03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
shyla36 said:
Hi Daizey, i havent tried this bec I received the actual AOR, but can you try logging in ecas using your receipt number (imm 5401)? If you log in the page, there are different numbers you can use to try to log in, one of them is this receipt no. You said you paid in the bank so am guessing thats the imm 5401. I hope this works, just try...
Thanks for the suggestion Shyla! Unfortunately I've already tried that. :( All we have is the receipt from the bank, which just has our bank account info and transfer number...which I've tried but it didn't seem to work. The actual form of payment paperwork was sent with the application, and we didn't think to make a copy of it. Seems we did everything wrong! :p

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
Alurra71 said:
If your file is forwarded to a local office, you are likely going to be put in que for an interview now. That can take months and months. You will not get AIP until this interview has been completed. They obviously have some questions about your relationship, hence the need to do an interview. You are now out of the 'normal' processing timeline so the 11 months for AIP no longer count.
pwned

Bright_skies

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
amyJP said:
We just got the good news - decision made and approved!!!! And on my birthday too! :D :D :D
Landing in Vancouver, date yet to be set.
Amazing! Happy birthday double awesome day!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
mattb123 said:
WTH is that? Those folks are going to have a hard enough time dealing with the waiting time and adding on the extra stress of having an interview and this is the best sort of a response that you can come up with?

Bright_skies

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Cirene said:
Yeah, I called them on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week. On Wednesday the agent sent a message to CPCV about my file and that's when they started to really work on it.. I'll call tomorrow morning again and ask them about it.
I know how you feel Cirene :(

My friend sent in her inland (from USA) May 2013. Hers and her husband's still only shows "received". She called and they told her "they just haven't gotten to it yet"!

Can you recommend how you got the agent to send a msg on your behalf? My friend is really waiting for it to go "in process" so she can get MSP! :(

Thanks!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Guarona said:
So I'm going a bit crazy here with my application (to say the least); a feeling that most of you will be familiar with!

My application was received on April 8th, 2013. AOR was April 17th, 2013. As of this moment, the Processing Times page shows a January 29th, 2014 update to the page, with CIC claiming they are processing applications received up to April 29, 2013 (something we all know already). Clearly, my application fits within this period, and I should have heard something by now.

However, according to my Sponsor's eCAS, the "Sponsorship Application Status" still says "In Progress" and the "Permanent Resident Application Status" still shows "Application Received".

Here's the confusing bit... We called CIC and were told by the representative that all she could see was that the application had been forwarded to the local CIC office (Edmonton). She didn't know when, nor could provide us with any other useful information regarding the status of the application. Needless to say, we have not yet received any email or letter stating AIP and/or referral to the local CIC office.

I thought we were supposed to be notified of AIP and at the same time informed about the application being forwarded to the local CIC office.

Any thoughts from those of you with a similar experience?
Seems like we are in the same spot with the same VO.

My application was received in April 2nd 2013 and I never got the AOR (so I called CIC)

My husband eCAS (sponsor) shows that they started processing it on Jan 30th 2014 (so last week)

Such a joke on us!..

My file hasn't been transfer (and if it is then I haven't gotten any email or mail about it)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Bright_skies said:
I know how you feel Cirene :(

My friend sent in her inland (from USA) May 2013. Hers and her husband's still only shows "received". She called and they told her "they just haven't gotten to it yet"!

Can you recommend how you got the agent to send a msg on your behalf? My friend is really waiting for it to go "in process" so she can get MSP! :(

Thanks!
I'm sorry to hear that :(

Well I had to wait for the page to be updated (working on applications received on April 29th 2013) and I'm a April 2nd applicant...

Tomorrow CIC will update the page and you can see the date. If it has been longer than the time shown on CIC since your friend applied, she can get an agent to message CPCV about her file.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
WTH is that? Those folks are going to have a hard enough time dealing with the waiting time and adding on the extra stress of having an interview and this is the best sort of a response that you can come up with?
mattb123 said:
LOL...All the hip kids toss that`word' around:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned

So how's that hip that you nearly fractured a couple of days ago? ;)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ponga said:
LOL...All the hip kids toss that`word' around:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned

So how's that hip that you nearly fractured a couple of days ago? ;)
yeah, I know what it is, but I was wondering when the 12 yo's started sponsoring partners to Canada ;)

The hip is fine now that I had them replace it with a new titanium one! :p

I will not be climbing atop any more pedestals to gloat LMFAO!

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Guarona said:
So I'm going a bit crazy here with my application (to say the least); a feeling that most of you will be familiar with!

My application was received on April 8th, 2013. AOR was April 17th, 2013. As of this moment, the Processing Times page shows a January 29th, 2014 update to the page, with CIC claiming they are processing applications received up to April 29, 2013 (something we all know already). Clearly, my application fits within this period, and I should have heard something by now.

However, according to my Sponsor's eCAS, the "Sponsorship Application Status" still says "In Progress" and the "Permanent Resident Application Status" still shows "Application Received".

Here's the confusing bit... We called CIC and were told by the representative that all she could see was that the application had been forwarded to the local CIC office (Edmonton). She didn't know when, nor could provide us with any other useful information regarding the status of the application. Needless to say, we have not yet received any email or letter stating AIP and/or referral to the local CIC office.

I thought we were supposed to be notified of AIP and at the same time informed about the application being forwarded to the local CIC office.

Any thoughts from those of you with a similar experience?
I'm very sorry that this happened to you , it'd be like our worst nightmare to get transfer to local office before AIP to all of us waiting . I would call again and double check that info they gave you . And if you don't mind me asking , did you apply as married couple or Common law ? I hope you get that interview ASAP

Bright_skies

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Cirene said:
I'm sorry to hear that :(

Well I had to wait for the page to be updated (working on applications received on April 29th 2013) and I'm a April 2nd applicant...

Tomorrow CIC will update the page and you can see the date. If it has been longer than the time shown on CIC since your friend applied, she can get an agent to message CPCV about her file.
Thank you, that's exactly what we needed to hear. It's good just to have a "plan of action" so you don't feel lost in helplessness.

Now that they're working on yours it shouldn't be long! ::)

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
Tilikun said:
I'm very sorry that this happened to you , it'd be like our worst nightmare to get transfer to local office before AIP to all of us waiting . I would call again and double check that info they gave you . And if you don't mind me asking , did you apply as married couple or Common law ? I hope you get that interview ASAP
We applied as recently married after a 5-year long legitimate common-law relationship. I am not worried about the interview, just annoyed about the lack of clarity or information from CIC throughout the process (on top of the long wait!).

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Guarona said:
We applied as recently married after a 5-year long legitimate common-law relationship. I am not worried about the interview, just annoyed about the lack of clarity or information from CIC throughout the process (on top of the long wait!).
Yes, this process is NOT very transparent. You should've been informed that your file was transferred to a local office. Make sure you check your spam folders carefully as well as sometimes they do get 'dumped' in there.

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
For everyone's interest, this may have been shared earlier or separately:
(I can't share links yet, so Google "CIC IP 8" – without quotes – the first result should be a link to a PDF from CIC; their manual for processing inland spousal sponsorship applications)

It's been useful to us.