+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
That's good news Sunny! Essentially it's a one line adjustment and I'm hoping that because the checklist isn't actually a form we should be good to go.

Here's to hoping CIC pulls through!

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Even I think Checklist should not be a big deal. But the bigger question is outdated forms, I guess if one does have a File number, not much of an option but to wait it out.

Sunny

Rose15

Aug 8, 2015
Hello,just to give a details about our inland application,i sponsored my husband,we sent the application on june 15 canada post,we sent our missed 100 fee on july 21,,,we got aor on august 22 that they received our application on june16,my husband(applicant,he didnt get AOR but he can check his ecas because he has uci,,month of SEpt. We check again the ecas it said your application (sponsored) is in process,,,sept 15 we got our open work permit,,approved on sept 09,,,thank you,,Godbless everyone

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
FarzanMirheydari said:
Hi,

This is related to outdated forms. I made a few calls to CIC and call centre agents told me there is nothing I can do and just need to wait it out and they said the application will be returned. I am currently employed and had discussed terms with my employer to stop working through the month of October as I won't have a status in Canada and just waiting for OWP to arrive. With this situation, I am certain I will be losing my job, it is a very devastating news for me and I am panicking.

Call Centre agent said if application is returned after Sep 30th I'll lose status and won't get OWP until 17 months ( I think she was referring to the time for AIP ). Question is, is there any workaround for my situation? I may be able to find another job in a few months and use the emergency cash but not being able to work for 17 month means that I'm basically hitting rock bottom financially speaking.
If your current status expires on September 30th, you can apply for restoration of status until December 29. Some call centre agents tell that you can apply for an OWP and a restoration of status at the same time, others tell that you should wait and apply for OWP only after you are back in status. It can take longer, but at least not 17 months.
Or, if you are certain that your application will be sent back, you can apply to change your status to visitor before Sept 30. This way you won't loose your status, but if your PR won't be turned back after all, it can cause a huge mess, since you applied first for OWP, and only after then your visitor visa...

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
MarioPavlovich said:
Hi folks
So I received my Pilot program OWP but it's dated only a little bit more than a year.Date of expiration is same as my passport. So my question is , if that doesn't cover my inland processing time ,can I reapply for another OWP sometimes next year?I imagine that AIP is gonna be done by then. I'm getting new passport in a month,more or less.
So just read that I have to wait 17 months for AIP. And my owp is 15 months.Can I ask for extension somehow if needed or ask for new owp once when i renew my passport.
Any ideas or experiences with this?
Thanks

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
So, my application was received in Mississauga today after I very nervously sent it off yesterday and took a mini grump at the extra $43 to send it that I hadn't thought of :mad: ;)

Please add me to the spreadsheet of hopeful glory!

Application - Common Law & OWP
Applied From - Calgary
Application Sent - 14th September 2015
Meds Done - No
Police Checks sent - Yes (UK, Oz and consent for NZ).

My current IEC expires on 16th January 2016 so fingers crosses I get my OWP within the 4 months. And even more so that they don't end the pilot there and no longer issue them!

Thought I'd feel a great sense of relief when I mailed the thing having stressed over it for so long but it wasn't really there, just the knowledge that it's no longer in my hands.

jsk2014

Jun 27, 2014
Hi Sophie

I received my OWP today. It was issued on September 9th.

It states at the bottom of the form that this does not authorise re-entry.
However I would like to go on holiday outside Canada and also visit family in UK at some point. I am a British citizen.
How risky is it to do this? Does anyone have any experience of this that they are willing to share please?

Thanks
Jo
Jsk2014

Woona

Sep 5, 2015
Boisbriand, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hello!

I am here on behalf of my friend that applied in September 2014, but because they returned all the file to her, she is considered as a December 2014 applicant. I would like to know if anyone here has received any AIP or DM if they applied on December 2014? She received a OWP because of the pilot project from CIC... and now she is waiting for her CSQ (because she is from Quebec).

I know CIC is pretty messed up now treating the demand from September, October and November... Are they going to start processing demands from 2015 before summer 2014? That will be interesting to observe through the next months.

SUSAN8098

Sep 16, 2015
Hey guys!

