Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
congrats for approvals :) :)
Finally they decided to move
Did you get approval by emails or had to call them to know ??? ???

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
So definitely they are working on files further then the Jan 19th,20112 date.. I actually know another one which got approved. That case was also filed on Jan 26th...

I think , as there was a big rush of applicants from mid to end of Jan, they are just making sure to give the accurate date for the cases... hence the change of dates, number of days increasing and moving back and forth from Jan 17th to Jan 25th..

The way they are going, I suspect that they will reach first week of Feb applicants by end of April, first week may.. and from there the time line will start to shorten again as they be over with the big rush of Jan applicants..

Also, I think that as there was a big delay (gap) between processing application in Mississauga, the next step that happens at the respective visa office should shorten (at least the passport request phase if they request it upfront). This can be explained due to the big gap in receiving transfers from step 1 to that Visa office( this may be more applicable to the busy visa offices such as Beijing, Buffalo, London, New Delhi, Manila) .. I guess what I m trying to say is that if we look at it as a Queue bases, first in first out.. the step 2 would really be having an empty queue as they would not have received many applications to atleast do the passport request... At the end of the day the waiting time may still remain the same overall but it just that the wait in visa office might reduce as they be already done with previous files..

Anyways, another way to tell the mind to be positive...

Again, all of this is considering that there are no exceptions to the case, no mistakes, no additional documents, no expiry of medicals, PCC, no additional BC, Interview...

Also, I notices on the Canadian Data website that they average processing time for New Delhi is

20% done in 2 months
30% done in 2 months
50% done in 3 months
70% done in 5 months
80% done in 6 months..

I assume the 20% and 30 % cases probably fall under the no exceptions cases and they are the ones which usually get done quicker then the rest..

hope this is helpful!

missimpatient

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA office <formerly Buffalo>
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/23/12
AOR Received.
never recieved
File Transfer...
05/29/12 to LA--- supposedly
Med's Done....
01/09/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 31, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
almost time
LANDED..........
OH HOW I WISH
my husband called yesterday and was told we had a Client ID number. When asked when we would hear something he was told it could be up to a month :'( .. BUT.... we got the news in an email about an hour ago

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
Can you please type the email id ? Is it from the OTTAWA RPC?

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
missimpatient said:
First time responder but I do read the forum regularly... I just wanted y'all to know they are finally moving again.. Our application was received on Jan 24th and got our sponsorship approval today!!!! yay!! ;D ;D ;D

Hope there's more activity for our fellow Januarians by the end of the week.. Good Luck everyone
WwOoOWw...good good

mapleleafs2011

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
- CIC Received my application 23rd.
- I got my approval today via email.

Question though... I sent in wife's FBI\Medical all together at once.. it's been almost 3 months for myself to get approved as the sponsor if not more.... does this mean she will have to get her FBI check again?

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
So this is looking a whole lot like they're processing a good few days beyond the date shown on the website.

Good.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
missimpatient said:
First time responder but I do read the forum regularly... I just wanted y'all to know they are finally moving again.. Our application was received on Jan 24th and got our sponsorship approval today!!!! yay!! ;D ;D ;D

Hope there's more activity for our fellow Januarians by the end of the week.. Good Luck everyone
Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing this great news!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
mapleleafs2011 said:
- CIC Received my application 23rd.
- I got my approval today via email.

Question though... I sent in wife's FBI\Medical all together at once.. it's been almost 3 months for myself to get approved as the sponsor if not more.... does this mean she will have to get her FBI check again?
They both are good for one year!!!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Processing times have been updated.

88 days now.
Working on January 19.

At least it is accurate. It was worse when it was a big fat lie and we had no clue what to expect.
In fairness to the government, I don't think we can say they have "lied" to us. The posted times are only approximations...that's how they cover their own a#$. I also believe that they are doing everything they can to clear out the backlog. We can't put all the blame on the government, and at the end of the day, we are applying to immigrate...is that our right or a privilege?

Honestly, I never imagined this process would be so complicated and time consuming. It should take an experienced agent about an hour to approve or refuse a sponsorship application. Let's say that had 50 agents working a the CIC-M location...an 8 hour day...that's 400 approvals per day, roughly. It should be done like an assembly line...with reps from the RCMP right next to the agents to clear criminal and background checks...it really doesn't have to be so complicated...but it's the government...so I suppose "complicated" is their business...

It's Friday...the weekend is nearly here...CIC is moving forward again...folks in this thread have been approved...things are looking up...

FS

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
missmini said:
mabroooooook (congraaaaaats) finally some more good news....but it's still way too little :(

did they confirm to u that ur application is sent to Amman? best of luck for stage 2 :)
allah ybareek feeeki :D yes i was waiting and getting frustrated i was planning on calling them next week but its all good now.

they sent my application to the amman visa office.. i hope it doesnt take too long. i fwd my wife the email she was soo happy ! i cant wait to talk to her when she wakes up!

hopefully we all get to see our loved ones soon!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samaseemo said:
anyone know how long for Ecas to get updated i got approved today and its not showing up
Give it 4-7 days, then it should work. It's a bit slow sometimes.

Big congrats to all the new approvals - it must seem like the sun is shining a little brighter now, doesn't it? :)