+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
bankerguy said:
it's been a really rough evening.

I'm sponsoring my common-law partner... she's on a post grad work permit, it expires late November this year. Our app was received Sept 18th last year.

She's very very upset and not sure what to do. She is scared that if she continues to work after her PGWP expires, then she'll be breaking the law and they'll kick her out of the country.

The CIC rep said that she is covered under implied status but those reps are not 100% right all of the time.

She has an incredible job as a special education teacher that pays well and is a hard job to get... she's leaning towards quitting the job once her pgwp expires and getting some cash under the table type job ..... she's scared and sad and there isnt much i can do to help her..

Since we applied sept 18th, maybe by mid Dec or January they'll process her app / owp ??? i dunno... its only a few months ...but she's scaredd they wont be able to hold the job for her during those few months ....

I *censored word*ing hate the CIC... this is a 1st world country..one of the most livable countries in the world. How can they treat me like this??? i was born and raised in Canada. I went to university here, i work here i pay a crap load of taxes here... I paid more than 1000 for a service and they are NOT providing me with what i paid for. This affects me too.

I am disappointed with the government.
can she switch to regular work permit ??/ if that school can sign contract with her ~ then she try to apply it maybe will work out ?

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
I completely understand how you feel and what your common-law partner must be going through right now.
We are all frustrated by this long process and being put in the dark from what's really happening at CIC.

If you are comfortable that your relationship is genuine and your application is concrete (has all the proofs they asked for), then you shouldn't really worry about your partner losing her job in November thanks to the implied status. Plus, your application was received in mid September, so there is still a good chance that she will get her work permit before November. Once the busy season (summer) is over, I am positive that things will pick up. It can't be any worse than what's happening right now.

As I mentioned few days ago, since February, my wife has been asking me EVERY single day how things are going in this forum, if anyone got his/her AIP, when she will be able to start working and live like a normal person. I am getting a little tired of trying to comfort her every time this subject comes up, but I understand that this situation is even harder for her, so I don't get upset with her.

One day, this long wait will be finally over. When it's over, we will look back and be proud that we made it and went through the difficult time together. But one thing I won't forget is how this government and country made us suffer for this. I am just one little citizen but I will try my best to make my experience known to them somehow. I will figure it out later.

bankerguy said:

I'm sponsoring my common-law partner... she's on a post grad work permit, it expires late November this year. Our app was received Sept 18th last year.

She's very very upset and not sure what to do. She is scared that if she continues to work after her PGWP expires, then she'll be breaking the law and they'll kick her out of the country.

The CIC rep said that she is covered under implied status but those reps are not 100% right all of the time.

She has an incredible job as a special education teacher that pays well and is a hard job to get... she's leaning towards quitting the job once her pgwp expires and getting some cash under the table type job ..... she's scared and sad and there isnt much i can do to help her..

Since we applied sept 18th, maybe by mid Dec or January they'll process her app / owp ??? i dunno... its only a few months ...but she's scaredd they wont be able to hold the job for her during those few months ....

I *censored word*ing hate the CIC... this is a 1st world country..one of the most livable countries in the world. How can they treat me like this??? i was born and raised in Canada. I went to university here, i work here i pay a crap load of taxes here... I paid more than 1000 for a service and they are NOT providing me with what i paid for. This affects me too.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
JohnnyP said:
I completely understand how you feel and what your common-law partner must be going through right now.
We are all frustrated by this long process and being put in the dark from what's really happening at CIC.

If you are comfortable that your relationship is genuine and your application is concrete (has all the proofs they asked for), then you shouldn't really worry about your partner losing her job in November thanks to the implied status. Plus, your application was received in mid September, so there is still a good chance that she will get her work permit before November. Once the busy season (summer) is over, I am positive that things will pick up. It can't be any worse than what's happening right now.

As I mentioned few days ago, since February, my wife has been asking me EVERY single day how things are going in this forum, if anyone got his/her AIP, when she will be able to start working and live like a normal person. I am getting a little tired of trying to comfort her every time this subject comes up, but I understand that this situation is even harder for her, so I don't get upset with her.

One day, this long wait will be finally over. When it's over, we will look back and be proud that we made it and went through the difficult time together. But one thing I won't forget is how this government and country made us suffer for this. I am just one little citizen but I will try my best to make my experience known to them somehow. I will figure it out later.
Thanks... I hope you're right ...that one day this long wait will be over.
Once i'm done this whole thing...i wont forget this forum. I literally check this forum every day, like sometimes 4 or 5 times a day from my office at work. Even once she gets PR, i'm going to come on here and share what ive learned to help others.

