2nd stage! That is amazing! :D

It really stinks that the processing time for stage 1 is so bad right now. I really hope they get it sorted out soon. I won't say to stay positive because I know that can be impossible at times, but remember we are here for each other. Waiting without knowing anything is the worst, but you will hear something eventually. Perhaps by carrier pigeon, or a message in a bottle in the ocean..lol but it will happen. All our lives are on hold in various ways but keep the frustrations pointed at the CIC & processes, not on each other ;)

I will be hoping and praying for some news and approvals this week for my January folks!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Dr Eng X said:
that is if he even gets it ( I do not hope anything bad and do hope it would be better)
I do not wish to fuel your anger but I have seen many many immigration cases as you have said before about the government
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2012-applicants-join-here-t92925.0.html;msg1403991#msg1403991
Yes, if I even get it.

FS

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Dr Eng X said:
Thanks well said ...Do you know by any chance how's Michelle?
no i don't hope she has things to keep her busy and think less often abt this :)

podkayne thank u :) i don't mind any of the ways u say ;) deep inside i know it will come for all and i know things happen when they r meant to happen no matter if we like it or not :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
no i don't hope she has things to keep her busy and think less often abt this :)
I think CIC bribed her (just kidding ;) )

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
podkayne8 said:
Congrats to Gemini! I wish we could all have that quick of processing in 2nd stage! That is amazing! :D

It really stinks that the processing time for stage 1 is so bad right now. I really hope they get it sorted out soon. I won't say to stay positive because I know that can be impossible at times, but remember we are here for each other. Waiting without knowing anything is the worst, but you will hear something eventually. Perhaps by carrier pigeon, or a message in a bottle in the ocean..lol but it will happen. All our lives are on hold in various ways but keep the frustrations pointed at the CIC & processes, not on each other ;)

I will be hoping and praying for some news and approvals this week for my January folks!
Thanks podkayne8, you can not judge a man untill you are in his shoes. Without getting into details, but I really had plans and the plans were on the worst case scenario if stage 1 is to be (70+ few) days ...

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I wasn't judging. You ARE pessimistic! Rightly so or not...

inflight

Apr 14, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
30-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
I applied on 23rd. Nothing yet.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Dr Eng X said:
Without getting into details, but I really had plans and the plans were on the worst case scenario if stage 1 is to be (70+ few) days ...
I know what you mean. I made plans and booked flights to move to Canada based on the rough average of how long Mississauga+Quebec+London take to process as well as two months of breathing room. Based on their current processing time, Mississauga will have eaten into my breathing space by almost a month. And it turns out that I needed that breathing space because I am a medical furtherance case and that might hold up my application in London - although given how slow Mississauga are going, I might very well have completed my medical furtherance requirements before my sponsor is even approved, which is absolutely nuts. On top of that, I am Quebec-bound so have the additional step (with the additional potential for delays) with that application.

I am past crossing my fingers. I know I won't have my visa in time. But I will still be going to Canada on my planned date and I'll just stay as a visitor until my PR is approved, then have my possessions shipped after that. Of course, that's all good and well for me coming from a visa-exempt country but such a solution isn't as simple for those who have to apply for a visa to visit Canada.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient said:
I am past crossing my fingers. I know I won't have my visa in time. But I will still be going to Canada on my planned date and I'll just stay as a visitor until my PR is approved, then have my possessions shipped after that. Of course, that's all good and well for me coming from a visa-exempt country but such a solution isn't as simple for those who have to apply for a visa to visit Canada.
This solution is next to impossible for those who are not from Visa exempt countries. Because when they apply as visitor the VO will deny their application based on visitor visas are for just a visit. You almost can not convience them otherwise. Theoretically this option is available but practically no.