Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter - saying they were working on Jan 25 for several weeks when they hadn't passed Jan 17 was a lie. Maybe you could just call it inaccurate but it definitely wasn't the truth.

You sure are extreme. You went from supportive and understanding to raging mad and back to the original. LOL.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Fencesitter - saying they were working on Jan 25 for several weeks when they hadn't passed Jan 17 was a lie. Maybe you could just call it inaccurate but it definitely wasn't the truth.

You sure are extreme. You went from supportive and understanding to raging mad and back to the original. LOL.
It is quite clear, actually. The numbers on the website are approximations (look that up in the dictionary!). Mistake, inaccuracy, whatever...they're not "lying" to us.

You can label me however you like...you can call me "raging mad" or "extreme"...that made me laugh...I probably appear as though I am going insane, but who among us has not gone a little crazy?

FS

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
I think it's safe to say that we could all reasonably feel angry with CIC with the back and fourth on processing times, and the agents info or attitude when plenty of us have called in and requested info regarding our personal apps. This is a huge application that took a lot of time and money and even anxiety to complete. It's normal for us to expect something from CIC.

No, it isn't our right to be granted an immigration visa, but it definitely should be our right to to know what's going on with our app (especially since it cost over a thousand dollars, and that doesn't include the cost for police record checks, translations, postage, medicals, etc) and to at least get an AOR for sure from both CIC-M and the VO. There doesn't seem to be any consistency whatsoever. That will make anyone upset who doesn't get randomly picked for the smooth ride here.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I don't think anyone is saying it's not reasonable to feel upset or frustrated. To say CIC is lying would mean that CIC was intentionally screwing with the timeline and dates...which they are obviously not doing...nor would they do. Call it incompetence or something else, but not a "lie"...

You consider $1,000 a substantial investment for a PR visa? Whoa. I think it's dirt cheap when considering the bigger picture. All the expenses for this are nothing in comparison to what you get...even if you are poor, it's money well spent, no doubt...and I'm sure those who are struggling financially would agree...that's not to say I wouldn't mind paying less, of course, that goes without saying, but still...best money I ever spent!

I totally agree with the randomness comment...I wouldn't argue with that at all. This is where CIC is doing a lousy job...and they must improve their level of service, not because they owe us anything, and certainly not because we paid a bit of money...it should improve simply because Canada is a first world country and this kind of service is exactly what you would find a developing country, say, like China.

The main thing we should all keep in mind is that this is NOT a right. We are "applying" for something that is not guaranteed. Should it be? Perhaps. Right now, though, it's not...so feeling impatient or getting frustrated strikes me as a foolish approach (and up until this point, I can safely say I've been a fool). We should all live our lives as if this will never happen, simply because there is that chance. You can hope and dream all you want, no one can take that from you.

Starting from today I am going to look upon all of this as if it will never happen. I'm not going to feel frustrated or get upset over whatever CIC does (timelines, etc). There's no point. This is one of those things that we have no control over...

FS

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Happy Friday everyone! Congrats to those who received approval this week and for those still waiting enjoy the weekend and trust that next week we will hear more news!

Let's all have a drink this weekend and cheers to each other virtually!

A special congrats again to Gemini the speediness of their application was very uplifting, regardless of the tension here you deserve the big congrats for being finished! Canada will treat you and your family well... Wen you get here, we welcome you!

Have an amazing weekend everyone and continue to have faith even though its so hard to stay positive.

;D ;D

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
alf+jlh said:
Happy Friday everyone! Congrats to those who received approval this week and for those still waiting enjoy the weekend and trust that next week we will hear more news!

A special congrats again to Gemini the speediness of their application was very uplifting, regardless of the tension here you deserve the big congrats for being finished! Canada will treat you and your family well... Wen you get here, we welcome you!

Have an amazing weekend everyone and continue to have faith even though its so hard to stay positive.

;D ;D

You too, Amanda! Cheers back at ya!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
cheeers Amanda, have a nice weekend :)
let's all toast for green lines for everyone by the end of next week (which will b almost end of April :eek: ) santé!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
alf+jlh said:

;D ;D
Thanks Amanda! Have a great weekend too!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Hey guys,

Update: Since I wasn't getting the call from my MP, I decided to go to her office yesterday evening. I met with the PA of the MP and after explaining to her why i was at the MP's office, she went inside and brought some paper and then started to tell me this.

"We have rec'd an update from ND VO on Tuesday and just about 2 hrs back we got another one. (Looking into the paper in her hands) Everything looks quite good...Security, Background and Criminality checks are done and no problems with them. Medicals were rec'd and they're still valid until Dec, 2012. The Next Bring Forward Date (BFD) is on Apr 25th, 2012. So by next week you should be hearing some positive news"

She didn't give me that paper though. This news made me feel better. Hoping what she said is into action next week.

Thats the update for now. Hoping each one of you get some updates on your files.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Fencesitter said:
I don't think anyone is saying it's not reasonable to feel upset or frustrated. To say CIC is lying would mean that CIC was intentionally screwing with the timeline and dates...which they are obviously not doing...nor would they do. Call it incompetence or something else, but not a "lie"...

You consider $1,000 a substantial investment for a PR visa? Whoa. I think it's dirt cheap when considering the bigger picture. All the expenses for this are nothing in comparison to what you get...even if you are poor, it's money well spent, no doubt...and I'm sure those who are struggling financially would agree...that's not to say I wouldn't mind paying less, of course, that goes without saying, but still...best money I ever spent!

