+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Zemphir, I would not put a date on your PR application of an extension you do not yet have. I don't know but it might be considered misrepresentation if you did. I think I would write a letter letting CIC know that you have applied for the visitor extension and also include a copy of your receipt that you paid for the extension, that way they know you are in the process of extending your status, this could be included with your PR app. My extension took only a couple weeks but I ended up being handed mine when I came back into Canada from a two week trip to get the last things we needed for my PR app and to see family. I had with me copies of the Visitor Extension application, my marriage license and the letter from my husband about his supporting me. We had sent in the visitor app before I left Canada as we knew my 6 months was up before I was able to leave. Hope this is helpful.

BC_Couple

May 22, 2014
I sent my application in May 26, 2014, and I have already received my AOR (August 8th). I believe CIC is speeding up the inland process. :D

zemphir

Jun 28, 2014
CMLR said:
Zemphir, I would not put a date on your PR application of an extension you do not yet have. I don't know but it might be considered misrepresentation if you did. I think I would write a letter letting CIC know that you have applied for the visitor extension and also include a copy of your receipt that you paid for the extension, that way they know you are in the process of extending your status, this could be included with your PR app. My extension took only a couple weeks but I ended up being handed mine when I came back into Canada from a two week trip to get the last things we needed for my PR app and to see family. I had with me copies of the Visitor Extension application, my marriage license and the letter from my husband about his supporting me. We had sent in the visitor app before I left Canada as we knew my 6 months was up before I was able to leave. Hope this is helpful.
Yes this is all very helpful. I appreciate you explaining the process! :)

Maciej

May 6, 2014
Terrace
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2014
Doc's Request.
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Hi group!!!
I have a question concerning my expiring visitor status, and the fact that I didn't submit my work permit application along with sponsorship application.
Q1:Do I need to extend my visitor status, from my understanding of imm5289,it's ok for me to go out of status while im waiting for application to go thru.????:
"Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor"??
Q2: Which form do I use to apply for work permit along with inland application ?? I read earlier posts mentioning that you can send the work permit app after with the note to add it to inland application??
Q3:Will adding work permit application to sponsorship aplication give the same effect as extending visitor status thru implied status???

I appreciate all the help Im very lost in the jungle of IMMxxxx files.
Good luck everyone.Thanks for help

New2014

Aug 11, 2014
Hi

I am planning to get married to a US citizen and was wondering which option is the quickest and convenient out of following. Because of my job in Canada, I will not be able to go to US for any extended period and both of us want to live together immediately after marriage in canada

Inland:(taking 18 months total) Get married in Canada and file an inland application, we do not have any issues if she will not be able to work
Outland: (taking 15 months) get married in canada or us and file an outland application, will she be able to come and stay with me during the length of application process?

Regards

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long after receiving AOR can you log into E-CAS?

each time I try it displays the "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:" page..

I have tried using my UCI number and Application number and its been around 1 week already..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
New2014 said:
Hi

I am planning to get married to a US citizen and was wondering which option is the quickest and convenient out of following. Because of my job in Canada, I will not be able to go to US for any extended period and both of us want to live together immediately after marriage in canada

Inland:(taking 18 months total) Get married in Canada and file an inland application, we do not have any issues if she will not be able to work
Outland: (taking 15 months) get married in canada or us and file an outland application, will she be able to come and stay with me during the length of application process?

Regards
just an FYI... Outland is NOT currently taking 15 months as posted on the website. Current applicants are getting approved in 3-6 months. I myself was approved in 5. As an outland applicant, your wife can be in canada as a visitor while the application processes, is free to travel back and forth and there is no risk to her application. Also, MOST US applicants have the interview waived. Interviews are only called if there is an issue with the applicant or depedant. If your wife is a US citizen, do NOT apply inland. the processing seems to be stuck on July 2013 applicants with no way of knowing when that will change. I assume US citizens who applied inland are regretting the decision right now. There is NO reason for a us citizen to apply inland right now. I would encourage you to check out the ottawa thread. The spreadsheet that tracks our progress is in my signature, and you can see how much quicker outland actually is.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Yes! Outland is the way to go! If I wasn't pregnant/unable to do meds right away/unable to travel back for possible (unlikely) interview, I would've done outland, as I'm a US citizen. But hey, I'm in this far with the inland process already, so we're just hoping things speed up.

