+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
susana said:
Do you have a legal status in Canada? as you mentioned you have been living in Canada since January, did you apply to extend your stay in July ? if not you are out of status and it would be better to submit inland. If you have a visitor record, fill out the outland forms and re-submit. The medicals are valid for a year, you don't have to pay again as the receipt you had is either for outland or inland, your application was not processed or refused, so fees were not applied yet to your application. About the FBI clearance, submit the same you have, if CIC wants you to update the PCC, they will request it. If you submit Inland, they will honor the date stamped in your application.
This is all a huge help, thank you! Several members of this forum on a different thread have advised me to submit a new application Outland and basically scrap the Inland one. I move up here kindof in January but didn't get a visitor record or visa or anything. We traveled back to the US in late April for our honeymoon and upon our return to Canada, the border agent gave me my visitor record so it was valid from April to Oct 31. So it expired two weeks ago, but we submitted our Inland app on Sep 3 so I was expecting to be under implied status after that point. Now that they sent our Inland app back and it appears to have never been processed (I can't locate it when I search for it online), I'm assuming I'm out of status, but I understand I have 90 days from my visitor record expiring to apply to restore my status. So I'm going to do that and we're going to basically start fresh and send in a new Outland application instead of the Inland one. My police record is 4 months old so I think I have to get a new one for the new Outland app, but I have all the other necessary forms and my medical is still good.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
Site has finally updated again, they're processing August 20th now.

I can't believe it, only 3 days in 3 weeks.
Wow, at this rate its going to be another 4 years before they even start to process mine...

WHY IS IT TAKING 3 WEEKS to process just 3 days worth.................

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mhook said:
This is all a huge help, thank you! Several members of this forum on a different thread have advised me to submit a new application Outland and basically scrap the Inland one. I move up here kindof in January but didn't get a visitor record or visa or anything. We traveled back to the US in late April for our honeymoon and upon our return to Canada, the border agent gave me my visitor record so it was valid from April to Oct 31. So it expired two weeks ago, but we submitted our Inland app on Sep 3 so I was expecting to be under implied status after that point. Now that they sent our Inland app back and it appears to have never been processed (I can't locate it when I search for it online), I'm assuming I'm out of status, but I understand I have 90 days from my visitor record expiring to apply to restore my status. So I'm going to do that and we're going to basically start fresh and send in a new Outland application instead of the Inland one. My police record is 4 months old so I think I have to get a new one for the new Outland app, but I have all the other necessary forms and my medical is still good.
I just want to reinforce you, the best thing you can do is restore your status and apply outland.
Good luck!

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Hey everyone,

Just a question. Me and my wife have submitted the inland application and we have got the AOR. My wife currently has a work permit and employed, but the expiration date of the work permit will be May, 2015. As the stage 1 processing time becomes longer and longer, we do not believe we can obtain the AIP before the work permit expiration date. Can we submit OWP application before AIP? Since we really do not want to lose the job due to invalid work permit. BTW, her employer does not want to do the LMO...

Thank you so much for any advices. :)

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

First of all, pls forgive me if my concern/questions are already discussed in this forum. I'm new here and I don't know which pages or links that I should read to know more about my situation ;( So pls, don't mind me if I'm asking it again. Thanks a lot <3
I'm a Canadian citizen and currently living in Edmonton with my fiancé (He's American and came here as a foreigner worker), my own 5.5 years old son and our 11 months old son <3
My fiancé's work permit was expired in June 2014 and I've been on maternity/parental leave since December 2013.
He drove to the border to extend his stay as a visitor and they let him to stay for 3 more months to have time to finish the spousal sponsorship application (inside Canada). We sent out the spousal sponsorship application in July 2014 (we didn't send an application for his Open Work Permit at the time), and we did send the visa extended application in August 2014. He got extended to stay as a visitor until October 2015. My questions are:

1. We didn't send out an application for his open work permit along with the spousal sponsorship application. Is it ok if we send it now instead of waiting until S1 approved? (To save time. Honestly, It's hard for me to support 4 people in the house with my low income part time job, so it's better if he can work ASAP)

2. When we were filling out the application to sponsor my fiancé. I was on parental leave but now I'm working. Do I need to send CIC a letter to let them know about it? And I didn't send them the proof that I have money in the bank to support his stay (but I did send it in the application to extend his stay. Again, we sent 2 applications separately). Should we send it with the letter saying that I'm working now?

