to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
mountain_pirate said:
Thanks a lot guys for your best wishes and support. I don't know what I'd have done without this forum and all these supportive folks. :D
Totally agreed! This forum has helped me with my sanity at times! (and by that I mean keeping it!)

Happy Easter Everyone!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fadil80 said:
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !! ;D
Did you know what was on CIC site? Check this sheet
https://docs.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiQtouN8VlHodGRSOC1Jb0xmbUFQMllQU01ISzAyNHc#gid=0

Date updated Working on: actual#of days posted in CIC
25-Jan-2012 22-Nov-2011 64 74
1-Feb-2012 5-Dec-2011 58 56
8-Feb-2012 14-Dec-2011 56 54
15-Feb-2012 22-Dec-2011 55 53
22-Feb-2012 3-Jan-2012 50 48
29-Feb-2012 3-Jan-2012 57 55
7-Mar-2012 3-Jan-2012 64 55
14-Mar-2012 25-Jan-2012 49 55
19-Mar-2012 25-Jan-2012 54 55

dreamcatcher

Apr 6, 2012
hi everyone,

I have a question to ask. Mississauga received our app on Jan 23. On the CIC website it says 75 days (working on applications received on January 18, 2012). Does this mean they have or have not looked at our app yet?, or will they be getting to it very shortly?. Just a bit anxious and confused here on when we should get a response as we have not heard anything at all yet, not even a reference number to check the status online, so my question is should we get an approval letter or something very soon for the first half of this process?, I was hoping after the Easter holidays we should at least hear something....it can be very frustrating not knowing what is going on.

Happy Easter to all by the way! :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamcatcher said:
hi everyone,

I have a question to ask. Mississauga received our app on Jan 23. On the CIC website it says 75 days (working on applications received on January 18, 2012). Does this mean they have or have not looked at our app yet?, or will they be getting to it very shortly?. Just a bit anxious and confused here on when we should get a response as we have not heard anything at all yet, not even a reference number to check the status online, so my question is should we get an approval letter or something very soon for the first half of this process?, I was hoping after the Easter holidays we should at least hear something....it can be very frustrating not knowing what is going on.

Not receiving AOr is 1 of many reasons we started this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/petition-call-to-ministry-of-immigration-for-cics-poor-practice-t100257.0.html

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Dr Eng X said:
Did you know what was on CIC site? Check this sheet
https://docs.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiQtouN8VlHodGRSOC1Jb0xmbUFQMllQU01ISzAyNHc#gid=0

Date updated Working on: actual#of days posted in CIC
25-Jan-2012 22-Nov-2011 64 74
1-Feb-2012 5-Dec-2011 58 56
8-Feb-2012 14-Dec-2011 56 54
15-Feb-2012 22-Dec-2011 55 53
22-Feb-2012 3-Jan-2012 50 48
29-Feb-2012 3-Jan-2012 57 55
7-Mar-2012 3-Jan-2012 64 55
14-Mar-2012 25-Jan-2012 49 55
19-Mar-2012 25-Jan-2012 54 55
yeah i noticed that; for me just the first line and the last 3 r completely off....although i think the first they meant 64 but they mistyped (it could happen, human error) and the last 3 they just didn't know and didn't have any new info for an accurate update....but the rest, 2 days difference is really nothing and i remember when i was calculating myself it was actually correct (if u consider or not the start date and the end date u get the same result as them ;) )

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
dreamcatcher said:
hi everyone,

welcome and Happy Easter to u too!!! :)

i don't think they looked at it yet ::) and noone could guess when they will (maybe next week maybe in 3 weeks :-X )...this table, with the January members will give u a better idea of how things r going:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmxynnoT1qeadGJZWUlfekZUbm9YTVJuVzNFejU3eGc

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
yeah i noticed that; for me just the first line and the last 3 r completely off....although i think the first they meant 64 but they mistyped (it could happen, human error) and the last 3 they just didn't know and didn't have any new info for an accurate update....but the rest, 2 days difference is really nothing and i remember when i was calculating myself it was actually correct (if u consider or not the start date and the end date u get the same result as them ;) )
Does anyone have the CIC weekly update of last year? This might help us predict this year

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
dreamcatcher said:
hi everyone,

hi dreamcatcher! if you take a look at the spread sheet, you will get a better idea of the processing times...at least how long it has been taking this group. some of our people in this group just got approval and they turned their apps in on jan 19. read back a few pages or look at the spreadsheet for a better idea. if you don't want to wait anymore, you can call CIC and see if they give you any info (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't!)

