12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Cirene said:
Mm it actually says on my husband's not mine.. (My husband is my sponsor).. mine says "We received your application for PR on April 2nd 2013"

and my husband's "In process" Jan 30th 2014

That's why I am worried!
I have question that might sound silly: how do you see your husband's and how do you see yours?

my husband is my sponsor, he has got the email AOR and I put in the file number from that email and then my name and brrthday and country of birth and then it only says: 'we have received your application'

how can I see more?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guarona said:
For everyone's interest, this may have been shared earlier or separately:
(I can't share links yet, so Google "CIC IP 8" – without quotes – the first result should be a link to a PDF from CIC; their manual for processing inland spousal sponsorship applications)

It's been useful to us.
It was very helpful for us as well:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Guarona said:
(I can't share links yet, so Google "CIC IP 8" – without quotes – the first result should be a link to a PDF from CIC; their manual for processing inland spousal sponsorship applications)

It's been useful to us.
Thank you so much for that :)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Guarona said:

It's been useful to us.
I'm sorry that this has been the path of your application. All you can do now is to prepare. A few topics are specific for questions that are asked in the interviews. If you are confident in the strength of your relationship (which you would have to be to go through immigration in the first place, IMO) then you will have no issues. Can you share with us some of the particulars of your story? Maybe we can give you a few pointers?

Don't worry about people who have negative things to say. They obviously have a problem with themselves if they feel the need to discourage and make insensitive comments. The rest of us are here for you - please keep us updated!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Ponga said:
It was very helpful for us as well:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf
This is a really interesting read! I wasn't aware that we had access to such information! Thanks, Ponga. I think that we should all eventually become Immigration officers. Haha It's been such a big part of our lives, I feel like we know most of the ins and outs of the process by now.

:p

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Hello. I just got an email from CIC today but not sure if it is AIP and DM or only AIP.
I applied on 23 June 2013 and AOR is 14 July 2013.
The letter is :

" Cette lettre fait suite à la demande de parrainage d’un membre de la catégorie des époux ou
conjoints de fait au Canada que vous avez présenté en faveur de------.
Nous avons le plaisir de vous informer que vous respectez les exigences liées au parrainage.
La demande de résidence permanente sera traitée séparément et le Centre de traitement des
demandes contactera le demandeur sous peu.
Votre entente de parrainage avec les membres de votre famille est un engagement officiel.
Vous avez promis de subvenir financièrement à leurs besoins fondamentaux s’ils ne peuvent y
parvenir eux-mêmes ou s’ils refusent de devenir autonomes....."

Good luck everyone who waits :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs_Canuck said:
This is a really interesting read! I wasn't aware that we had access to such information! Thanks, Ponga. I think that we should all eventually become Immigration officers. Haha It's been such a big part of our lives, I feel like we know most of the ins and outs of the process by now.

Credit to Guarona for posting the info here...I just provided the link. ;)

I was very thankful for that PDF a few months ago!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats giggles and amyJP for the good news :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
alexandre1610 said:
Hello. I just got an email from CIC today but not sure if it is AIP and DM or only AIP.
The letter is :

" Cette lettre fait suite à la demande de parrainage d'un membre de la catégorie des époux ou
Nous avons le plaisir de vous informer que vous respectez les exigences liées au parrainage.
La demande de résidence permanente sera traitée séparément et le Centre de traitement des
Votre entente de parrainage avec les membres de votre famille est un engagement officiel.
Vous avez promis de subvenir financièrement à leurs besoins fondamentaux s'ils ne peuvent y
parvenir eux-mêmes ou s'ils refusent de devenir autonomes....."

Does it say we are pleased to advice processing of your application has been completed? Sorry, the only French word I know is bonjour :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Cirene, you should definitely clear up what they are doing with your file. For the sponsor part Ecas never showed "We started processing your application on ..." before?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
guri3577 said:
Cirene, you should definitely clear up what they are doing with your file. For the sponsor part Ecas never showed "We started processing your application on ..." before?
Never ever.. We couldn't be able to log in.. It used to say this until today:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
From the looks of your situation cirene. It looks like they forgot or lost your application along the queue, but now got it back in processing. I'm pretty sure if they did make that mistake, they won't put it back on the 11 month queue. They should be fast tracking it. But I pray and hope that you hear something soon. Hang in there.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Cirene said:
Never ever.. We couldn't be able to log in.. It used to say this until today:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).
I wonder if MP can help in this situation and clear out what's going on.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
alexandre1610 said:
The letter is :

" Cette lettre fait suite à la demande de parrainage d'un membre de la catégorie des époux ou
Vous avez promis de subvenir financièrement à leurs besoins fondamentaux s'ils ne peuvent y
parvenir eux-mêmes ou s'ils refusent de devenir autonomes....."

hey Alexandre , this looks as if it is AIP, it says that the sponsorship has been approved at that now they are checking the permanent residence.
This is really good news, and also interesting to see that they already work on applications received in june!!!!
smile and be Happy.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs_Canuck said:

This part should be comforting to those that have received AOR:

Initial receipt and coding

An initial process occurs on receipt of every application, including those involving Quebec applicants. This process includes information gathering, record creation and administrative steps to ensure that initial evaluation can begin. This process includes, among others, the following steps:
verification for completeness;
• return to sponsor, if application is not complete, or acceptance by date stamp receipt;
• creation of both a paper and electronic file;
acknowledgement; This would be the A in AOR...right?!?!
• request for any support documents or information that may be missing;
• verification of and possible printing of the FOSS and/or CAIPS record; and
• electronic transfer of biodata information to CPIC.

So, it appears that they do check for completeness BEFORE issuing AOR.

However...for Common-Law couples, the following appears to be incorrect, or since revised:
In the case of a common-law partner, documentary evidence should include:
• a statutory declaration of common-law relationship (included in the application package);

This is NOT listed on the Inland checklist and is only required for those that have a co-signer.