Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Today is the update day!!

Once again I will hold to the hope that today we update to July 22!!!...**fingers crossed**

We had some July applicant DMs already, right?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ACS said:
That sounds like good news!

Does it show anything on ecas about them transfering your file?

I wonder if we will get a letter like that...looks like our Application was rec'd before yours.

And I wonder how they choose which Applications to transfer, and if the transfered ones are processed faster?
Hi acs. Am here in edmonton. I havent logged in ecas . I will check shortly. I will update you.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ACS said:
That sounds like good news!

Does it show anything on ecas about them transfering your file?

I wonder if we will get a letter like that...looks like our Application was rec'd before yours.

And I wonder how they choose which Applications to transfer, and if the transfered ones are processed faster?
It doesnt show on ecas.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Thanks Shyla!

Are you the Applicant or Sponsor?

I'm born and raised in Edmonton :) Live in Mississauga now though.

Hope you get your good news soon! :)

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
shyla36 said:
It doesnt show on ecas.
Thank you for sharing your info Shyla! It's nice to know they've started sending out letters. Maybe they'll be back to processing applications next week. I'm a July applicant, it was so disheartening when they stopped as soon as they hit July! Oh well.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ruppcs said:
Thank you for sharing your info Shyla! It's nice to know they've started sending out letters. Maybe they'll be back to processing applications next week. I'm a July applicant, it was so disheartening when they stopped as soon as they hit July! Oh well.
Hi ACS and ruppcs. I am the applicant, hubby is the sponsor. I think somehow our papers have been opened, i mean maybe till my timeline, july to sept, because there's uci indicated already ( my own uci) i didnt have that yet during my aor, only the sponsor had at that time. Its just file number on my part (at the aor stage) Well, am just guessing. Haha or i want to believe that. Regardless, makes me optimistic for all of us who were ALMOST there till the cease 3 weeks ago. Maybe you will all get your transfer letters soon. Ive read in inland 2014 that they have not been getting aors too for a month, so cic stopped working on all papers because of this transfer as they have to do all these other paperworks, like sending out letters etc. i have a feeling they will be working back again veryyy sooooooon.
Goodluck to us!

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
woodyc said:
I sent everything with my app too fee's/meds/police check got AIP Feb 17th still waiting for DM too.
You know what CIC is like all over the place with giving out AIP's & DM's some people get it straight away so people wait days weeks or months. You'll get there eventually
Thanks Woody........cant wait for my wife to be a permanent resident.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Since this requirement was created to expose fraudulent relationships, I'm sure they have a system in place to follow-up with couples that have this conditional PR. Having random `visits' from CIC or CBSA would certainly be one way to do this.
That's crazy and stupid...

So if you do end up breaking up after you have your PR card and everything else you just have to return home?

What happens if you both decide to stay together in a relationship but move apart?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:

So if you do end up breaking up after you have your PR card and everything else you just have to return home?

What happens if you both decide to stay together in a relationship but move apart?
I don’t think that’s crazy or stupid. The point is to prevent fraud. There are MANY MANY Canadians that are taken advantage of every year, where a foreigner marries them just to be able to live in Canada. Once they have their PR they leave their spouse, not only heart broken, but often with many debts.

This is to prevent that from happening. A GREAT idea if you ask me! I was a huge supporter of it, and I’m very glad they implemented this process.

Yes, if you break up right after you get your PR card, you SHOULD return home. The reason you GET PR is based on the fact that you are in a genuine and CONTINUING relationship.

Anyways…no reason to worry if you are in a real relationship, it won’t be an issue.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Where is our update?!?

I keep hitting *refresh* *refresh*.....

Come on July!!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:

How is it crazy or stupid?

If you...sorry...your `friend' ;) ends up with a conditional PR, that states that they MUST continue to LIVE TOGETHER with their sponsor/spouse/partner for 2 years...How is that crazy or stupid?

If you don't fulfill the obligation and separate within 2 years, you certainly can lose your PR and would likely have to leave Canada.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:

If you...sorry...your `friend' ;) ends up with a conditional PR, that states that they MUST continue to LIVE TOGETHER with their sponsor/spouse/partner for 2 years...How is that crazy or stupid?

If you don't fulfill the obligation and separate within 2 years, you certainly can lose your PR and would likely have to leave Canada.
But for work purposes if they have to move away but still remain in a relationship that has to be OK right?

That surely must could as still being in a relationship as you are technically still together.

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
Ponga said:

My question is...why are people so crazy about this CONDITION...marriage is a commitment and why would you say I DO if you aint committed for the long haul..pls guys condition or not try and make things work in your family. Having a PR should help to promote a better life not to break a relationship. That been said being abusive is not cool but try and see what can be amended before going for the last resort. Stay strong husband and wife.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:

I agree. The information on the conditional PR has been on CIC's website for quite a while so people that fall into this category should know what they're getting into before they apply. If this doesn't suit them there are other ways to apply for PR or stay in Canada.

As far conditional PR goes, CIC will most likely only be doing random checks and not following up with everyone.

Has your friend considered obtaining PR through the canadian experience class stream? The requirement is less stringent now as you only need 1 yr of full time canadian work experience in certain skilled occupations.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
But for work purposes if they have to move away but still remain in a relationship that has to be OK right?

That surely must could as still being in a relationship as you are technically still together.
Don't know I guess it depends if they have no choice in the matter. Though CIC might just ask why doesn't one person quit their job and try to find a job in the other person's city. Tough question to answer. I guess it depend on the specific circumstances.

I could see it in the case for people that work in the oil industry in Northern Alberta for example. Alot of them work 2-3 weeks straight in the camps but then they come home on their week off.