dreamcatcher

Apr 6, 2012
Okay, The way I see at it is that CIC should have the courtesy to let applicants know that they have at least received their application and keep them informed along the way because we did pay them all the fees $1040 I think it was, so it should be part of the service don't you all agree?. Some get AOR's and some don't, some receive faster processing times, while others don't, this is just not good enough in my opinion, CIC should be consistent and fair to all applicants, fair enough every applicants case is different, but all I ask for and what we all want is to be kept informed, it can't be that hard can it?, we are all in the same boat here, it's just hard to try to be patient when CIC doesn't inform you, and it makes it hard to plan anything for the future when your not sure what's going on. If they did the right thing by everyone then we would all be a whole lot happier and at ease, less impatient and stressed, plain and simple. Just wish it didn't take soooooo long!!!!!!.

Also, Mississauga Case Processing Centre doesn't have a phone number or email, the only way you can contact them is via Fax or Snail Mail, I guess if they did have a phone and email they would get thousands upon thousands of people from all over the world bombarding them with questions and complaints, so I can understand that. Has anyone tried Faxing them?, would it help?, and what are the chances of them responding back?, just to give me an idea. I know you can call the CIC Call Centre number but I thought I might ask peoples opinions on this first.

Well, that's my thoughts and frustrations so far...... ::)

Hope everyone gets fast approvals! and enjoy the weekend.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
dreamcatcher said:
Okay, The way I see at it is that CIC should have the courtesy to let applicants know that they have at least received their application and keep them informed along the way because we did pay them all the fees $1040 I think it was, so it should be part of the service don't you all agree?. Some get AOR's and some don't, some receive faster processing times, while others don't, this is just not good enough in my opinion, CIC should be consistent and fair to all applicants, fair enough every applicants case is different, but all I ask for and what we all want is to be kept informed, it can't be that hard can it?, we are all in the same boat here, it's just hard to try to be patient when CIC doesn't inform you, and it makes it hard to plan anything for the future when your not sure what's going on. If they did the right thing by everyone then we would all be a whole lot happier and at ease, less impatient and stressed, plain and simple. Just wish it didn't take soooooo long!!!!!!.

Also, Mississauga Case Processing Centre doesn't have a phone number or email, the only way you can contact them is via Fax or Snail Mail, I guess if they did have a phone and email they would get thousands upon thousands of people from all over the world bombarding them with questions and complaints, so I can understand that. Has anyone tried Faxing them?, would it help?, and what are the chances of them responding back?, just to give me an idea. I know you can call the CIC Call Centre number but I thought I might ask peoples opinions on this first.

Well, that's my thoughts and frustrations so far...... ::)

Hope everyone gets fast approvals! and enjoy the weekend.
I totally agree with you. I mean, $1040 is a fair bit of money for a visa. I know that it is a resident visa, but I would just like to say that I have lived in several different countries and have had to apply for numerous visas of all sorts, and this is by faaar the most expensive and the most extensive and taking the longest amount of time (by faaar, I reiterate). My husband is a UK/US citizen and in order for us to live as husband and wife in any of the European Union countries (as his UK passport allows us), it literally takes weeks to get my spusal visa, and very little money. It took us 3-4 months just to compile all our documents/info for this Canadian visa! ???

Anyway, it is worth it because we want to live in Canada and we want to make a life there together so I do not regret how much time and money this cost (not to mention the anxiety caused) but I do think that a petition is in order (like early posts/members have mentioned and have contributed to). There should be some consistency with the AORs and definitely a shorter timeline. On the app it asked for our plans and proof of intentions to move back to Canada. I wrote something like: With the CIC's processing times in consideration, it may be March 2013 before we are approved, so at this time, all I can say is that we really want to move there. ::)

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
I did FAX CIC-M. I was always told, we haven't started your application, they sent an email to the mail room to find it, but that wasn't helping... I sent a fax with my info and told them to please look for my application.. they sent the mailroom an email, and it was about 15 days and they didn't open it yet.. I figured they would notice the fax sooner... I called a few days later and received a Client ID#.. so they just started to work on it.. not sure if my Fax did the trick? but perhaps. However they way the website is currently showing processing times... The day I heard that I have a Client ID... would have been the first day that I could actually call CIC to ask. The website was just showing +20 days for almost 1 month.. which was misleading. Never hurts to call CIC every 2 days... see what's up.. At least by calling, I know they have my app and are working on it days, perhaps 1 week before I would know any other way.

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
alf+jlh said:
Congrats to all of you that heard something this week! This means the ball is rolling!

Have an amazing long weekend if yu are lucky enough to have tomorrow off... Happy Easter!
can anyone tell me how to track my application through e-cas as i have got my sponsorship approval letter