06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
sophieee said:
You don't need to send it in more than one way.
You can verify it by ordering your GCMS notes (it will take 30+ days to receive an answer), or you can ask your MP to send an email on your behalf. But it will take a while before CIC processes your additional documents and link them to your file.
Thanks Sophieee, Can I update my info on the spreadsheet or do you own that document? My wife (who is the sponsor) received her first AOR and our second AOR all together on the 30th of September. I received a communication on the same day asking for me to fill out some missing info in Schedule A and send it back to them. (I made some mistakes with dates).

The email that they asked me to respond to says "Application Advancement". Is that normal or are they processing my application faster?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Boudz said:
Thanks Sophieee, Can I update my info on the spreadsheet or do you own that document? My wife (who is the sponsor) received her first AOR and our second AOR all together on the 30th of September. I received a communication on the same day asking for me to fill out some missing info in Schedule A and send it back to them. (I made some mistakes with dates).

The email that they asked me to respond to says "Application Advancement". Is that normal or are they processing my application faster?
Are you sure your wife received AOR and not AIP? Does it look anything like these letters:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.qlt8xlxeeun7

CIC works strangely nowadays, some applicants receive an answer much earlier then they should according to their timeline. The total processing time for applicants with no issues or red flags seems to vary between 12 and 19 months. So it's possible that you will be one of the lucky ones and land soon, but they can also sit on your additional documents for months before contacting you again.

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
sophieee said:
Are you sure your wife received AOR and not AIP? Does it look anything like these letters:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.qlt8xlxeeun7

CIC works strangely nowadays, some applicants receive an answer much earlier then they should according to their timeline. The total processing time for applicants with no issues or red flags seems to vary between 12 and 19 months. So it's possible that you will be one of the lucky ones and land soon, but they can also sit on your additional documents for months before contacting you again.
I think it's an AOR, I received the first AOR back in Feb I think and we get this second one last month. Here's the email:

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear WIFE NAME,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/11/26 on behalf of the following member(s):

MY NAME

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Boudz said:
I think it's an AOR, I received the first AOR back in Feb I think and we get this second one last month. Here's the email:

Dear WIFE NAME,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/11/26 on behalf of the following member(s):

MY NAME
Indeed this a second AOR. I still think that this is a good sign that you were asked for this documents now, but as I said, months can pass before they contact you again.

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Landed today! Our appointment is at 10am we went there about 9:50am. Waited for about 20 mins. The officer was very nice and asked the traditional 3 questions. I have been told the PR card will take about 44 days. They voided my work permit and asked me if we planned to travel soon. Basically if we want to travel before I received the pr card, I will have to pay extra fee for some travel documents. So they don't recommend you travel before receiving the pc card. Hope this would be helpful for the group here. Good lucky for the people who are still in process. it will come soon for you!

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
softball said:
Landed today! Our appointment is at 10am we went there about 9:50am. Waited for about 20 mins. The officer was very nice and asked the traditional 3 questions. I have been told the PR card will take about 44 days. They voided my work permit and asked me if we planned to travel soon. Basically if we want to travel before I received the pr card, I will have to pay extra fee for some travel documents. So they don't recommend you travel before receiving the pc card. Hope this would be helpful for the group here. Good lucky for the people who are still in process. it will come soon for you!
Congrats..ours is tomorrow at 1pm at Etobicoke..

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
softball said:
Extra fee for what documents? I've been told by Ponga that you can travel by car with just a CoPR without any issues. Drive to the states and back for example. No?

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
raffylopezcutora said:
Congrats..ours is tomorrow at 1pm at Etobicoke..
How long did you have to wait between DM and landing letter?

Did you Ecas update to say that a letter (landing) had been sent?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Extra fee for what documents? I've been told by Ponga that you can travel by car with just a CoPR without any issues. Drive to the states and back for example. No?
To travel via a commercial carrier before receiving the PR Card, those that are not from a visa-exempt country require a travel document.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED TODAY..

Easy process.. but had to wait around 2.5 hours..

Checked passports, didn't even check addresses or anything and they must have used what was on Ecas

Asked 3 basic questions.

Also for some strange reason I don't have Condition 51 (Conditional Status) I just have Condition 0... Doesn't matter anyway

I asked her about my Trip I have planned in December to the Bahamas and I said that I will not have my PR card by then and that If I could use my British passport to get back into Canada as its Visa Exempt and I could tell she didn't have a clue and just said that you need a Travel document....

lheenj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Boudz said:
Hi folks,

I received an email from Immigration asking for me to re-do Schedule A IMM5669 and send it back to the below contact:

Attention: Application Advancement – INLAND SCLP

Email: CPC-Mississauga-InlandSCLP@cic.gc.ca

Facsimile: (905) 803-7392

So I sent it by email and fax to the above contacts, do I need to be sending anything by regular mail? How do I know that they actually received the documents?
^
Updates on our application:
We also received the same email yesterday and also another email requesting my husband to do his medical. :D
We already booked an appointment on Nov 3.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
I have my landing this Monday! So it took pretty much exactly a month between DM and the actual landing appointment!

Just a few questions in regards to this...

1. What can I expect?

2. Do we need to bring two photos taken within the last 12 months of my wife (sponsor) as well? It says "2 photos for each person on this application". Pretty sure it's just for me, but wanna make sure.

3. It doesn't say anything about bringing proof that we have payed for the application. But I guess we should do that anyway? That's what I've been told on here anyway.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
LANDED TODAY..

Easy process.. but had to wait around 2.5 hours..

Checked passports, didn't even check addresses or anything and they must have used what was on Ecas

Asked 3 basic questions.

Also for some strange reason I don't have Condition 51 (Conditional Status) I just have Condition 0... Doesn't matter anyway

I asked her about my Trip I have planned in December to the Bahamas and I said that I will not have my PR card by then and that If I could use my British passport to get back into Canada as its Visa Exempt and I could tell she didn't have a clue and just said that you need a Travel document....
congrats Jamesdavid!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
SamHom said:
I have my landing this Monday! So it took pretty much exactly a month between DM and the actual landing appointment!

Just a few questions in regards to this...

1. What can I expect?

2. Do we need to bring two photos taken within the last 12 months of my wife (sponsor) as well? It says "2 photos for each person on this application". Pretty sure it's just for me, but wanna make sure.

3. It doesn't say anything about bringing proof that we have payed for the application. But I guess we should do that anyway? That's what I've been told on here anyway.
Congrats!

1. See this for the usual questions asked on the interview:
2. No, just for sponsored persons.
3. My letter said to bring it, but I wasn't asked to show it. They should see it in the system. But just to be on the safe side I think it's a good idea to bring it anyway.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
sophieee said:
Congrats!

1. See this for the usual questions asked on the interview:
2. No, just for sponsored persons.
3. My letter said to bring it, but I wasn't asked to show it. They should see it in the system. But just to be on the safe side I think it's a good idea to bring it anyway.
It also says "please bring your current social insurance number card that begins with a "9" with you."
But I don't have any social insurance or any card...what are they referring too?

Is my UCI my social inseuance? It does start with a 9. But no card.