Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
do any of you guys know if cic have a holiday on Monday?

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
Hello everyone I am Julio i applied Sep 16 2013 I'm from Venezuela, living in Hamilton, well i will be here as you guys waiting and helping if i can ! ;D

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
folks-g said:
do any of you guys know if cic have a holiday on Monday?
I think so. Next Monday is 'Remembrance Day'. I think all Federal organisations are closed.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*Posted this in a new thread in the forum, but thought it might be a better fit in this thread*

Hi,
Has anyone had their Inland application returned, as incomplete, for not doing an up-front medical and PCC?

For those that delayed their PCC and medical...
I'm curious to know how long after submitting your application package, did you send your PCC and have your medical exam? Or, did you just wait until CIC requested them?

My thoughts are to send them in at the ~9 month mark (~ 2 months before estimated AIP). I would request my FBI PCC @ 7 months and hope the `math' works out...I guess. Smiley

I know that the instructions indicate that the application must be complete, but with the processing time being 11 months for stage 1, it seems that
[CIC] understands the logic for sending this information at a later date.

Thanks,

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Ponga said:
*Posted this in a new thread in the forum, but thought it might be a better fit in this thread*

Hi,
Has anyone had their Inland application returned, as incomplete, for not doing an up-front medical and PCC?

For those that delayed their PCC and medical...
I'm curious to know how long after submitting your application package, did you send your PCC and have your medical exam? Or, did you just wait until CIC requested them?

My thoughts are to send them in at the ~9 month mark (~ 2 months before estimated AIP). I would request my FBI PCC @ 7 months and hope the `math' works out...I guess. Smiley

I know that the instructions indicate that the application must be complete, but with the processing time being 11 months for stage 1, it seems that
[CIC] understands the logic for sending this information at a later date.

Thanks,
I sent my app without proof of medical and police certificate (it wasn't some strategic plan...I was stupid and somehow missed that I needed them!). My app was not returned. I did my exam (like an "up front exam," despite having already submitted my app, which caused some confusion at the doc's office) and police certificate a little over 6 months after submitting the app (before CIC asked for them). I was advised NOT to do so by a CIC call centre representative, but I decided to do them anyhow. You are at some risk of not having your medical and/or police certificate matched up correctly with your file. I already had my UCI, because I'm in Québec, and both my sponsor and I received our UCIs in the CIC request for CSQ.

If I had it to do over again, I certainly wouldn't purposely omit any necessary paperwork. I would include them with my app and hope for the best. Everything worked out well for me. We got lucky, and we got AIP and DM after 10 months and one week. However, in hindsight, I would definitely save myself a TON of stress and worry and just put the app together correctly the first time.

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
So I called CIC this morning to inquire about my application (which was received on January 7th, 2013). Got a really nice officer. I asked him if he could tell me whether my file had been 'opened' yet or not, and he said no (sigh). He said he was shocked to see it wasn't. He also said that this should have been done within 28 days of AOR. I almost had a heart attack, but he was super nice and said he was going to send a message to the office in Vegreville about my file and to ask to 'expedite' that for me... whatever 'expedite' means for a CIC officer! hahaha.

He also said he was going to write a note on my file for the next office I'd speak with in the future to know what he did, and also asked me to call back again in a month and to check that they've done what he's requested them to do.

I am so glad I called today, though last time I spoke with a CIC agent (on the 6th moth mark after my application was sent), the officer I spoke with then never mentioned any of that :( anyway... I am glad this guy was there to speak with me today and hope he's helped to rush things for me... at least to have my file opened for goodness sake!

So... even though I'm on the first ones of January applicants, I may not get an answer in a while? or maybe I will? I am still not sure what to make of today's call. Just felt so disappointed to hear they hadn't even determined whether I am a candidate or not (which according to this officer, is the first time they do).

Ahhhhhhhh...

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Frignanij said:
Hello everyone I am Julio i applied Sep 16 2013 I'm from Venezuela, living in Hamilton, well i will be here as you guys waiting and helping if i can ! ;D
Bienvenido Julio, I'm from Venezuela as well. You're the 3rd Venezuelan in this thread.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
I sent my app without proof of medical and police certificate (it wasn't some strategic plan...I was stupid and somehow missed that I needed them!). My app was not returned. I did my exam (like an "up front exam," despite having already submitted my app, which caused some confusion at the doc's office) and police certificate a little over 6 months after submitting the app (before CIC asked for them). I was advised NOT to do so by a CIC call centre representative, but I decided to do them anyhow. You are at some risk of not having your medical and/or police certificate matched up correctly with your file. I already had my UCI, because I'm in Québec, and both my sponsor and I received our UCIs in the CIC request for CSQ.

If I had it to do over again, I certainly wouldn't purposely omit any necessary paperwork. I would include them with my app and hope for the best. Everything worked out well for me. We got lucky, and we got AIP and DM after 10 months and one week. However, in hindsight, I would definitely save myself a TON of stress and worry and just put the app together correctly the first time.
Thank you for your reply.

As if I wasn't `overwhelmed' already, this issue is really difficult for me to address. I can probably make an appointment for my medical (likely within the next 7-10 days) but waiting for the FBI PCC would likely mean another 6 weeks (+/-) before I can send my complete application package. I'm hoping that by including a note acknowledging that I am purposely not including the aforementioned, as they would likely be deemed expired before my application is processed, would be of some value to the IO handling my case.

