App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
What are the most common questions during the Landing interviews? Will you please share guys. Thnx a lot

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
RRSweet said:
Well folks ....another Friday has arrived. I have not heard anything from CIC as yet and I'm a July 29th applicant. I hope and pray by today's end we hear good news and a big jump is seen on the processing times ! Here's to faith! :D ::) :-X
Hoping you hear something real soon :D Time to finish up with July! It's been far too long since that website has said any other month LOL! I don't think there will be much of an update today on the cic site, but hopefully next week we'll see more movement

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
RRSweet said:
Well folks ....another Friday has arrived. I have not heard anything from CIC as yet and I'm a July 29th applicant. I hope and pray by today's end we hear good news and a big jump is seen on the processing times ! Here's to faith! :D ::) :-X
You get 2 thumbs up for positive thinking!...Cuz positive thoughts are all we really have as a way to move along our Applications ::)

I HOPE HOPE HOPE you hear something today, and they update the Timeline to Aug.1 at least! Would be so beautiful to see AUGUST instead of JULY! Arrrggg!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
lellen said:
You keep telling people they can't continue working. I received several emails and confirmation from CIC agents (which is more reliable than random civilians in my opinion) that if you're under PGWP you CAN continue to work. I've said this to you in the past, but you just seemed to ignore me.
It changes a lot of lives that this is possible. It is very important that people get the right information, I always tell people to confirm with CIC or something because somebody could stop working just from seeing your post. I know you're pretty wise in this area and I have complete respect for you, so I didn't mean to sound confrontational, I just hope that you know that sometimes giving people wrong information can change their lives. Trust me on this, I don't know much but people with PGWP please don't worry because you can continue to work! I have done it, CIC knows that I have done, it's FINE.
The thing is with CIC, the rules are different for different application streams. I think that is why you keep getting 'conflicting' information. It is true that SOME folks can continue working on implied status. Those would be the folks that are applying through one of the economic immigration stream. When they file their application they can include an application for OWP which will "BRIDGE" their PGWP until they receive their OWP and PR status. That is not true of family class sponsorship. CIC call agents, sadly are NOT confirming which stream you are applying through and yes, while you can bridge the PGWP through economic streams are you POSITIVE that your call agent is giving you appropriate information regarding family stream applications?

PGWP and IEC visa are NOT extendable on their own. You can not apply to 'extend' these permits like you can any other type of working permit. Look at the rules folks. You can choose not to listen to those of us who have THOROUGHLY investigated the options via the rules that CIC set forth and not listened to the call center agents because they deal with too many types of applications. They don't always give proper nor valid advice. The choice is yours, ultimately, however, if you are are denied your PR based on working past your date, there is no email that is going to save you. Ignorance of the law is never an excuse. Due diligence on YOUR part concerning YOUR application and YOUR life is what matters.

For those of you who question what I have to say. Look for yourself, don't take my word for it ...

bridging for CEC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=676&t=6

eligibility for bridging a PGWP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

operational bulletin for bridging PGWP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
flange12 said:
Hoping you hear something real soon :D Time to finish up with July! It's been far too long since that website has said any other month LOL! I don't think there will be much of an update today on the cic site, but hopefully next week we'll see more movement
Thanks ACS and Flange12 !!!! BRING ON AUGUST!!!!!! 8)

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
U may have implied status, but not new sin card with new expire date. After all, u can not work coz the sin can not be used for tax purpose, screwed by silly Canadian system.
That's what I got from service canada

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Princess029 said:
What are the most common questions during the Landing interviews? Will you please share guys. Thnx a lot
Landing interviews are super brief:

1. Have you been convicted of any crimes not included in your application?
2. Have you been refused entry to Canada?
3. Do you have any dependants not listed in your application?

and to the sponsor:

1. Do you accept to sponsor this person?

I think those are the only questions I've seen people post here.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi PRsoon, I agree with the opinion screech339 said as my wife was exactly in such situation last year. Her PGWP expired on Oct.30,2013 and we filed inland application as well as OWP in July.
Before her PGWP expiried, we debated if we hadto apply for a visitor record while waiting for her PR. We know the Implied Status but the PGWP is NOT Extendable , so we are not sure
what consequence it would be if we just sit there doing nothing.... Eventually, we ended up applying for the Visitor Record just for the safe cause as we do not want to get messed up by this
unclear rules. I just do not have energy to argue with CIC and take any risks on such a delicate subject. This is my 2cents and good luck to all , it's a painful process, I know that...