I totally agree with the randomness comment...I wouldn't argue with that at all. This is where CIC is doing a lousy job...and they must improve their level of service, not because they owe us anything, and certainly not because we paid a bit of money...it should improve simply because Canada is a first world country and this kind of service is exactly what you would find a developing country, say, like China.

The main thing we should all keep in mind is that this is NOT a right. We are "applying" for something that is not guaranteed. Should it be? Perhaps. Right now, though, it's not...so feeling impatient or getting frustrated strikes me as a foolish approach (and up until this point, I can safely say I've been a fool). We should all live our lives as if this will never happen, simply because there is that chance. You can hope and dream all you want, no one can take that from you.

Starting from today I am going to look upon all of this as if it will never happen. I'm not going to feel frustrated or get upset over whatever CIC does (timelines, etc). There's no point. This is one of those things that we have no control over...

FS
Instead of using the word lie maybe we could use the word deceiving....I think that's the appropriate word in our cases. The family sponsorship is a right for canadian citizens and current PR's....we pay taxes it's our right to get good services...not a privilige in my view. You are correct Patience is a virtue but it is easier said than done. I for one heard of a story that gave me shivers. Yesterday a Guy in my class told me his story about how he came in as a skilled worker in April 2010. I never knew this until last night but that was the last time he saw his wife and kids! It's been 2 years and he is now working on getting the Family sponsorship going. He's been saving up for 2 years for them to be able to come.He has been supporting them from Canada, he is from Africa. He also says he could only afford a flight for himself to come to Canada. That is a bigger sacrifice than a lot of people could ever do. He is waiting for his tax return to start the whole process. So I tell myself today that maybe 88 days out of my life isn't so bad afterall my husband is here with me. It makes me see things in a whole different light!

mapleleafs2011

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Hey guys,

Update: Since I wasn't getting the call from my MP, I decided to go to her office yesterday evening. I met with the PA of the MP and after explaining to her why i was at the MP's office, she went inside and brought some paper and then started to tell me this.

"We have rec'd an update from ND VO on Tuesday and just about 2 hrs back we got another one. (Looking into the paper in her hands) Everything looks quite good...Security, Background and Criminality checks are done and no problems with them. Medicals were rec'd and they're still valid until Dec, 2012. The Next Bring Forward Date (BFD) is on Apr 25th, 2012. So by next week you should be hearing some positive news"

She didn't give me that paper though. This news made me feel better. Hoping what she said is into action next week.

Thats the update for now. Hoping each one of you get some updates on your files.
I'm surprised MP would know\have access to this information. Congrats to you. So does that mean the person you are sponsoring will be approved before the 11 month time frame?

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
We are from INDIA. So for INDIA it is 6 months time frame. Hopefully we dont get to wait until 6 months

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
Instead of using the word lie maybe we could use the word deceiving....I think that's the appropriate word in our cases. The family sponsorship is a right for canadian citizens and current PR's....we pay taxes it's our right to get good services...not a privilige in my view. You are correct Patience is a virtue but it is easier said than done. I for one heard of a story that gave me shivers. Yesterday a Guy in my class told me his story about how he came in as a skilled worker in April 2010. I never knew this until last night but that was the last time he saw his wife and kids! It's been 2 years and he is now working on getting the Family sponsorship going. He's been saving up for 2 years for them to be able to come.He has been supporting them from Canada, he is from Africa. He also says he could only afford a flight for himself to come to Canada. That is a bigger sacrifice than a lot of people could ever do. He is waiting for his tax return to start the whole process. So I tell myself today that maybe 88 days out of my life isn't so bad afterall my husband is here with me. It makes me see things in a whole different light!
Thanks cgagnon, I had a discussion with some1 who argued about this right! They can watch the house of common session when questioning the CIC minister "just replace the code of any youtube video with =X4BbjbLtpro". The youtube video title is "Delays in Immigration Processing Times for Family Class Applications".
Not to undermine your story but I have seen way worse cases. I for one can not believe that I can get a Visa for my wife anywhere in the world but can not get her a visitor Visa to my country that is ironic.
By all standards what CIC is doing is unacceptable if few years ago the minister was questioned about delays and as usual the minister responded politically...what will be the case this year... Oh I forgot they are majority government now..they can do whatever they want ...therefore Stephen Histler!

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
alf+jlh said:

;D ;D

Thanks Amanda and to everyone for the congratulations! Good luck you all, I hope you have a speedy process like we did. We are now back in London debating when we should go to Canada.
Happy weekend everyone :)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Dr Eng X said:
Thanks cgagnon, I had a discussion with some1 who argued about this right! They can watch the house of common session when questioning the CIC minister "just replace the code of any youtube video with =X4BbjbLtpro". The youtube video title is "Delays in Immigration Processing Times for Family Class Applications".
Not to undermine your story but I have seen way worse cases. I for one can not believe that I can get a Visa for my wife anywhere in the world but can not get her a visitor Visa to my country that is ironic.
By all standards what CIC is doing is unacceptable if few years ago the minister was questioned about delays and as usual the minister responded politically...what will be the case this year... Oh I forgot they are majority government now..they can do whatever they want ...therefore Stephen Histler!
This is the thing that gets me too. My husband and I have both lived in several different countries (together and separately) and have no issues obtaining visas (they were done within weeks, and cost much less than 1000 and required less supporting documents, if any). I moved to Germany with my husband on his UK passport! Boldface to emphasize fact he is not German, and I could get a resident visa within 3 weeks and be able to work and all that jazz. Same thing in Switzerland and Switzerland isn't even in the EU.

It gets me because Canada is my country, I was born and raised and my parents are Canadian, yet I am on the other side of the globe because my husband has to wait potentially a year or more before he gets his visa and can work and contribute to our family income.