+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter

Zahma

Jul 3, 2024
It means that your sponsor has been approved and your relationship to your sponsor has now been approved. This is known as AIP: Approval in Principle.
Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

All that's left is the medical (unless you've had your exam already), background and security checks!

If you want/need an Open Work Permit, you can apply now, but...you may be nearing the finish line for your PR so consider the extra cost of OWP (~$255, unless it's gone up).
Hi I am in the same situation here and wondering . If you guys did medical exam after this letter or you should wait for them to send you a letter asking for medical exam. Thank you in advance.

Orishy

May 1, 2024
I've received my my eligibility approval last April 29, 2024 and says I met the requirements. Since then I didn't hear from them like it's been two months already. The only thing left was my background check and it has no update since then I'm inland too. Should I be worried

Zahma

Jul 3, 2024
Thank you so much for the response.
Medical done & approved
Security passed & background check done “
Applied for OWP on 02/01/24 & heard nothing on that.
Should be I excited yet lol.
Hello I receive the same letter here and I don’t know what is next because I don’t receive yet a letter asking for medical exam . So should I wait for it or no? And also what do you need for background check. Thanks