+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC - Spouse name not required anymore

Navkaur24

Jul 19, 2022
Hi, is the PCC information anyhow recorded in Regional passport office? My passport never had spouse name, is the marriage certificate recorded in passport office somehow in their system?

Unkwn11

Jul 4, 2024
i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

My passport doent have my spouse name and our marriage is registered in India.
But my spouse has my name on his passport

How did you proceed with PCC - can it be done at his residence??

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

Please advise ! I am really stressed about it !

Unkwn11

Jul 4, 2024
i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021

The police will ask - atleast they do it for the girls - god knows why
I had a similar case and when they went to my wife’s place thy asked if she is married - same thing happened to other ppl
They didn’t ask about marriage when thy went to my parents home

you can do at your husband residence. Someone there will need to confirm that thy know you etc etc and provide their adhar card / electric bill etc

in the end you need to provide some Indian address where your identify can be vefied
The spouse name doesn’t have to be on the passport but u will provide marriage certificate for proof

Unkwn11

Jul 4, 2024
I only stated at his place for few days less than a week, Can I get by PcC done at his place even though address on my passport is of my parents’ home???
we have marriage certificate along with my spouse having my name on his passport!
Also do they have any document which they carry with them that needs to be checked by parents?? Which could mention that I am married???

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I only stated at his place for few days less than a week, Can I get by PcC done at his place even though address on my passport is of my parents’ home???
we have marriage certificate along with my spouse having my name on his passport!
Also do they have any document which they carry with them that needs to be checked by parents?? Which could mention that I am married???
Yes you can
His parents will have to give their Aadhar card / electric bill etc to prove they live there and also confirm that you are his wife and also lived there

They will carry only the docs that you submit with your PCC
You can mention something you want to get PCC done at his address as no one. Stays on the address that is there on your passport

In the end police just needs money pay them - they take it any case lol

good luck

SNP0201

Mar 27, 2020
Don't worry. My father did verification for my wife and me. Police will call on the number you provided while filling out your application. We both have different addresses (different police stations as well) on our passports and we filled PCC applications according to our passports. Be truthful.

SNP0201

Mar 27, 2020
Yes you can
His parents will have to give their Aadhar card / electric bill etc to prove they live there and also confirm that you are his wife and also lived there

They will carry only the docs that you submit with your PCC
You can mention something you want to get PCC done at his address as no one. Stays on the address that is there on your passport

In the end police just needs money pay them - they take it any case lol

good luck
Lol True. ₹1000 and you're done. We received our PCCs within 2 weeks. No questions asked!

Happyhdjdjxjjjxb

Dec 13, 2019
One of my friend is also in same situation as her parents doesn’t know and she applied as single and got her pcc. Did you apply or not yet
Please help me, I am married in Canada. And our parents don't know anything about our marriage. Can i do pcc without mentioning my marital status?

Thank you

Happyhdjdjxjjjxb

Dec 13, 2019
I have same issue. My wife parents don’t know about our marriage and we don’t have spouse name on our passport. If we apply pcc as a single status then it’s shows fathers name on pcc not husband name.
Does it create problem in PR for express entry. Please reply as only 1 month is left to apply express entry.

I will really appreciated.
Please help me, I am married in Canada. And our parents don't know anything about our marriage. Can i do pcc without mentioning my marital status?

Thank you