+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Sorry to derail, but can I take this combo AIP & DM email and apply for a social insurance number or do I need an open work permit?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Because you have a DM, you don't need OWP. You will have your PR soon and can get your SIN after landing.

MiriMinBC said:
Sorry to derail, but can I take this combo AIP & DM email and apply for a social insurance number or do I need an open work permit?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Yay! Thank you moderator :)

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
MiriMinBC said:
You cannot get a SIN with AIP or DM. You need to waiting for your landing appointment or get an OWP.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
Like why is this 1 shooting all over the news, its NOTHING compared to what's going on around the world at the moment. I really don't understand why this is getting so much attention....

I love how then the WHOLE CITY has to go under lock down because of this... oh please...

I just find things like this happen all of the time in far worse cases which don't even get half the amount of coverage this has got already...its like, just sit down.

Shootings happen almost daily in cities like New York and Toronto... you don't see them going on full lock down or attempting a evac of a city.

It's on lock down because I don't think they've caught all suspects or are sure if there are more. The federal seat of government being attacked is a huge deal. Especially given that 2 soldiers were run down in Quebec this week!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Daizey said:
Yay! Thank you moderator :)
It seems that any comments responded to Jamesdavids got removed along with his post.

It's funny that he says he is not doing anything "illegally" when in fact he is. He has been working "illegally" past his IEC visa date and since his PR application got returned, he become "out of status". In fact CIC had told him to apply for a status of restoration. He continue to work believe he has "implied status" all this time. When one applies for a restoration of status, he/she cannot work or study until status is restored assuming they approve it.

Screech339

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Is hard to believe that someone who was in the past or in the procces right now to get his/her permanent resident, talk so bad, hard to show respect for this *****d person. As part of this beautifull & peacefull country everthing that happens in it affects us all.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
I just talked to the Call Centre and they said the Vancouver office is a month or less currently on landing interviews! What happens at that interview? After that I just wait to get my PR card? I'm so happy I could pee! all this is so exciting!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
MiriMinBC said:
I just talked to the Call Centre and they said the Vancouver office is a month or less currently on landing interviews! What happens at that interview? After that I just wait to get my PR card? I'm so happy I could pee! all this is so exciting!
They ask you the standard 3 questions at the landing interview then you get your COPR document which you can then take to get a SIN#.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
It seems that any comments responded to Jamesdavids got removed along with his post.

It's funny that he says he is not doing anything "illegally" when in fact he is. He has been working "illegally" past his IEC visa date and since his PR application got returned, he become "out of status". In fact CIC had told him to apply for a status of restoration. He continue to work believe he has "implied status" all this time. When one applies for a restoration of status, he/she cannot work or study until status is restored assuming they approve it.

Screech339
Good timing to bring up somebody's history to make him look bad eh?

If he doesn't feel right about the whole city being locked down, he has freedom of expression to say. It's up to him to disagree. Disagreement is not wrong or illegal! If he think the incident is not a big deal as compared to other global crisis, it is not illegal to say, too - because he didn't say and do anything that threaten the safety of others, Mr. Police!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:

If he doesn't feel right about the whole city being locked down, he has freedom of expression to say. It's up to him to disagree. Disagreement is not wrong or illegal! If he think the incident is not a big deal as compared to other global crisis, it is not illegal to say, too - because he didn't say and do anything that threaten the safety of others, Mr. Police!
You are the next angriest man I see after jamesdavids in this forum. I feel like you're always filled with negative thoughts.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:

While it is not "illegal" to express an opinion bad or good, just thought it was funny for him to say that he wasn't doing anything "illegally". Yes voicing an opinion is not illegal, what he is doing is working past his IEC work expire date is, in fact, "illegal".

Thought it was funny and ironic for jamesdavid to say he wasn't doing anything "illegally" coming from a guy who continues to work "illegally" to this day.

Screech339

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
You are the next angriest man I see after jamesdavids in this forum. I feel like you're always filled with negative thoughts.
Why securing basic human rights a negative thought? Whether you like what people say or not, as long as they dont say/do thing outside the law, why criticize them just because they are different?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Please guys, let's keep this thread positive :) So much good news today from miriminBC! Don't let the people trying to stir up trouble turn this into a bash-fest. We need to keep positive in the face of such a tragic day.