Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lilly_inland said:
Hi Love Young....
No I havent' called CIC yet. How do you get your Client ID? I cant find it anywhere on the visitor visa that I got. I saw on the other folks signature who applied inland that they received a letter from CIC when they started processing their application. So I thought we should also be getting a letter from the CIC soon since its been 3 months since the application was sent. I've heard horror stories where they lose applications, so that's my only scare !
I really doubt they have lost your application so don't scare yourself into that situation just yet. You just got to the 3 month mark now. Lol. Plus I am pretty sure it is a rare occasion that they lose applications and well if they do lose mine, they won't be able to walk straight for the rest of their life. Lol. Well I think on Monday you should call and explain to them that you can't find your client ID # and you would like to know it because your application should be in process by now. Most of the time they will ask you a few security questions and will then give it to you. About the letter, I don't know whose signatures you are reading but I have only heard of them getting a letter once they reach AIP. Then you should get a letter.

I tried to find a picture but not sure it will be big enough. It shows where the client ID is normally located on a permit/visitor record etc. Now if you only got a stamp in your passport you probably don't have a client ID until they start processing the application. When it is just a stamp, there is no client ID listed.

So hope this helps and hopefully you can somewhat see it. If you need me to I can send it to you in an email.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Checked e-Cas today but there was nothing.
Decided to give the automated service a try since they are usually more up to date.

They have now acknowledged that our application was received on July 16, 2010 which I knew already but still nice to hear them say it.
They didn't say whether it was in process or returned though so that kind of bothers me.

Does the automated service usually tell what date it is in process on?
If so, is it a bad sign that ours might be returned. I am thinking they just now opened it but were still looking at it so didn't put it in as in process yet. I don't know, either way I am going to call them in the morning to ask but obviously it is listed in the computer so they have to know something. I want to be happy but don't know if I should be yet. ::)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
Checked e-Cas today but there was nothing.
Decided to give the automated service a try since they are usually more up to date.

They have now acknowledged that our application was received on July 16, 2010 which I knew already but still nice to hear them say it.
They didn't say whether it was in process or returned though so that kind of bothers me.

Does the automated service usually tell what date it is in process on?
If so, is it a bad sign that ours might be returned. I am thinking they just now opened it but were still looking at it so didn't put it in as in process yet. I don't know, either way I am going to call them in the morning to ask but obviously it is listed in the computer so they have to know something. I want to be happy but don't know if I should be yet. ::)
The automated system was my first sign of hope. I applied in May and in July I tried the automated system and it confirmed the application was received. It was a month later before I could log into e-cas though. It doesn't say anything else still except that "it has been received." When I applied for study/work permits, it used to tell me that it was approved on so and so date but those things only took one week to process. I guess once the process is over then you would her the results. I called on August 13th and the rep told me they were opening applications received up to May 21st. They received mine May 13th so. August 16th I was able to log into e-cas. So maybe when you call, depending on the rep you get they may tell what date applications they're opening now.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
suenim said:
The automated system was my first sign of hope. I applied in May and in July I tried the automated system and it confirmed the application was received. It was a month later before I could log into e-cas though. It doesn't say anything else still except that "it has been received." When I applied for study/work permits, it used to tell me that it was approved on so and so date but those things only took one week to process. I guess once the process is over then you would her the results. I called on August 13th and the rep told me they were opening applications received up to May 21st. They received mine May 13th so. August 16th I was able to log into e-cas. So maybe when you call, depending on the rep you get they may tell what date applications they're opening now.
Thank you so very much. Just the type of advice and experience I was looking for.
Yeah the reason I was concerned was because when I had applied for my last extension when I called it would confirm that it was approved on such and such date. I am just afraid though if I ask them when they are opening apps that they will just say the standard, "We don't open applications until 8-9 months.." blah blah stuff, you know? Is there a certain way I should word it though so they won't give that answer?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
WAHOO!!!

Just called CIC this morning and actually got a nice agent (lol shocker there sometimes).
Anyway, she informed me that they started processing our application on SEPTEMBER 22, 2010.
Seems like they are taking less and less time to start processing from the time it is received now which is good news for new inland applicants. Now if we could just get the main processing times to go down. Well one hurdle at a time right.

So I just thought everyone that is wanting to hear when theirs start processing, our app started processing 2 months and 6 days after being received. I know this is a small update but I am on top of the world right now. :p

stubaxle

Aug 17, 2010
I know this isn't a 2010 application, but is almost!