Calling to inquire about CSQ today.

Maciej

May 6, 2014
Terrace
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2014
Doc's Request.
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Hi group!!!
I have a question concerning my expiring visitor status, and the fact that I didn't submit my work permit application along with sponsorship application.
Q1:Do I need to extend my visitor status, from my understanding of imm5289,it's ok for me to go out of status while im waiting for application to go thru.Huh?:
"Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor"??
Q2: Which form do I use to apply for work permit along with inland application ?? I read earlier posts mentioning that you can send the work permit app after with the note to add it to inland application??
Q3:Will adding work permit application to sponsorship aplication give the same effect as extending visitor status thru implied status???

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
If i sent in my medical results AFTER my application, when will CIC confirm receipt of results?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
vik999 said:
Looks like there is difference/discrimination between on the basis of nationality...of the applicant...US citizen and Rest of World...for the pace of application processing???
um no this is not true. there are many other outland visa offices processing applications in the same amount of time as ottawa is. sydney, paris and manila are just a few that have seen changes in processing times recently. UK applicants are getting approved in 7 months. There are still US outland applicants still waiting to get approved from 2013. i'm not sure how my comment suggests there is a discrimination based on nationality? check your facts before you post. this is certainly not true. don't go around making assumptions or getting angry because i am giving legitimate advice to someone so they avoid going through the inland process, which i am guessing you are regretting right now. i would suspect for the most part, if any inland applicant applied outland instead, a majority of them would have already landed, or be close to the end of the process. the fact remains outland is quicker than inland right now. it is not based on discrimination of the applicant.

Yes, the length of an outland application does depend on where the person is from, not because of discriminiation, because of legitimate concerns of Canada. Most Visa exempt applicants have shorter processes than those requiring visas. Why? because in some (not all ) countries where visas are needed to come to canada, there have been a history of applicants marrying citizens in order to obtain residency. Canada doesn't look too fondly on things like that, so yeah a person who does not need a visa is going to have a lower burden of proof in their application than someone who needs a visa. Is that discrimination? Not really, i call that protecting canada and its citizens. Being approved as a PR in canada (or any country) is a priviledge, not a right.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maciej said:
Hi group!!!
Q1:Do I need to extend my visitor status, from my understanding of imm5289,it's ok for me to go out of status while im waiting for application to go thru.Huh?:

A1: Many people seem to think that an Inland application alone, will give them implied status...which is not correct.

As you have read correctly, an applicant does not need to have legal status to apply, but that person can still be removed from Canada by CBSA if they want to start the proceedings. No idea how CBSA determines which out of status applicants are removed, while others are not.

A2: IMM5710 is the form for an Open Work Permit. HOWEVER...if you do not send it WITH your Inland application, you may not be able to send it until you have AIP (~ 12 months away based on the current processing times). You'd need to call CIC and hope that the answer you get is the correct answer.

A3:, Yes, if it was sent with the Inland application.

Elena78

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Please add me to your spreadsheet.
I finally just mailed my application inland to sponsor my husband.
Now the waiting game begins.
I sent my application Saturday, August 9, 2014.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
How long after receiving AOR can you log into E-CAS?

each time I try it displays the "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:" page..

I have tried using my UCI number and Application number and its been around 1 week already..
for me, i waited over a week before i could log in

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
mary63 said:
for me, i waited over a week before i could log in
Did u used Application no or UCI no. Also could applicant check status or sponsor can check too. pls confirm