I guess it boils down to how `lucky' I feel. The `responsible' side of me says to wait until I have both of these items available to include, while my `impatient' self, screams to me to just send it ASAP and hope that they get them when needed/requested.

*sigh*

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
PaoladeCano said:
So I called CIC this morning to inquire about my application (which was received on January 7th, 2013). Got a really nice officer. I asked him if he could tell me whether my file had been 'opened' yet or not, and he said no (sigh). He said he was shocked to see it wasn't. He also said that this should have been done within 28 days of AOR. I almost had a heart attack, but he was super nice and said he was going to send a message to the office in Vegreville about my file and to ask to 'expedite' that for me... whatever 'expedite' means for a CIC officer! hahaha.

He also said he was going to write a note on my file for the next office I'd speak with in the future to know what he did, and also asked me to call back again in a month and to check that they've done what he's requested them to do.

I am so glad I called today, though last time I spoke with a CIC agent (on the 6th moth mark after my application was sent), the officer I spoke with then never mentioned any of that :( anyway... I am glad this guy was there to speak with me today and hope he's helped to rush things for me... at least to have my file opened for goodness sake!

So... even though I'm on the first ones of January applicants, I may not get an answer in a while? or maybe I will? I am still not sure what to make of today's call. Just felt so disappointed to hear they hadn't even determined whether I am a candidate or not (which according to this officer, is the first time they do).

Ahhhhhhhh...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears you sent your application Inland? If this is the case, the rep you spoke with today paid absolutely no attention to anything you said and did the first thing that came to mind. Gave you false assurance. Why would I say this? Well, because once you receive an AOR you will not likely hear ANYTHING about first stage before 11 months time ... The only time you will get a 1st stage response that quickly is if you filed an out land application, which goes against the fact you noted Vegreville as your VO because they are ONLY inland ... Anyway, do not expect some miracle to happen in a couple of days.

On the flip side of this statement, they are cruising through the Dec 2012 applications with a vengeance, so you very well might hear something regarding first stage soonish.

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Alurra71 said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears you sent your application Inland? If this is the case, the rep you spoke with today paid absolutely no attention to anything you said and did the first thing that came to mind. Gave you false assurance. Why would I say this? Well, because once you receive an AOR you will not likely hear ANYTHING about first stage before 11 months time ... The only time you will get a 1st stage response that quickly is if you filed an out land application, which goes against the fact you noted Vegreville as your VO because they are ONLY inland ... Anyway, do not expect some miracle to happen in a couple of days.

On the flip side of this statement, they are cruising through the Dec 2012 applications with a vengeance, so you very well might hear something regarding first stage soonish.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. The website and other immigration officers have mentioned to me before that the 1st stage takes from 11-20-something months to process. What was interesting was that the first half of the conversation with this officer were about my husband's visitor visa, so he knew pretty well that I applied inland and such. Yet, he said that so at this point I am thinking hey, any kind of notes or reminders that they write on my file can't hurt. I can only continue to wait and see what happens.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Ponga said:
Thank you for your reply.

As if I wasn't `overwhelmed' already, this issue is really difficult for me to address. I can probably make an appointment for my medical (likely within the next 7-10 days) but waiting for the FBI PCC would likely mean another 6 weeks (+/-) before I can send my complete application package. I'm hoping that by including a note acknowledging that I am purposely not including the aforementioned, as they would likely be deemed expired before my application is processed, would be of some value to the IO handling my case.

I guess it boils down to how `lucky' I feel. The `responsible' side of me says to wait until I have both of these items available to include, while my `impatient' self, screams to me to just send it ASAP and hope that they get them when needed/requested.

*sigh*
Yeah, it's a tough call. :-/ I got very lucky. Everything got matched up correctly, and we ended up ahead of the timeline by quite a bit. But CIC is so inconsistent that you can't really predict what they will do.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
QuebecOkie said:
Yeah, it's a tough call. :-/ I got very lucky. Everything got matched up correctly, and we ended up ahead of the timeline by quite a bit. But CIC is so inconsistent that you can't really predict what they will do.
\
Awww, c'mon QO, if anything, CIC is perfectly consistent at BEING inconsistent! LOL

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Cirene said:
HAHAHAHA that's hilarious!!! I wish it was me, but getting AIP and DM at the same time it's a dream come true :D.. Soon Jellyfishy it will be us posting something like that and dancing and celebrating :D
My husband and I both got AIP and DMs on the spot same day of our interview and he even got his OWP on the spot. 3 days after they sent us a letter asking for his FBI Certificate from the States and we are just in the waiting period of receiving that back from the States I just hope they send us his FBI cert soon so he can get his PR. they extended his medicals too... we waited 20 months to hear this good news on OCT 21st. I hope he gets his PR with our new baby boy coming to the world in January :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
samwu said:
I got AIP on sept.30
how long it takes to stage 2
I was told by the CIC that it takes no more than 6 months even though it says 8 months on the website but max time they do take if they have to is 6 months and if everything is clear and fine with your docs they take 3 months and send you a landing interview. so All the best. that is all my husband and I are waiting for too :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Alurra71 said:
\
Awww, c'mon QO, if anything, CIC is perfectly consistent at BEING inconsistent! LOL
Oh, yes, A71, I've long said the ONLY thing CIC is consistent about is being inconsistent! Great minds and all. ;)