PRsoon said:
Implied status for PGWP is the most controversial topic in this forum. Every month there is a heated debate about this. In the end you are the one who has to make the decision to continue working or not.

Here are my two cents: Yes, in my opinion PGWP it is indeed eligible for implied status. That means you DO NOT need to quit your job. I base my opinion in the fact that the PGWP is considered a type of open work permit by any CIC agent or immigration officer that you might speak with.

Also I received an email from CIC stating very clearly the exceptions to the implied status, which are the international youth programs. Here is the full email I received from CIC and I am highlighting the exceptions to the implied status:

"Implied Status - Temporary Residents

As a temporary resident (TR), if you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a TR until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an Implied Status*.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to:

Re-enter Canada as a TR, if the Case Processing Centre (CPC) has not yet made a decision on your application to extend your work permit. Please note that you will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit. You must satisfy the officer at the port of entry (POE) that you have sufficient means of support. This applies if you:
are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt;
held a valid multiple-entry visa before leaving Canada; or
travelled only to the United States** and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;
Re-enter Canada as a worker/student, if the officer at the POE determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved by the CPC while you were outside Canada;
or
Apply for a new work/study permit at the POE provided you have the right to do so under the Regulations.
For more information on implied status, please consult the Operational Manual - Overseas Processing (OP 11) - Section 24.

* Participants in international youth exchange programs (e.g., Student Work Abroad Program (SWAP), International Experience Canada (IEC) or Working Holiday Program (WHP)) do not benefit from implied status, unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program.

**Including its Territories and Possessions."

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
nurse2012 said:
U may have implied status, but not new sin card with new expire date. After all, u can not work coz the sin can not be used for tax purpose, screwed by silly Canadian system.
Then whoever told you that has no idea: As I said, you can keep working with an expired SIN if you're on implied status, it's even on the Service Canada guide for employers: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/employers/expiry.shtml

There is no problem with taxes, just as when you get your PR, your permanent SIN just keeps going from where the temporary one left off.

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
Hi, I am new here but would like to know if any one can help me with a question........
I got a letter from CIC-M that my application was completed on July 7th and CIC Montreal will contact me to arrange an appointment to finalized my permanent resident application. ;D :)

I called tht call center and was told by 2 different rep that this office takes (1)..........12 weeks
(2)............. it takes 4 months by another. :-\ :-[ :mad: :eek:

I would like to know if any one here had this long time to wait.

Please can someone tell me something because I was thinking the wait was over but it looks like it now started. :( :mad:

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
nurse2012 said:
Actually you still use expired SIN numbers when filing taxes. I recently filed taxes for my partner because she wrote off some tuition fees.

Originally I tried getting her an ITN (Individual tax number) to do this. The application was denied and I was told by CRA to use expired SIN, from 3 years ago when she had an IEC visa to file taxes for her. She filed taxes with the expired SIN and no problem.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
AchankengCrawford said:
Landing interviews are super brief:

1. Have you been convicted of any crimes not included in your application?
2. Have you been refused entry to Canada?
3. Do you have any dependants not listed in your application?

and to the sponsor:

Hi Crawford, thanks for your your ideas. I do appreciate it a lot

1. Do you accept to sponsor this person?

I think those are the only questions I've seen people post here.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Thanks a lot for sharing Crawford.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Just did my medical

E-medical enabled

Dr. John Kuhlmann
666 Burnhamthorpe Rd
Suite 202
Etobicome, ON
Tel: 416- 622-0933

$160 for the medical
$ 36 for xray

*Anybody know how long before the medicals reflect on your ecas that CIC received your medicals?

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
It won't show on Ecas until you get first stage approval.

April Fajardo said:
Just did my medical

E-medical enabled

Dr. John Kuhlmann
666 Burnhamthorpe Rd
Suite 202
Etobicome, ON
Tel: 416- 622-0933

$160 for the medical
$ 36 for xray

*Anybody know how long before the medicals reflect on your ecas that CIC received your medicals?