Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
i am seriously still not certain if we need to restore my status. since the last visitor record ran out on september 9th you get 90 days, right? but does the OWP give me implied status so we won't need to apply to restore it?!

also we only managed to get the inland app and OWP in and was received a couple days after my IEC visa ran out.

did extend my stay as a visitor online the night before my IEC visa ran out and got an immediate confirmation, but the actual visitor record didn't come in the mail until a couple months later! so confused :(

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Line.a said:
i am seriously still not certain if we need to restore my status. since the last visitor record ran out on september 9th you get 90 days, right? but does the OWP give me implied status so we won't need to apply to restore it?!

also we only managed to get the inland app and OWP in and was received a couple days after my IEC visa ran out.

did extend my stay as a visitor online the night before my IEC visa ran out and got an immediate confirmation, but the actual visitor record didn't come in the mail until a couple months later! so confused :(
Line.a you don't need to worry about it, you submitted the OWP with your application and you are in implied status, if something was wrong, you or your husband would had heard from them already.

You said you extended your visitor and when that visitor expires you will be in implied status again. Remember I did the same and I'm holding a visitor visa until the end of December and after that I'll be consider to have implied status.

You're early February, can't wait to hear you got AIP and OWP :D

Right now it's very hard on us but in November 2014 we all be laughing about this and will be a far memory! We will meet again when we apply for Citizenship hahaha..

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
You are so right, Cirene!

We certainly can't wait to be out of this crazy period of time, to feel the freedom and do what every normal person should - live life to the fullest! :)

The problem i see is that we only JUST managed to receive an email confirmation that they received the visitor extension i applied for seperately from the OWP and inland app - all were applied and sent off the day before my IEC visa ran out, and i am certain i read somewhere that we had to do it being in status if you get what i mean! so i'm not sure if they expect us to restore my stay.. but like you said, on the other hand, we would have heard from them a long time ago i guess! :)

haha i keep checking emails and mail boxes at least a dozen times a day now :p

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Line.a said:
You are so right, Cirene!

We certainly can't wait to be out of this crazy period of time, to feel the freedom and do what every normal person should - live life to the fullest! :)

The problem i see is that we only JUST managed to receive an email confirmation that they received the visitor extension i applied for seperately from the OWP and inland app - all were applied and sent off the day before my IEC visa ran out, and i am certain i read somewhere that we had to do it being in status if you get what i mean! so i'm not sure if they expect us to restore my stay.. but like you said, on the other hand, we would have heard from them a long time ago i guess! :)

haha i keep checking emails and mail boxes at least a dozen times a day now :p
It's ok, I see what you mean, the first time I applied to extend my TRV (visitors visa) I applied (SNAIL MAIL) a day before it expired, when they got it in CPCV I was out of status for like 5 days and they approved and sent me the extension (I had no problem).

You are right, the page says 90 days before your status expires but I didn't follow that rule (twice) and I was just fine.

If you get a letter from CIC saying something like " Your application to extend your temporary status has been denied. You must leave Canada by the end "DATE".. when you get that it's when you apply for a restoration!

But you said you applied for an extension and you got it in the mail (a couple months later but you got it) and far from that you applied OWP WAAAAY before all these, so you are fine.

Haha I hear you, before all these I used to ask my husband (as he came back from work) how was your day at the office?! Now, as soon as he comes home all I can ask is: "So, anything from CIC? Did you check your email's?? haha I'm going crazy!

fredou

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Hi.

Please add me to the timesheet.

My dates are:
app received 2/14
in process 2/28
CSQ 3/14

meds/police and owp sent with app

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Cirene said:
You are right, the page says 90 days before your status expires but I didn't follow that rule (twice) and I was just fine.
The CIC website can say anything (and it does) but it is the IRPA (laws) and IRPR (regulations) that control. The regulations clearly state that as long as the application is received prior to expiration of existing status you remain in status until a decision is made.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-77.html

R186 "A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit"

"(u) until a decision is made on an application made by them under subsection 201(1), if they have remained in Canada after the expiry of their work permit and they have continued to comply with the conditions set out on the expired work permit, other than the expiry date."

