Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
ACS said:
The call center agent did not tell me to put Unit 555....

Doesn't it say online the unit 555 is just for work permits for which you already have an employer?
CPC Vegreville
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Note: For new employer applications only.

CPC Vegreville
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Note: For extensions with same employer only.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/vegreville.asp

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
civic said:
Are you the same one on FB page or you're someone else? Just want to do headcount and feel even better if there are more than one :)
No civic, I did not post on Facebook. We are different people.

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am sponsoring my hobby (inland application); and after we finally got AIP, immigration is requiring his dependents in Mexico (two children not coming to Canada for now) to provide medical examination. The mother of the kids is refusing to do so. What will happen with his permanent resident application if we can't provide this to immigration. The paper said his application can be refused :(
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks!

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Lisan said:
Hello everyone,
I am sponsoring my hobby (inland application); and after we finally got AIP, immigration is requiring his dependents in Mexico (two children not coming to Canada for now) to provide medical examination. The mother of the kids is refusing to do so. What will happen with his permanent resident application if we can't provide this to immigration. The paper said his application can be refused :(
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks!
I'd pass on all the correspondence with the Mother to CIC, saying she doesn't allow the medical to be performed. Also write a letter of explanation that his kids won't be accompanying him to Canada.

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
Write a letter just like Marylou6 stated...my hubby in a similar situation...its uo to CIC to accept it...but according to our immigration consultant it means your hubby can never bring those kids to Canada later.
Not sure how many women would impact their kids future that way but u never know.

Lisan said:
Hello everyone,
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks!

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Lisan said:
Hello everyone,
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks!
You have to provide proof that she is refusing to allow the kids to provide the medical examination. A friend of mine provided a letter from his 17 year old daugther that she didn't want to come and refused to take the medical. He got refused for non compliance , so be sure to get a signed notarized affidavit from the mother . This is the best document to provide in cases like yours.
The visa officer could accept the letter and not exclude the kids for future sponsorship .

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great suggestion, but it sounds like the mother has no interest in cooperating with the applicant.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Ponga said:
Great suggestion, but it sounds like the mother has no interest in cooperating with the applicant.
So sad that sometimes ex-spouses act out of revenge. Any written communication between the parents could be provided or proof that she has full custody of the kids.

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Hi! I'm back from my 12 days vacation for my brother's wedding in the US. I'm back which means I didn't get rejected to enter the country but there were problems.

Since I had implied status before I left, when I went through American custom, the officer said I over stayed since my Visitor Record was expired. I had to go to the back room and wait a bit to talk to another officer. I think he called Canadian immigration and he asked me few questions: are you working, are you intend to work, do you intend to live in Canada etc. He let me through after he spoke with Canadian immigration and it was all okay.

Returning was a lot friendlier than American officers. My husband came with me to the foreign custom with me. Again the officer spoke to me about the expired status and I had to go to the backroom. I had all the documents with me including expired visas... he basically gave me 6 months Visitor record and he said just in case I didn't get PR (I'm September applicant) by May, I should keep extending my Visitor record.

Overall, it was so scary but it was okay :)

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
PRsoon said:
It is finally my turn to bring the good news! I am extremely happy to say that I received my AIP today!!! The letter says that my work permit is on its way.

Unfortunately I did not get the decision made because my application is missing one of the three police certificates requested for applicants from my country.

Stay strong guys! Your turn is going to come soon!!!
Congratulations! Let us know when you get your OWP! I hope it is soon.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
PRsoon said:
It is finally my turn to bring the good news! I am extremely happy to say that I received my AIP today!!! The letter says that my work permit is on its way.

Unfortunately I did not get the decision made because my application is missing one of the three police certificates requested for applicants from my country.

Stay strong guys! Your turn is going to come soon!!!
congratulations PRsoon,

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
greg10 said:
I'm so excited to hear from you frenchwapiti!!! Did you receive your AIP already?
hello greg10, no I am still waiting. seems my file is till stuck somewhere in the CIC djungle :)
I 'll post it as soon as it arrives. ;)

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
canadianyogini said:
Hi! I'm back from my 12 days vacation for my brother's wedding in the US. I'm back which means I didn't get rejected to enter the country but there were problems.

Since I had implied status before I left, when I went through American custom, the officer said I over stayed since my Visitor Record was expired. I had to go to the back room and wait a bit to talk to another officer. I think he called Canadian immigration and he asked me few questions: are you working, are you intend to work, do you intend to live in Canada etc. He let me through after he spoke with Canadian immigration and it was all okay.

Returning was a lot friendlier than American officers. My husband came with me to the foreign custom with me. Again the officer spoke to me about the expired status and I had to go to the backroom. I had all the documents with me including expired visas... he basically gave me 6 months Visitor record and he said just in case I didn't get PR (I'm September applicant) by May, I should keep extending my Visitor record.

Overall, it was so scary but it was okay :)
Hi! Welcome back!! Good to hear you didn't have any big trouble at the border but I can imagine that it is scary. So you had an expired visitors visa?

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
3september2013 said:
Hi! Welcome back!! Good to hear you didn't have any big trouble at the border but I can imagine that it is scary. So you had an expired visitors visa?
Yup I had expired visitor record. I phoned CIC and they said I don't need to renew it since I applied for Open Work Permit. But it's bit risky to go out and get in with implied status. I'm from Visa exempted country so they just reissued visitor record. (I used the term 'visitor visa' and they said don't call that way because I don't need 'visa' to enter Canada. Slightly confusing :(