Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Hey Everyone –
Just sneaking on at work today as I am so excited with CIC date update!!!! I can only hope they keep this up and I may hear from them in 2 – 3 weeks rather than the 3 – 4 I was mentally preparing for.
LY: I know your getting heaps of encouragement and advice today re calling CIC – and I agree, you really need to. In my past life (pre immigration to Canada!!!) I was a Call Centre Manager. When you call be really calm and understanding – the staff hate when people call already angry and they will not try to help you are just another call on the call board they have to get through for the day to achieve their KPI’s, unfortunately they don’t care about the person on the other end.
When you speak to them open up by saying I have noticed on the website that they are now processing applications that are received by July 25, I also read on the website that it recommends us to call should we not have heard anything and as my application was sent on XXXX and in turn received by yourselves on XXX I thought it is best to call to ensure that everything is in order……
If they say yes everything is fine – continue with – I also understand that you are not in a position to speed up my application however I am concerned that their may be a problem as I have not received any correspondence as yet and your website clearly notes I should have received something by now is there a superior that I can speak with who may be able to provide me with more information as to why I have not heard anything as yet or the steps I should take next. Be firm and polite and fingers crossed they do transfer you.
Wishing you the best of luck – I hope it works for you……

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
LY, what I was trying to say was that getting angry does not get you anywhere especially with the call centre agents.

I know how frustrating this must be. I am assuming that I will be the same way next January when we are scheduled to hear something.

Did you get through yet today?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
OH.....MY.....GOSH
I GOT AIP WOOHOO!!!!!

I just want to thank you all so so so so so so much for never letting me give up and always being there. Even when it meant listening to my whininess and grumpiness. I can never thank you all enough. I cannot wait for everyone else to get news. I am just a wave of emotions right now and to be honest I don't think it has sunk in yet. Hubby and I will be celebrating tonight for sure. :) Now lets just hope Canada Post isn't on strike for too long. Lol. Once again thank you so much. I love ya guys so much and can't wait for that chart to be completely filled in with approvals. Woohoo!

P.S. They sent a letter to me and OWP in the mail yesterday! And yes, I am already getting a billion "I told ya so's" from hubby. Lol. :p

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
AWESOME NEWS!!!! So happy for you - now you can start job hunting!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful evening with hubby

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congrats LY!!!

Well done!!

Now it's time to celebrate.. Enjoy the little victory! :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sa_ja said:
Congrats LY!!!

Well done!!

Now it's time to celebrate.. Enjoy the little victory! :D
Thank you so much sa_ja! Finally we can celebrate too! :)

ardmac said:
AWESOME NEWS!!!! So happy for you - now you can start job hunting!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful evening with hubby
Thank you so much! Well I already have a few places in mind and one the manager offered me the job as soon as I get my work permit. So let's hope that stands true. Wow this just feels so surreal, feels like the whole world's weight lifted off my shoulders. Can't wait for you to get news. :D

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
OH.....MY.....GOSH
I GOT AIP WOOHOO!!!!!

I just want to thank you all so so so so so so much for never letting me give up and always being there. Even when it meant listening to my whininess and grumpiness. I can never thank you all enough. I cannot wait for everyone else to get news. I am just a wave of emotions right now and to be honest I don't think it has sunk in yet. Hubby and I will be celebrating tonight for sure. :) Now lets just hope Canada Post isn't on strike for too long. Lol. Once again thank you so much. I love ya guys so much and can't wait for that chart to be completely filled in with approvals. Woohoo!

P.S. They sent a letter to me and OWP in the mail yesterday! And yes, I am already getting a billion "I told ya so's" from hubby. Lol. :p

Best news ever! You made my day! I'm so happy for you my friend! You can start working soon!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
GREAT NEWS LY!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Celebrate like crazy tonight!!
Now the next chapter can start in your life and I hope PR is just around the corner!
SIN, job and health card here you come!!!

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
congrats LY, about time!

good luck with the job hunting, having some extra coin in the bank will certainly help! ( save for a trip to the states )

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
OH.....MY.....GOSH
I GOT AIP WOOHOO!!!!!

IIIIIIIIIII TOLD YOU IT WAS A MATTER OF HOURS!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
yyi said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D Congrats LY!!! ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thank you yyi! That is so cool what you did there. :-*

kieran123 said:
congrats LY, about time!

good luck with the job hunting, having some extra coin in the bank will certainly help! ( save for a trip to the states )
It is about time right? And it is about time for everyone else to get approval now too. Lol.
And yeah it definitely will be nice to have extra money to rely on now and a trip home is definitely in the plans. ;)

kiwikris said:
GREAT NEWS LY!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Celebrate like crazy tonight!!
Now the next chapter can start in your life and I hope PR is just around the corner!
SIN, job and health card here you come!!!
Woohoo thank you! :D :D :D
We are definitely celebrating tonight. We know we are going out to dinner but any other recommendations?
That is just unbelievable though how one approval can change it all. It will feel surreal for a good while especially getting SIN, job, and health card. I have done without it for so long. And I am not sure if I just got approved for AIP or both. I just know she said they mailed a letter and OWP with it yesterday. I was too excited to ask anymore. I guess I will see on e-Cas soon enough.

lovely20 said:
Best news ever! You made my day! I'm so happy for you my friend! You can start working soon!
Aww, I am so glad it could make your day too. Your turn is next. ;)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Congratulations LY. I told you that you would have news by May 20th. I knew it.

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
congrats...when did you sent your application?...mine , i sent to cpc veg july 10,2010....what do u think, mine is on the way too?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
isabela said:
congrats...when did you sent your application?...mine , i sent to cpc veg july 10,2010....what do u think, mine is on the way too?
Hey Isabela you should try calling CIC now. She sent hers July 16, 2010.