+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
hello guys,

Thanks to this forum for all help.

I was wondering is anyone can give me some information on how to chance(if possible) USA driver's license to Ontario?
we are doing inland application, and it would be great to have canadian driver's license.

Is it possible to change it while application is still in progress ( submitted few weeks ago)?

Will they ask any stamp in passport/ visa extension? ( I dont have stamp in passport, my visitor status is till november 9th, i didnt extend visa since we applied for open work permit)

Which documents needed other than drivers license? ( driver's record?)

which office in Toronto area would you advice?

Any help/ advice is very appreciated.

Thank you

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guapa said:
hello guys,

I was wondering is anyone can give me some information on how to chance(if possible) USA driver's license to Ontario?
we are doing inland application, and it would be great to have canadian driver's license.

Is it possible to change it while application is still in progress ( submitted few weeks ago)?

Will they ask any stamp in passport/ visa extension? ( I dont have stamp in passport, my visitor status is till november 9th, i didnt extend visa since we applied for open work permit)

Thank you
you will need some kind of immigration document. usually one doesn't require a canadian driver's license unless one stays over 6 months at a time. you will also require proof of address, so bank statement, credit card statement, etc in canadian address.

edit - immigration status aren't necessary according to drivetest.ca

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Guapa said:
hello guys,

Thank you

Go to service canada
Bring your US license and your Temporary resident permit and passport

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
Thank you for your response. what is temporary residence record? i dont have one. i just have my usa license, usa passport (without stamp, they didnt stamp my passport at the boarder)

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Ponga said:
I didn't think that immigration status was even questioned in Ontario.
To drive in ontario? Definitely need immigration status! Thats why you need to present your TRV

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April Fajardo said:
To drive in ontario? Definitely need immigration status! Thats why you need to present your TRV
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t179207.0.html;msg3521190#msg3521190

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
try this site: http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Getting-and-Ontario-Driver's-Licence.aspx

it has all the information. you will definitely need valid ID and a proof of address.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
try this site: http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/licencing/Pages/Getting-and-Ontario-Driver's-Licence.aspx

it has all the information. you will definitely need valid ID and a proof of address.
Passport - Foreign

This is acceptable ID.

Hollianni

Sep 13, 2013
Kingston, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
30-05-2014
Carlaganda23 said:
I'm Feb.2014 applicant too and I'm itching to go back to work, jesshhhh.....I'm wasting a year of missing work and no income coming in. I just hope that during Spring Time I am working again and earning money, we have a renovation to do in our house that we just got. I desperately need money to help out my partner, he's been working 80 hours a week these days :(
I know how you feel! My husband is college full time and working full time. Its going to be hard winter waiting for April. I am a Feb app too.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Valid ID, or valid immigration status along with a valid ID?
ID that has your picture, signature and photo (can use multiple IDs for it). immigration status aren't necessary. but i found proof of address to be a bigger pain.

Hollianni

Sep 13, 2013
Kingston, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
30-05-2014
sophieee said:
Since CIC still can't proceed one week of apps in one week, we can prepare some more increase. It's really good that we are getting AIPs, but it takes longer and longer to get one. They need to work faster to decrease the waiting time.
Do you think it has to do with the move? Maybe that caused a backlog?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Hollianni said:
I know how you feel! My husband is college full time and working full time. Its going to be hard winter waiting for April. I am a Feb app too.
Yes,it's very hard for me sitting at home not doing anything. I'm so bored, we just had a dog, so atleast I have a company in the house all the time. My dog keeps me sane.

I was like a prisoner in our house...jesshhh...this long process is driving me nuts.