+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter

charbs

Aug 27, 2024
Hello, i got the approval in principal letter (Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter) 4 days after the pre arrival letter. It has been 5 weeks since the AIP and nothing yet. The application tracker shows medical and biometrics as completed but background is still in progress and eligibility is not started yet. How is this possible although i got the approval in principal? And any idea about the timeline?

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Hello, i got the approval in principal letter (Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter) 4 days after the pre arrival letter. It has been 5 weeks since the AIP and nothing yet. The application tracker shows medical and biometrics as completed but background is still in progress and eligibility is not started yet. How is this possible although i got the approval in principal? And any idea about the timeline?
That’s completely normal. Only now December and January applicants are receiving background check completion and portal invites +eCOPR, and they had AIP in like February or march. I’m a February applicant and I received AIP in march, very fast. Haven’t heard anything since. Rn inland applications (outside quebec) are taking around 11 months.

charbs

Aug 27, 2024
That’s completely normal. Only now December and January applicants are receiving background check completion and portal invites +eCOPR, and they had AIP in like February or march. I’m a February applicant and I received AIP in march, very fast. Haven’t heard anything since. Rn inland applications (outside quebec) are taking around 11 months.
I applied on the 25th of January 2024, inland in Quebec

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
I applied on the 25th of January 2024, inland in Quebec
QC applications take longer than non-QC applications. Since you just got your AIP, you have months left until your background check is completed. The average processing time for QC Inland applications is currently 2 years. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do now is wait.

PS: the Application Status Tracker is not working. It broke in mid-June.

charbs

Aug 27, 2024
QC applications take longer than non-QC applications. Since you just got your AIP, you have months left until your background check is completed. The average processing time for QC Inland applications is currently 2 years. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do now is wait.

Ohh... i thought i was so close! I got the CSQ months ago.. does that count for anything?

charbs

Aug 27, 2024

Do you suggest i apply for an OWP then? My current pgwp expires in January, i was planning on traveling in December..

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Do you suggest i apply for an OWP then? My current pgwp expires in January, i was planning on traveling in December..
It might be a good idea but not needed until your current status is closer to expiring. Maybe wait until one month is left on your current WP? I am not familiar with QC timelines.

charbs

Aug 27, 2024
It might be a good idea but not needed until your current status is closer to expiring. Maybe wait until one month is left on your current WP? I am not familiar with QC timelines.
I checked the processing time it says 119 days. Also, can i apply for a TRV with the OWP? Or will I have to wait for the OWP to be issued so that i could apply for a TRV?

SYue

Sep 1, 2024
Hi. May I ask does your sponsor also receive this letter as well or only application receive it?

Victor olu

Jul 19, 2024
Hey,
I applied in January 23rd,2024 and received my AOR in Feb 01,2024. Only my medical and biometrics is marked completed and background check is in progress with criminality completed. But my eligibility has not started yet. Hasn't received sponsor approval too. Is this normal?
I applied the same day but I have received eligibility and pre arrival letter on August 22 2024