I am from Taiwan, and I am currently staying in Canada with my post graduate open work permit visa, which will expire in Feb 2016. My husband (Canadian Citizen) and I got legally married in May 2015, and I just sent my Sponsorship PR application a few days ago along with OWP application form. My concerns:

1. When I submitted the applications, I only submitted the OWP form with no supporting documents that were listed on the document checklist. I didn't think it was necessary since all the required supporting documents seems to be just duplicates of the original Sponsorship PR application. Things like passport pages and copy of our marriage certificates, those are all include in the Sponsorship Application, so I didn't include them or make extra copies for the OWP application. I paid the appropriate fees and attached the receipt. Thinking back at it now, maybe I should have duplicate those supporting documents and included them in the OWP application? Do you think that would be a problem?

2. This is something I didn't think about before. The reason why my current OWP expires Feb 2016 is because my passport expires Feb 2016, and I haven't applied for a new one yet. I was going to apply for a new one in the next few months. I am concerned that because I submitted all the application with my current passport that is about to expire, even though if I do get a new OWP, it's not going to last me two years, but it's also going to expire in Feb 2016. In that case, there's no point of submitting this OWP right now. Should I have renewed and my passport and submit again? what about my Sponsorship application?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
SUSAN8098 said:
Hey guys!

I am from Taiwan, and I am currently staying in Canada with my post graduate open work permit visa, which will expire in Feb 2016. My husband (Canadian Citizen) and I got legally married in May 2015, and I just sent my Sponsorship PR application a few days ago along with OWP application form. My concerns:

1. When I submitted the applications, I only submitted the OWP form with no supporting documents that were listed on the document checklist. I didn't think it was necessary since all the required supporting documents seems to be just duplicates of the original Sponsorship PR application. Things like passport pages and copy of our marriage certificates, those are all include in the Sponsorship Application, so I didn't include them or make extra copies for the OWP application. I paid the appropriate fees and attached the receipt. Thinking back at it now, maybe I should have duplicate those supporting documents and included them in the OWP application? Do you think that would be a problem?

2. This is something I didn't think about before. The reason why my current OWP expires Feb 2016 is because my passport expires Feb 2016, and I haven't applied for a new one yet. I was going to apply for a new one in the next few months. I am concerned that because I submitted all the application with my current passport that is about to expire, even though if I do get a new OWP, it's not going to last me two years, but it's also going to expire in Feb 2016. In that case, there's no point of submitting this OWP right now. Should I have renewed and my passport and submit again? what about my Sponsorship application?
1. That won't be a problem, the only thing needed for OWP is the fee and change of conditions form, as long as you sent it together with your PR app.
2. Yes, you need to renew your passport and send the scan with the picture page via case specific inquiry to CIC. OWP can only be valid for 2 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
This is the ling to the case specific inquiry, hope that helps! Good luck! https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.53817775.643377795.1417130213

andydandy

Aug 4, 2015
Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain the difference between the second and third columns in sophies's Inland Application Timeline google spreadsheet.

The second column is "Date Application Received according to CIC", and the third column is "Date AOR received".

We just sent our application form in yesterday, and it is supposed to have arrived today (we went it by courier). However, the courier tracking didn't update properly to show it was delivered, and when I was speaking to the courier customer service, I became a bit concerned, as they said perhaps the delivery person didn't scan it properly, and it was delivered. They said they would track things down to confirm proof of delivery.

Anyways, I just want to be sure that my application was received, but had read some people saying that they sometimes didn't ever get a confirmation of AOR.

So, I was wondering if the second column (date application received according to CIC) is updated right away by CIC when they receive the application, and the AOR is something else that is a second confirmation or something?

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
When you get an AOR, it will tell you the day they received your application. The third column is the day you receive that letter/email.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Apanna said:
Still haven't gotten our OWP.
SO depressing...
Still waiting too! We just have one day of diference, it is so frustrating to see how people from late june is already getting it! I called few times to cic and
They even sent an intern message to the
Officer with my file, he did read it but he Didn't approved it and the told me that I have to
Wait.
Today the MP made a request on our behalf and we are waiting to hear back from him so be patient!