3. If "yes" for both questions. Could you please show me which form we should use to fill out to apply for his OWP? And should we send to the address that we used to send our spousal sponsorship application to or the one that we used to send the visa extended application to?

I appreciate for your help/advice and it means a lot to me because I'm so depressed, confused now, and I don't know what to do! ;(

P.S: I'm sorry that I posted my situation in another link and they advised me to change my inland app to outland. I'm posting it again here hoping you guys can give me more details or advices with my situation. I appreciate for your help and I hope you can help to get me out of my situation! <3

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sentivo said:
Hi everyone,

First of all, pls forgive me if my concern/questions are already discussed in this forum. I'm new here and I don't know which pages or links that I should read to know more about my situation ;( So pls, don't mind me if I'm asking it again. Thanks a lot <3
I'm a Canadian citizen and currently living in Edmonton with my fiancé (He's American and came here as a foreigner worker), my own 5.5 years old son and our 11 months old son <3
My fiancé's work permit was expired in June 2014 and I've been on maternity/parental leave since December 2013.
He drove to the border to extend his stay as a visitor and they let him to stay for 3 more months to have time to finish the spousal sponsorship application (inside Canada). We sent out the spousal sponsorship application in July 2014 (we didn't send an application for his Open Work Permit at the time), and we did send the visa extended application in August 2014. He got extended to stay as a visitor until October 2015. My questions are:

1. We didn't send out an application for his open work permit along with the spousal sponsorship application. Is it ok if we send it now instead of waiting until S1 approved? (To save time. Honestly, It's hard for me to support 4 people in the house with my low income part time job, so it's better if he can work ASAP)

2. When we were filling out the application to sponsor my fiancé. I was on parental leave but now I'm working. Do I need to send CIC a letter to let them know about it? And I didn't send them the proof that I have money in the bank to support his stay (but I did send it in the application to extend his stay. Again, we sent 2 applications separately). Should we send it with the letter saying that I'm working now?

3. If "yes" for both questions. Could you please show me which form we should use to fill out to apply for his OWP? And should we send to the address that we used to send our spousal sponsorship application to or the one that we used to send the visa extended application to?

I appreciate for your help/advice and it means a lot to me because I'm so depressed, confused now, and I don't know what to do! ;(

P.S: I'm sorry that I posted my situation in another link and they advised me to change my inland app to outland. I'm posting it again here hoping you guys can give me more details or advices with my situation. I appreciate for your help and I hope you can help to get me out of my situation! <3
I think you got great advice on the other thread, you should listen to them. With the inland route best case scenario that you will get AIP (with that your spouse can get OWP) in the Summer of 2015. Worst case scenario that you will wait till the end of 2015 or more. With the outland route you can be approved in the Spring, and it's very unlikely that it would lake longer than Summer.
First withdraw your inland app, than gather your documents and fill out the outland forms as soon as you can, you can send it with an explanation letter even before you get the FBI record, and can use the previous receipt.
You should check the US outland thread for more help:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/us-outland-applicants-thread-t106068.3420.html

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kszhang said:
Hey everyone,

Just a question. Me and my wife have submitted the inland application and we have got the AOR. My wife currently has a work permit and employed, but the expiration date of the work permit will be May, 2015. As the stage 1 processing time becomes longer and longer, we do not believe we can obtain the AIP before the work permit expiration date. Can we submit OWP application before AIP? Since we really do not want to lose the job due to invalid work permit. BTW, her employer does not want to do the LMO...

Thank you so much for any advices. :)
CIC usually advise to NOT send an OWP application after you sent the PR app and before you get the AIP. Nevertheless a few people sent it in the meantime and they got the OWP right after the AIP, so it looks like it could work...
I would say it's worth a try, but send it to Mississauga along with an explanation letter with all your info you have about your PR app and with the OWP in a separate envelope (inside the bigger one) with big bold letters on the envelop "Please process after AIP".

