+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
Patricija said:
I just assumed that it would be "cancelled" if I tried to re-enter Canada with a single entry OWP.
not sure why you are referring it as a "Single entry OWP" but as Ponga mentioned, the work permit does not allow re-entry anyway...
It's the visitor visa that allows re-entry and there are different types of visitor visa: single entry and mutiple entry

as mentioned by so many people, nobody can prevent you from leaving but there's a risk of having your inland sponsorship application cancelled when you come back ...

a cancelled sponsorship app would mean your OWP would no longer be valid..

mattster26

Nov 24, 2015
Ok, so I have another update from CIC. Maybe everything will be ok after all :) we managed to get a copy of our receipt form Canada Post, which thankfully included a tracking number. My wife spoke to several agents, they now see that her medical is in the system, and will be contacting us with details on our application. One of these agents also mentioned that new information from Mississauga is that they are still working on September 28th applicants, and that the 4 month window is basically out the window :).

Here's to hoping everything turns out OK.

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
PSTSC said:
not sure why you are referring it as a "Single entry OWP" but as Ponga mentioned, the work permit does not allow re-entry anyway...
It's the visitor visa that allows re-entry and there are different types of visitor visa: single entry and mutiple entry

as mentioned by so many people, nobody can prevent you from leaving but there's a risk of having your inland sponsorship application cancelled when you come back ...

In my case I believe I don't need a visitor visa. Latvia is a visa exempt country, but starting March 15 I need eTA to enter Canada. Thank you all for your responses.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Hello Everyone,

Can anybody suggest how to go about in contacting the MP's office? Does it really help, has anyone experienced speedy processing after contacting them?

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
PSTSC said:

When I called CIC, the agent told me that the OWP replaces the "Visa" and you can leave and re-enter with it as its still a valid document, BUT if for any reason they wan't to deny you entry because of security or health it will cancel everything.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissReeva-Walker said:
When I called CIC, the agent told me that the OWP replaces the "Visa" and you can leave and re-enter with it as its still a valid document, BUT if for any reason they wan't to deny you entry because of security or health it will cancel everything.
It's a valid document, but it does NOT AUTHORIZE re-entry...it even says so.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
mattster26 said:
Ok, so I have another update from CIC. Maybe everything will be ok after all :) we managed to get a copy of our receipt form Canada Post, which thankfully included a tracking number. My wife spoke to several agents, they now see that her medical is in the system, and will be contacting us with details on our application. One of these agents also mentioned that new information from Mississauga is that they are still working on September 28th applicants, and that the 4 month window is basically out the window :).

Here's to hoping everything turns out OK.
Congrats! after seeing your post, I called them again today(as they asked me for my tracking # and receipt #s as well).
The agent refused to even look my UCI and receipt #s up, saying that they're still with 28th and there is no point for him to take any actions now. So mad... :'( :mad:

Sinm

Feb 17, 2016
Hi Folks

My application got registered in the system the 25th November, and I have as so may other not heard anything since then. The waiting time is so frustrating and long. I hoped that I would have got my OWP around now because I have a job waiting for me, but no I haven’t got anything. From what I can read from other people post, shouldn't I expect to hear anything from them before maybe next month.

Sometime I would wish that there was a meeting group around in the country for people there are waiting because I think the waiting time would feel shorter if you know or saw somebody else there was in the same boat. Else are volunteer work my bedst way to kill the waiting time

I wishe good luck to everybody there are wating for an anser for the application.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Ponga said:
It's a valid document, but it does NOT AUTHORIZE re-entry...it even says so.
Correct. It does not authorise entry into Canada.

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
Hi,

I did inland application for my husband and CIC received on Nov4th. Seeing all these posts about Oct-Nov Applications being lost got me worried so i called CIC knowing the fact that i am calling them too early to know about my application. Well, the agent was very nice and told me as long as i have the receipt from Canada Post i shouldn't be worried about my file getting lost or anything however they still working on Sept applications it might take upto TWO months to get AOR(which is frustrating). But for the work permit he said My husband should call back in March and he won't need extension as he would be on Implied status. I also asked him how would i know if my file is going to be denied or not as i shouldn't take the risk of not applying for extension to which he answered that those OWP applications are only denied because they are missing a document, not eligible or applied when out of status. My husband's visa expires on April 14th should i apply for his extension in March end or not?

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Oct 13th applicant update...
So I called CIC two days ago,explaining that it's been 4 months and I hadn't heard anything from CIC. They asked me for my tracking # and receipt #s.
Today, I called twice. the first agent refused to take any actions.
the second was a nice lady, she looked into my situation and she told me that they now have my OWP app in the system but my PR app is still not in the system...it's really strange as I handed my OWP app along with my PR app...
but now at least we know that they haven't lost all the Oct and Nov packages...

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Anyone else had (bad) luck like me and got issued work permit expiring same date as a passport ?
I've applied for new passport , got it on 10 years this time 8) , and i'd like to extend current pilot project owp...
Should i just follow this guide and send a new application to CPC -Vegreville?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Patricija said:
In my case I believe I don't need a visitor visa. Latvia is a visa exempt country, but starting March 15 I need eTA to enter Canada. Thank you all for your responses.
eTA is already issued to you if you have WP of any kind. I've got email from IRCC few months ago about that.I'll copy paste it for you.
Also ,i suggest you to stay here until you resolve your status. I went to Europe last summer and i had horrible experience on Dublin International airport.Flight companies sometimes are worse than immigration officers and you need to show everything you've got when it comes to immigration papers and if he doesn't believe you ,he won't let you board the plane.I'm from visa exempt country and EU like you and there's no way that i'm going home ever again until i finish this immigration process.

A message from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Beginning March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals will require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada. U.S. citizens are exempt from the eTA requirement.
If your study or work permit was issued on or before July 31, 2015, you will need to apply for an eTA if you wish to enter or return to Canada by air on or after March 15, 2016.
If you received your study or work permit on or after August 1, 2015, you were automatically issued an eTA with your study or work permit.
For more information, and to apply for an eTA, please visit Canada.ca/eTA.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Daisyli122 said:
Oct 13th applicant update...
So I called CIC two days ago,explaining that it's been 4 months and I hadn't heard anything from CIC. They asked me for my tracking # and receipt #s.
Today, I called twice. the first agent refused to take any actions.
the second was a nice lady, she looked into my situation and she told me that they now have my OWP app in the system but my PR app is still not in the system...it's really strange as I handed my OWP app along with my PR app...
but now at least we know that they haven't lost all the Oct and Nov packages...
Now I'm starting to worry about whether they're going to reject my OWP app because my PR app is not in the system...
Have anybody encountered the same situation before?