+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter

Zahma

Jul 3, 2024
It means that your sponsor has been approved and your relationship to your sponsor has now been approved. This is known as AIP: Approval in Principle.
Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

All that's left is the medical (unless you've had your exam already), background and security checks!

If you want/need an Open Work Permit, you can apply now, but...you may be nearing the finish line for your PR so consider the extra cost of OWP (~$255, unless it's gone up).
Hi I am in the same situation here and wondering . If you guys did medical exam after this letter or you should wait for them to send you a letter asking for medical exam. Thank you in advance.

Orishy

May 1, 2024
I've received my my eligibility approval last April 29, 2024 and says I met the requirements. Since then I didn't hear from them like it's been two months already. The only thing left was my background check and it has no update since then I'm inland too. Should I be worried

Zahma

Jul 3, 2024
Thank you so much for the response.
Medical done & approved
Security passed & background check done “
Applied for OWP on 02/01/24 & heard nothing on that.
Should be I excited yet lol.
Hello I receive the same letter here and I don’t know what is next because I don’t receive yet a letter asking for medical exam . So should I wait for it or no? And also what do you need for background check. Thanks

Sammy321

Jul 11, 2024
Hi guys , I’m an inland applicant for spousal application, I got pre arrival letter on 04/19/24. Got eligibility decision letter on 04/23/24. And the letter says -

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-
Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

Please can anyone help me with what’s next ?
Does this mean pre approval ?
Thanks in advance guys!
Hey, did you finally get the approval? & how many days it took after getting the eligibility decision letter?

Sammy321

Jul 11, 2024
It means that your sponsor has been approved and your relationship to your sponsor has now been approved. This is known as AIP: Approval in Principle.
Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

All that's left is the medical (unless you've had your exam already), background and security checks!

If you want/need an Open Work Permit, you can apply now, but...you may be nearing the finish line for your PR so consider the extra cost of OWP (~$255, unless it's gone up).
Hey do you know how long it takes after AIP to final approval. My wife’s 6 month on visitor visa are approaching and am confused about what to do

Orishy

May 1, 2024
Hey do you know how long it takes after AIP to final approval. My wife’s 6 month on visitor visa are approaching and am confused about what to do
There's no exact time for that. You should have applied for open work permit or visitor record.

rana1808

May 26, 2024
Hi everyone,
I received my AIP (approved in principle) 2 days ago and my pre-arrival letter 5 days ago. Medical passed biometrics passed now only missing background check. Hopefully it wont be too long! I applied in December 2023

Orishy

May 1, 2024
Hi everyone,
I received my AIP (approved in principle) 2 days ago and my pre-arrival letter 5 days ago. Medical passed biometrics passed now only missing background check. Hopefully it wont be too long! I applied in December 2023
I've applied dec 2023 too. Got my AIP april 29, 2024. Done with everything except background check too. Waiting for almost 3 months and no update

Orishy

May 1, 2024
Yeah. Some in months. Depends on your V.O. so you might be lucky. Mine already almost 3 months no update after AIP and pre arrival.