March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
ACS said:
I know the wait time, plus being unable to work seems daunting. But the benefit of inland is that we get to be together with our Spouses'/families.

It's a decision everyone has to make. If you are able to spend the time apart, the Outland *may* be faster. But not in all cases. Some of the Visa offices have a pretty long wait time. Plus, after the strike, I am guessing it will take them awhile to get thru the backlog.

The inland applications from 2012 are getting Approvals VERY quickly at the moment. Take a look on the 2012 Inland thread. There are AIPs and DMs coming in multiple times a day! :)
I guess it is an issue of trade-offs. Spending short time away from family so that the immigration limbo does not stick with us for 2 years looks better. My wife thinks I should go. I'm not happy being kept here when I could contribute in a more meaningful way elsewhere (and my wife won't enjoy that 'family time').

pocq

Oct 2, 2013
stellahello said:
My friend stayed in Korea for 6 months, because her parent was sick so she needed to take care of them.
That was a long time visiting her family without her husband whom she is sponsored; however, it was okay for her coming back to Canada.
The immigration officer did not ask any questions about the term. She was only asked for the reason why she went there.
I believe you guys do not have to worry too much.

May I ask where you live? We are in Calgary tho.
Wow, we live in Calgary as well.

That is a good news for her , knowing that someone did actually left Canada for 6 months and came back here without any issue. I know there is no 100% guarantee, but I believe as long we dont do or act anything wrong, it should not be a problem. I just keep praying that everything will be fine :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Yay for Calgary!!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
charliem said:
I guess it is an issue of trade-offs. Spending short time away from family so that the immigration limbo does not stick with us for 2 years looks better. My wife thinks I should go. I'm not happy being kept here when I could contribute in a more meaningful way elsewhere (and my wife won't enjoy that 'family time').

I felt the same way. The helplessness that you can not do anything about it but to just wait and that strike made it even worse. Timing is so bad. If there was no strike that we normally get AIP within 6 months, it would have been tolerable. But I guess that's when you really know they are there for us and did not bail on us. It made the relationship stronger. ;)

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Line.a said:
I am from Calgary as well! I don't know. Volunteering is really not allowed for most TFW here in Calgary. I tried to but they refused me since they say even if it is unpaid, I might put the experiences in my résumé and stuff. So I was really disappointed.I just wanna help old people in their daily lives as my way of paying off to my grandmother who raised me. But at least I tried.

pocq

Oct 2, 2013
hockeyfan said:
What's "Calgary"?
Calgary is the fifth best city to live overall in the world :D

business.financialpost.com/2013/08/28/toronto-vancouver-and-calgary-among-worlds-top-five-most-liveable-cities-ranking-says/

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I don't live in Calgary Calgary though. I'm more north. Which is nicer, cheaper and not so many bad drivers! :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Bebecharmed said:
I am from Calgary as well! I don't know. Volunteering is really not allowed for most TFW here in Calgary. I tried to but they refused me since they say even if it is unpaid, I might put the experiences in my résumé and stuff. So I was really disappointed.I just wanna help old people in their daily lives as my way of paying off to my grandmother who raised me. But at least I tried.
Yeah that's what my impression was.. No volunteering as well. I am just gonna sit back and relax until I know what's going on. I feel like time is moving rather fast now! I love autumn :)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
hockeyfan said:
Jokes, obviously!!
Haha the 1st micro second I thought you weren't but then yeah.. I see! I'm not the smartest :)

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Line.a said:
I don't live in Calgary Calgary though. I'm more north. Which is nicer, cheaper and not so many bad drivers! :)
So true! It's kinda expensive to live here and lotttts of really bad drivers. But that's how it is. Lots of road accidents. I am learning how to drive here but those accidents make me nervous. No matter how defensive you are. At least it's still waaaay better to live here than in third world countries, financial-wise. Our PR is will help us to make our lives better, and for our families esp. the children. Let us just pray that CIC works faster for the backlogs at hand so we can get ours in no time.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Bebecharmed said:
So true! It's kinda expensive to live here and lotttts of really bad drivers. But that's how it is. Lots of road accidents. I am learning how to drive here but those accidents make me nervous. No matter how defensive you are. At least it's still waaaay better to live here than in third world countries, financial-wise. Our PR is will help us to make our lives better, and for our families esp. the children. Let us just pray that CIC works faster for the backlogs at hand so we can get ours in no time.
I know Europe has bad drivers but I was surprised to see how bad it was out here. Like deerfoot trail is insane in the winter. I remember last year how late I always was for work because of accidents. But I don't blame them.. Winter is bad. I yet have to obtain a drivers license, and I agree.. Feeling rather apprehensive about it lol! Oh Canada is amazing.. Not as good as home but i can imagine my boyfriend will take a long time learning Danish :) me too.. Can't wait for AIP. when did you apply?