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
I AM TOTALLY SICK AND TIRED OF THIS WAITING GAME :mad: :mad: ???This is to much, emotional, financial, mental torture for all of us :mad:

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Ponga said:
Perhaps you should remind her that continuing to work with her PGWP MAY be a problem, but working `under the table' WILL be a problem, since that is CLEARLY working illegally. At least with the PGWP, she has some valid reasons for continuing!!
I hear what you're saying.....but i meant that she could be the nanny for my brothers baby..he's paying someone 1200 a month to watch his kid, she could do that.... but the problem is that they probably wont hold her job at her school

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
They always say this, some say call back in a month others in 2 weeks if you haven't heard anything. They are clueless, they don't even care when you applied they have the same answer to everyone.. they know what we know... which is ridiculous, because they were suppose to be our window to the process, or complaint line, and info line. Every day I come to this forum and no one received AIP, drives me crazy they are not even trying to speed up inland.
That has been my pattern as well. One call centre agent will say 2 weeks, then 2 weeks later the next will say 1 month!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
bankerguy said:

My 2 cents, for what it’s worth, see if you can get 1 or even better 2 CIC agents to send a written confirmation to her by email that she is ok to continue to work under implied status. Then on the tiny chance they might have an issue with it (and in all honesty, they really shouldn’t – but of course you want to cover your bases) she has the written reason she continued to work. She may want this to show her employer. A much better option than working under the table. CIC might look closer if they see she just stopped working, and wonder where she continued to get income from, which would have WAYYY worse results. No way to back it up if she is working under the table. MUCH worse chance to get in trouble working under the table (no matter who its for) than to continue to work, especially if you get a written confirmation from CIC.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have continued working on Implied Status since January 2014 when my old visa ended and when I sent my application out....

My employers have been fine with it but they ask me every now and again how long its taking..

I have heard NOTHING from the CIC yet so I am still going to continue to work... The whole Implied Status is a loophole which a lot of people are working.

To be honest, if they even try and take me down or deport me or If I get in any sort of trouble for working my Lawyer is there to help, and in the court of Law there is NOTHING clear about Implied Status so I would end up winning and its a legal loophole to use anyway so there wouldn't be any issues.

As far as I'm concerned I don't mind being used as a Implied Status Guinea pig to see if its possible to get my Visa out of all of this but I am trying still....

Its a complete sick ridiculous joke that your common-law Partner has to support you on their own throughout this whole process, the processing times are increasing so what do they expect at the end of the day....

Just sit back and wait I guess

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have continued working on Implied Status since January 2014 when my old visa ended and when I sent my application out....

My employers have been fine with it but they ask me every now and again how long its taking..

I have heard NOTHING from the CIC yet so I am still going to continue to work... The whole Implied Status is a loophole which a lot of people are working.

To be honest, if they even try and take me down or deport me or If I get in any sort of trouble for working my Lawyer is there to help, and in the court of Law there is NOTHING clear about Implied Status so I would end up winning and its a legal loophole to use anyway so there wouldn't be any issues.

As far as I'm concerned I don't mind being used as a Implied Status Guinea pig to see if its possible to get my Visa out of all of this but I am trying still....

Its a complete sick ridiculous joke that your common-law Partner has to support you on their own throughout this whole process, the processing times are increasing so what do they expect at the end of the day....

Just sit back and wait I guess
I still take it that you haven't gotten a response from CIC on your RESTORATION of status application yet.

Screech339

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
I hear what you're saying.....but i meant that she could be the nanny for my brothers baby..he's paying someone 1200 a month to watch his kid, she could do that.... but the problem is that they probably wont hold her job at her school
And THAT would be working illegally, because she would be taking the job away from someone that is doing that job. Even if that person is not authorized to work in Canada!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bankerguy said:
Would her employer be willing to do the LMO process with her? If she is that valuable they might very well consider it and it could be started a couple months before her PGWP expires. That should give CIC time to either get her OWP to her, or for them to receive the LMO information, in either case, keep her working. She can't do the babysitting job because she would be 'displacing' another employee and taking their job. That is a definite no no and an outright definition for 'under the table' working. You wouldn't want her to suddenly be excluded from Canada after all the work you've put into this and she obviously has put in between her marriage with you and her schooling.

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
We should definitely raise our voices! And we should find an ally, maybe The Toronto Star.

Canadian citizens have the human right of having a spouse of any nationality come live with them without the hassle of this process, but the government seems not to agree, they try punishing their love first; if it endures, they might even take a look at your file and decide in a couple of minutes if you stay.

How come that making up a story to apply for refugee protection is a lot easier?? The government is benevolent with them regardless of the authenticity of their claims (I've met many which I doubt); I think they get health insurance and even receive something like $600 a month from the beginning of the process.

Family sponsorship is the most despised of all immigration classes. Such a humanitarian country, right? But if you had $40,000 ready to deposit for a few years in the government account, they'd give you the residency in a few weeks...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I still take it that you haven't gotten a response from CIC on your RESTORATION of status application yet.
Screech339
Jamesdavid3 said:
why bother
This is just a suggestion, as with every other question you have asked and others have answered to; You have been told what could happen and what is likely to happen and you still continue to ignore it all and just go with it. Well, by all means, continue to just 'go' with it, but be clear about what you are going with so others can choose a path that is for correct for them.

You said you are working on implied status. You are not working on implied status since your application was returned in it's entirety after your previous work permit expired.