If anyone wants to know the progress of the spousal/common law class up to Approval in Principal....inland.....

I GOT MINE TODAY! Application recieved 29/12/09 at Vegreville.

Surprised me, because the website still says 20/12/09!

Anyone know how long it should take to get my PR Status now? I live in Newmarket, Ontario...

Thanks and best of luck to all!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
WAHOO!!!

Just called CIC this morning and actually got a nice agent (lol shocker there sometimes).
Anyway, she informed me that they started processing our application on SEPTEMBER 22, 2010.
Seems like they are taking less and less time to start processing from the time it is received now which is good news for new inland applicants. Now if we could just get the main processing times to go down. Well one hurdle at a time right.

So I just thought everyone that is wanting to hear when theirs start processing, our app started processing 2 months and 6 days after being received. I know this is a small update but I am on top of the world right now. :p
Well congratulations. But to let you know that my application was received by Vegreville Office on January 15th 2010, and they started processing on March 23rd. About 2 months and 8 days. By considering the fact, that February is a month of 28 days. The time line is still pretty much same as it was 9 months back.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
adzees said:
Well congratulations. But to let you know that my application was received by Vegreville Office on January 15th 2010, and they started processing on March 23rd. About 2 months and 8 days. By considering the fact, that February is a month of 28 days. The time line is still pretty much same as it was 9 months back.
mine was 2 months and 18 days! so it does getting faster ;)
(mine was started to process april 27)

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
I just called CIC and the agent told me that for applications received in Jan 2010, the current processing time is 9 months and any applications received by Jan 2010 may be finalized by mid October :)

Makes me happy hearing this from them since the E-CAS only shows In-Process

Crossing my fingers to get everythig in about a month, so excited!!!!! ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I didn't know that was the processing times then but it is still awesome then they went back to only taking that long and not almost 3 months. I am still happy though. I was expecting to hear about it for at least a while longer. I thought they just started processing this week. That is why I was trying to find out my status. I was just relieved it wasn't returned as that was my greatest fear for some reason. Now just one hurdle to wait through.

I have 6 and a half months to pick up on hobbies I have been wanting to do but couldn't because of stressing over immigration things. Hopefully by April I will have good news but I can't see why I wouldn't. Just so nice to know they finally opened it. Whew..
Right now I am just hoping I don't get AIP on April Fool's Day. Lol. I wouldn't know whether to believe it or not.

I am so glad though to see everyone having so many updates. Before long they will be processing January's application's.
Can't wait to hear about everyone getting their long deserved first stage approval. Good luck everyone and thank you for being happy with me.
Be sure to update if any of you hear anything and I will too.

lessen

Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 22 2010
Med's Done....
april - 08 - 10
ours was sent over three months ago still no hear :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lessen said:
ours was sent over three months ago still no hear :(
Do you know your client id #. If you do, you should use the automated phone service on CIC's hotline. 1-888-242-2100.
You choose to check application status. From there they ask your client id and year of birth. It will tell you the day they received it. If it says that then chose to talk to an agent by pressing zero. You may have to try a few times. Only took me two times today. When you get on the phone say that you would like to know when they started processing.

They will asked when it was received, your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, client id, immigration status etc to confirm your identity. They then will probably put you on hold and look at your file. They then can tell you when it started processing.

Now if you don't have a client ID yet then I would call the same number and talk to an agent. Tell them when your app was received and that you would like to know your client ID #. They will probably confirm your identity then give it to you. After such you should be able to log in to e-Cas on the CIC site. Please let us know if you find out anything and best of luck. :)

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
About how long will it be until I can log on with my client ID. I am currently here as a student, so have a client ID from my study permit (and previous work permits that I have held as well). I sent my application in less than a month ago, so I know I still have a while to wait I would just like to get an idea as to whether or noth they have at least received the documents.
Thanks fellow inlanders!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
2- 2 1/2 Months before you can log on to E-Case

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Teriskier said:
About how long will it be until I can log on with my client ID. I am currently here as a student, so have a client ID from my study permit (and previous work permits that I have held as well). I sent my application in less than a month ago, so I know I still have a while to wait I would just like to get an idea as to whether or noth they have at least received the documents.
Thanks fellow inlanders!
You may be able to check the status of your app in E-CAS after 3 months approx. after your app was received @ CIC

I sent mine in Jan 2010 and I was able to access my records in April 2010.

Just be patient.... ::)