+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Can anyone comment on which address they accept for the landing interview?

My issue is that myself and my spouse is landing next week and we have also purchased a house together which we are moving into in 35 days..

Can I give them my new address which we are moving into for the address to send the PR Card even though we are not living there yet?
Did you and your girlfriend recently get married?

The entire time that you've been here, you have refused to refer to her as anything other than your girlfriend; you didn't even call her your Common-Law partner. Since you say that you and your spouse have purchased a house together, you must be aware that CIC sees a spouse as:

Family Sponsorship:

Q: What is spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner?

Spouse - A spouse is defined as a life partner in a committed relationship who is of the opposite or same sex/gender. This person is married to you and the marriage is legally recognized both in Canada and in the country where it took place. CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) has begun recognizing same-sex marriages in processing immigration applications. It only applies to couples where one spouse is a Canadian citizen/permanent resident and to those who marry in Canada.

I guess congratulations are in order. ;)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Did you and your girlfriend recently get married?

The entire time that you've been here, you have refused to refer to her as anything other than your girlfriend; you didn't even call her your Common-Law partner. Since you say that you and your spouse have purchased a house together, you must be aware that CIC sees a spouse as:

Family Sponsorship:

Q: What is spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner?

Spouse - A spouse is defined as a life partner in a committed relationship who is of the opposite or same sex/gender. This person is married to you and the marriage is legally recognized both in Canada and in the country where it took place. CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) has begun recognizing same-sex marriages in processing immigration applications. It only applies to couples where one spouse is a Canadian citizen/permanent resident and to those who marry in Canada.

I guess congratulations are in order. ;)
Yes, as of 2 weeks ago

Can anyone answer my question?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
xandt said:
Per the request from CIC for Police Certificate, we had to travel to the country of my previous residency to get it, as doing it remotely is almost impossible, especially under the tight time frame. Just came back today. Told CBSA officer at the airport the reason of the trip and showed the OWP, we had no problem coming back in. There wasn't any tough questions. Only a few friendly questions and we were welcome back home.

The Police Certificate from my country of citizenship, however, was just mailed out today. It might take 6-9 working days to arrive. I'll have to mail out the requested documents out to CIC without it, as I can't miss the deadline of Nov.1, which is on Sunday. Everything I can provide so far has to arrive CIC by Oct. 30.
I would send an explanation letter that you will send your documents as soon as your receive them. Usually it works, even if you haven't had traveled back, you could have send an explanation and give them an estimate when you should receive your police cert. CIC is aware that in some countries it takes a long time to get the police cert.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Yes, as of 2 weeks ago

Can anyone answer my question?
I would ask the officer at the landing interview, they should know the answer. Just make sure that both of you have IDs with the same (old) address and proof that you purchased the house together.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
Received my landing appointment an hour ago. I land on November 3rd. A little nervous about the interview, mostly because of the question they'll ask if I've ever been denied entry to Canada. I have once, but I hope it all goes smoothly!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gaymer said:
Received my landing appointment an hour ago. I land on November 3rd. A little nervous about the interview, mostly because of the question they'll ask if I've ever been denied entry to Canada. I have once, but I hope it all goes smoothly!
Congratulations!

As long as you disclosed the denial in your PR application, or it happened after your application was received by CIC, you should be fine.

May I ask why you were denied?

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
Ponga said:
Congratulations!

As long as you disclosed the denial in your PR application, or it happened after your application was received by CIC, you should be fine.

May I ask why you were denied?
Yeah, I made sure to disclose it with my application, otherwise I'd be misrepresenting myself! It happened in 2009. I was visiting my spouse (boyfriend at the time) for his birthday. I ended up getting an officer who asked a million questions. Basically he denied me entry (technically asked me to forfeit my application to enter Canada) because he came to the conclusion I was looking for work in Canada. Not sure why or how, but it's the reason why I've been pulled into secondary since that day.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Gaymer said:
Yeah, I made sure to disclose it with my application, otherwise I'd be misrepresenting myself! It happened in 2009. I was visiting my spouse (boyfriend at the time) for his birthday. I ended up getting an officer who asked a million questions. Basically he denied me entry (technically asked me to forfeit my application to enter Canada) because he came to the conclusion I was looking for work in Canada. Not sure why or how, but it's the reason why I've been pulled into secondary since that day.
Then you were technically not denied.

What's your office and how long did you have to wait? I am currently waiting for an appointment at Etobicoke office.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
SamHom said:

What's your office and how long did you have to wait? I am currently waiting for an appointment at Etobicoke office.
I got both AIP and DM on the 20th, and just received my landing on the 26th. I only had to wait a few days. Landing in Edmonton.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Gaymer said:
I got both AIP and DM on the 20th, and just received my landing on the 26th. I only had to wait a few days. Landing in Edmonton.
Nice! I wonder if the Etobicoke office is so slow (usually around 5 weeks between DM & landing) because they're a lot busier or because they're a lot lazier.

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
SamHom said:

Hey SamHom, how long have you been waiting for since you got your DM?
I've been waiting for 4 weeks in Yellwoknife, a very small city and wondering how long other people usually wait.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Flo85 said:
Hey SamHom, how long have you been waiting for since you got your DM?
I've been waiting for 4 weeks in Yellwoknife, a very small city and wondering how long other people usually wait.
I have been waiting for circa 3.5 weeks now. I have no idea how long Yellowknife usually takes but the average for Etobicoke seems to be around 5 weeks.

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
Hi folks,

I received an email from Immigration asking for me to re-do Schedule A IMM5669 and send it back to the below contact:

Attention: Application Advancement – INLAND SCLP

Email: CPC-Mississauga-InlandSCLP@cic.gc.ca

Facsimile: (905) 803-7392

So I sent it by email and fax to the above contacts, do I need to be sending anything by regular mail? How do I know that they actually received the documents?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Boudz said:
Hi folks,

I received an email from Immigration asking for me to re-do Schedule A IMM5669 and send it back to the below contact:

Attention: Application Advancement – INLAND SCLP

Email: CPC-Mississauga-InlandSCLP@cic.gc.ca

Facsimile: (905) 803-7392

So I sent it by email and fax to the above contacts, do I need to be sending anything by regular mail? How do I know that they actually received the documents?
You don't need to send it in more than one way.
You can verify it by ordering your GCMS notes (it will take 30+ days to receive an answer), or you can ask your MP to send an email on your behalf. But it will take a while before CIC processes your additional documents and link them to your file.