R189 "A foreign national who has made an application under subsection 217(1) is authorized to study without a study permit until a decision is made on the application if they have remained in Canada since the expiry of their study permit and continue to comply with the conditions, other than the expiry date, set out on the expired study permit."

R183 "(5) If a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until"

These are the regulatory basis of "implied status". Note they all say you just have to apply prior to expiration of your current status to obtain implied consent.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
computergeek said:
The CIC website can say anything (and it does) but it is the IRPA (laws) and IRPR (regulations) that control. The regulations clearly state that as long as the application is received prior to expiration of existing status you remain in status until a decision is made.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-77.html

R186 "A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit"

"(u) until a decision is made on an application made by them under subsection 201(1), if they have remained in Canada after the expiry of their work permit and they have continued to comply with the conditions set out on the expired work permit, other than the expiry date."

R189 "A foreign national who has made an application under subsection 217(1) is authorized to study without a study permit until a decision is made on the application if they have remained in Canada since the expiry of their study permit and continue to comply with the conditions, other than the expiry date, set out on the expired study permit."

R183 "(5) If a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until"

These are the regulatory basis of "implied status". Note they all say you just have to apply prior to expiration of your current status to obtain implied consent.
Thank you so much for this computergeek :D. Line.a was worried about it but according to this she should be fine! She applied before her status expired.

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cirene said:
The first person is JAIMEB who already got AIP :D (but he applied in November 2012)

Allydx applied in January so I'm pretty sure we will hear from Allydx soon.

And UKZippy got AIP and Dawlex got AIP and DM

This is the spreadsheet if you want to take a look :D Soon enough that list will be full with AIPs, DMs, LANDING DATES :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0
I sent my application on Jan 2nd, was received on January 27 (that is when I got the confirmation email). Gosh I really hope my hubby and I get some good news soon!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
PaoladeCano said:
I sent my application on Jan 2nd, was received on January 27 (that is when I got the confirmation email). Gosh I really hope my hubby and I get some good news soon!
And you will PaoladeCano :D You are one of the first in the list :D This is getting very exciting :D

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
folks-g said:
jan 2013 applicants will be getting good news before it actually shows on cic website. According to them they are working on apps received on November 27th however December 20th applicants are getting good news so in reality they only have 11 more days worth of 2012 apps then its on to jan.
Wow! Can't wait for the good news! I am also a January applicant ;D

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Cirene said:
Line.a you don't need to worry about it, you submitted the OWP with your application and you are in implied status, if something was wrong, you or your husband would had heard from them already.

You said you extended your visitor and when that visitor expires you will be in implied status again. Remember I did the same and I'm holding a visitor visa until the end of December and after that I'll be consider to have implied status.

You're early February, can't wait to hear you got AIP and OWP :D

Right now it's very hard on us but in November 2014 we all be laughing about this and will be a far memory! We will meet again when we apply for Citizenship hahaha..

You are so right, Cirene! Can't wait for all of these to be over ;)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
sweetpea22 said:
You are so right, Cirene! Can't wait for all of these to be over ;)
Yeah, time goes by and soon enough we will be "free" hehe. I checked the 2012 thread and an user got AIP and he submitted the application on Dec 24th, can't wait to see what the CIC page shows tomorrow morning. I'm so happy for all the 2012 applicants, can't wait to be in their spot :D

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Hi guys! Need some answers/opinion ;D

My application was received 24/01/13, AOR was not received so I called the CIC. According to my ecas they started processing our application on 13/02/13. I sent with the application my OWP & police check from my home country but with no medical exam yet.

1. I am just wondering if I can do my medical now and send it to them so that they don't have to ask me later? If yes, how should I send it?

2. Do I still need to get a police check at my local police station?

Thank you :) :D :)

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cirene said:
And you will PaoladeCano :D You are one of the first in the list :D This is getting very exciting :D
Exiting and nerve wracking at the same time, but oh-so glad to have you guys. Your support and all the posts have made it a lot easier!
Here´s to fantastic news for all of us very soon!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
I'm so excited! I'm a January case too!!! Can't wait to see our spreadsheet being filled with "AIP received"!!! ;D

BTW! Did you guys see the 2013 thread's spreadsheet!?! Apps received on December 24th are getting AIP's!! Yaaayy!!