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
sophieee said:
I think you got great advice on the other thread, you should listen to them. With the inland route best case scenario that you will get AIP (with that your spouse can get OWP) in the Summer of 2015. Worst case scenario that you will wait till the end of 2015 or more. With the outland route you can be approved in the Spring, and it's very unlikely that it would lake longer than Summer.
First withdraw your inland app, than gather your documents and fill out the outland forms as soon as you can, you can send it with an explanation letter even before you get the FBI record, and can use the previous receipt.
You should check the US outland thread for more help:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/us-outland-applicants-thread-t106068.3420.html
Hi sophieee,
I have considered about it and I made the final decision. I talked to my fiancé about it and we will try to reapply outland. Thanks again! :)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Wow, at this rate its going to be another 4 years before they even start to process mine...

WHY IS IT TAKING 3 WEEKS to process just 3 days worth.................
I'm thinking exactly the same thing here... How is that even remotely possible. I don't understand how that is even remotely sustainable.
At this rate the processing time will increase indefinitely.

At this rate, someone applying today will wait 7 years.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
sophieee said:
CIC usually advise to NOT send an OWP application after you sent the PR app and before you get the AIP. Nevertheless a few people sent it in the meantime and they got the OWP right after the AIP, so it looks like it could work...
I would say it's worth a try, but send it to Mississauga along with an explanation letter with all your info you have about your PR app and with the OWP in a separate envelope (inside the bigger one) with big bold letters on the envelop "Please process after AIP".
Thank you for your response.

But when we have submitted the OWP application and my wife's work permit has expired, does she have implied status to legally still working in Canada without any interruptions?

Also I do not understand why we need to send the application to Mississauga, rather than CPC-V, the work permit process center

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
kszhang said:
Thank you for your response. But when we have submitted the OWP application and my wife's work permit has expired, does she have implied status to legally still working in Canada without any interruptions?
You only get implied status if your permit is still valid when you mail in your application. If you mail an OWP with you application when you have no status or expires status you will have to wait until AIP to work.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
alicia13 said:
You only get implied status if your permit is still valid when you mail in your application. If you mail an OWP with you application when you have no status or expires status you will have to wait until AIP to work.
thank you alicia13. so that means we have to apply for visitor visa to continue to stay in Canada during the time waiting for AIP?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kszhang said:
thank you alicia13. so that means we have to apply for visitor visa to continue to stay in Canada during the time waiting for AIP?
Since your wife's visa has expired and you didn't submit your OWP with the application before her visa expired, it means your wife status is now "out of status". It wouldn't work to apply for a visitor visa extension while "out of status". You would be required to apply for a "restoration of status" within 90 days after her visa expired. However you can choose to no apply for "restoration of status" and have your wife continue to be "out of status". She would have to remain low under the CIC/CBSA's radar while she waits for her OWP to come through.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
screech339 said:
Since your wife's visa has expired and you didn't submit your OWP with the application before her visa expired, it means your wife status is now "out of status". It wouldn't work to apply for a visitor visa extension while "out of status". You would be required to apply for a "restoration of status" within 90 days after her visa expired. However you can choose to no apply for "restoration of status" and have your wife continue to be "out of status". She would have to remain low under the CIC/CBSA's radar while she waits for her OWP to come through.
Thank you so much screech339. But I think there is a misunderstanding here...

My wife still has a valid work permit until May, 2015 and we have got the AOR of the inland application, so we want to submit OWP applcation before AIP (we believe the AIP will come serveral months after the work permit expire). So we are not sure what is our status in canada during the time work permit expired and AIP not approved yet. If the OWP will not be approved until AIP is confirmed, what we should do to maintain her employment...

Thank you again :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kszhang said:
Thank you so much screech339. But I think there is a misunderstanding here...

My wife still has a valid work permit until May, 2015 and we have got the AOR of the inland application, so we want to submit OWP applcation before AIP (we believe the AIP will come serveral months after the work permit expire). So we are not sure what is our status in canada during the time work permit expired and AIP not approved yet. If the OWP will not be approved until AIP is confirmed, what we should do to maintain her employment...

Thank you again :)
Since your wife's visa is still valid, then I would suggest you submit a work visa extension if possible before the visa expires. Submitting an OWP before visa expires does not give implied status since you didn't submit it with PR application same time. OWP is not a work visa extension. It's a new and different type of work visa. However your wife can get "implied status" as a visitor after her work visa expires if you submit a visitor extension before her visa expires. If you only submitted your OWP before your wife's visa expires, your wife's status will be "out of status" between the time her work visa expires to time she get her OWP, unless you submit a visitor extension.