+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
Weird, we thought CIC was closed for the holidays (plus my application was originally received on February 11 2012).

Then a few minutes ago my wife received an e-mail that started like this:

"This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of <X> and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.

Your sponsorship agreement is a formal agreement between you and your family member. As a sponsor you have made a commitment to provide for the lodging, care and support of your family member in the event that they are unable or unwilling to support themselves.
"

That's the end of the AIP stage, correct? But the text is different if there's also DM to go with it? Also, does anyone know how long it takes after it for actual paperwork to arrive?

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Ariandel said:
Weird, we thought CIC was closed for the holidays.

"This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of <X> and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly.

Your sponsorship agreement is a formal agreement between you and your family member. As a sponsor you have made a commitment to provide for the lodging, care and support of your family member in the event that they are unable or unwilling to support themselves.
"

That's the end of the AIP stage, correct? But the text is different if there's also DM to go with it? Also, does anyone know how long it takes after it for actual paperwork to arrive?
Congrats!!! That's AIP, your partner should get an email saying you got AIP and they can apply for for OWP if they haven't already.

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
BobbyJo said:
Happy holidays everyone! My hubby and I just returned last night from a Caribbean cruise and I'm happy to say that he made it through immigration at Pearson airport without any problems. When we booked the cruise in July we actually thought that we would have received AIP by now (app sent in April). Strangely, the agent said that there is nothing in the system to show that an application for PR was filed, however they did have documentation that his visitor's visa had been renewed recently. My hubby showed the agent the email from CIC confirming our application, the receipt for the fees paid and the GCMS notes and he was cleared. What a relief! Hopefully this will be the last time that we have to go through this experience.

We have travelled several times while my husband was here on a visitor's visa (from the US) and he had been hassled every time. This was the first time that we travelled since filing the sponsorship application. In the past they had revoked his visitor's visa and given him 30 days to leave the country. In each case we would file for a renewal of his visitor's visa the next day, which would give him implied status and he has never had to leave.

A couple of years ago he drove to the US to visit his mother who was ill at the time. When he tried to return to Canada a couple of days later he was denied entry. He called me in tears not knowing what to do. The border agent told him that he had to prove that he had a job and a residence in the US before he would be allowed back in. Well, he left his high-paying job and sold his house to live here with me! I told him to go to another border crossing and speak to another agent. He did and the agent actually called me to verify his story and he was granted entry.

I know that each time we took a chance leaving the country, however we refuse to allow this process to put our lives on hold. Thank goodness it's almost over.

Wishing you all the best for a happy, blessed new year. May all your dreams come true!
That's wonderful to hear! My hubby and I have been putting all travel plans out of the country on hold and it has been terrible. Finding places to travel to in Canada have not been as exciting. But hopefully, it will all change soon and CIC will speed up the process! :)

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
UKZippy said:
Hi all,

A slight hiccup with my application.....the medical! Police check was fine and cic have it.
The day before I was supposed to have a medical the ice storm hit Toronto. Massive power outages etc. Some still don't have power 8 days on!!!

And you guessed, the doctors office I was supposed to go to was closed. All I got was a voice mail message. No call from them to re-book...nothing! So after franticlly calling round all the Panel Doctors in Toronto I finally found one that was open. Medical was booked but it is for Jan 7th. CIC want the results by Jan 15th. ??? It takes 4-6 weeks to process the results...grrrrrrr.

Quick call to CIC, they've said to write to vegraville and ask for an extension, but it's up to them to grant it or not!!!!

Fingers crossed :-X

I would hope they would see the extream situation that occoured and grant it, especially as they have been on strike and messed us all up.
That is awful. I totally feel your pain, we have two panel doctors here in Winnipeg, and with the holidays season, both are not operating till next week. So, just keeping my fingers crossed that they will have openings fast! Or I may need to drive out of town for it.

Hope your situation clears up fast and may Toronto regain their power soon.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Ariandel said:
Weird, we thought CIC was closed for the holidays (plus my application was originally received on February 11 2012).

"

congrats on your aip .I think that the only holiday cic gets this week is on Wednesday jan 1st new years . so hopefully there should be four days of aip and dm for us . fingers crossed Line.a you shuld refresh you email every hour you are next on the list. ;D ;D

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
After one gets an email notice for AIP and OWP, approximately how long does it take them to receive the paper in mail..........

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
applied4PR said:
After one gets an email notice for AIP and OWP, approximately how long does it take them to receive the paper in mail..........
It depends on where you live and also depends on how Canada Post is busy. In my case, I received my OWP after 1 week of my AIP.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Tomorisu said:
It depends on where you live and also depends on how Canada Post is busy. In my case, I received my OWP after 1 week of my AIP.
Agree, it should be about a week in the post (snail mail) or two max I would say.

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Ariandel said:

"

Congrats!!! Was it feb 2012 or 2013?

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
WOW this is getting exciting agian, What a relief that CIC is back to work again and all positive news coming in for the new year. I am happy that 2013 is coming to an end, I am feeling very positive for 2014. I cant wait to make plans to begin working and living again ;D Im still an april applicant but hopefully that means AIP in Jan or Feb.. guess I should try not to get too excited. So happy for everyone receiving AIP, congratulations everyone.

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
Err, 2013, sorry. :)

A few minutes after my wife (and sponsor) got the e-mail about her being accepted as my sponsor I got my own e-mail about the OWP being accepted. So that's good. I was kinda hoping for everything coming in at once so I could visit home but at least I'll be able to get health insurance and start working once I get the paperwork in the mail.

So for the purposes of the spreadsheet my information should be:

Application received: Feb 11 2013
AIP+OWP: Dec 30, 2013

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&amp;DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Ariandel said:
Err, 2013, sorry. :)

A few minutes after my wife (and sponsor) got the e-mail about her being accepted as my sponsor I got my own e-mail about the OWP being accepted. So that's good. I was kinda hoping for everything coming in at once so I could visit home but at least I'll be able to get health insurance and start working once I get the paperwork in the mail.

So for the purposes of the spreadsheet my information should be:

Application received: Feb 11 2013
AIP+OWP: Dec 30, 2013
Congrats for getting AIP :) Did you send in PCC and medicals with your app.? Also, what is your AOR date?
Thanks
Guri

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
Oh, I thought that was AoR.

From the site:

We received your application to sponsor <X> on February 11, 2013.

We started processing your application on February 26, 2013.

And yes, we sent in medicals and police certificates with the original application.

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
What a way to start the New Year!!!! Just opened my email and a letter attached to it: AIP/OWP/DM approved just waiting for my landing appointment!!!! OMG!!! Sooooo happpppy!!! My common law is sleeping and I can't contain myself to call my mom in the Philippines telling this GOOD NEWS! I wish for the inlanders for the same good news.. Line.a and Xenocat your application approval next!!!!