+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC - Spouse name not required anymore

akashchahal

Oct 15, 2021
I have same issue. My wife parents don’t know about our marriage and we don’t have spouse name on our passport. If we apply pcc as a single status then it’s shows fathers name on pcc not husband name.
Does it create problem in PR for express entry. Please reply as only 1 month is left to apply express entry.

I will really appreciated.

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
Hi akash,
tuhadi pcc passport de address de hisab nal bn ni a jo tuhadi wife de passport te address a pcc te hamesha d/0 hi hunda w/0 nhi jehda address apna indian passport te hunda ohde hisab nal pcc bn di hundi it doesn’t matter if you are married or not so not a problem you can fill as single

anivargh

Jul 2, 2020
Long Story - I am planning to apply for PR early next year once I complete my 1 year of work and have been following threads rigorously to collect information on what needs to be done. The PCC has always been a point of contention and a lot people advised me to start the PCC process at least a month before. Recently (I think somewhere in Aug) there were changes to regulations for getting PCC for married couples where they made it mandatory to have the spouse name affixed in the passport. This requirement did not exist previously and I am happy to confirm that it does not exist anymore with the updated checklist published on BLS website on Nov 18.
Link - toronto-PCC-Checklist-Rev-10-10-NOV-18-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

For the curious kind, here is the link to the old checklist which says you need to reissue passport in case your spouse name is missing before applying for PCC. A lot of members here on the forum have also confirmed this requirement existed. Link - toronto-pcc-checklist-rev-10-9-oct-20-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

I had received an official confirmation from the consulate regarding this back in October that this was a mandatory requirement and they had asked me to re-apply for passport. I have sent them an email again and am awaiting official confirmation.

Short Version - Spouse name is no more required on passport when applying for PCC.
Just a doubt, did ur spouse or you have ur name on PCC, like wife of something like that.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I have same issue. My wife parents don’t know about our marriage and we don’t have spouse name on our passport. If we apply pcc as a single status then it’s shows fathers name on pcc not husband name.
Does it create problem in PR for express entry. Please reply as only 1 month is left to apply express entry.

I will really appreciated.
Hey did you get you pcc by mentioning as single ?
Please confirm

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi akash,
tuhadi pcc passport de address de hisab nal bn ni a jo tuhadi wife de passport te address a pcc te hamesha d/0 hi hunda w/0 nhi jehda address apna indian passport te hunda ohde hisab nal pcc bn di hundi it doesn’t matter if you are married or not so not a problem you can fill as single
Hi There

i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

My passport doent have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.

How did you proceed with PCC - can we just say single ? Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in canada.
Will it create any problem with PR process / PCC ?

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

How did you go about it. Can u please advise. - really stressed cos of this.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
One of my friend is also in same situation as her parents doesn’t know and she applied as single and got her pcc. Did you apply or not yet
Hi There

i have the same problem - i got married but my parents dont know about it. And i dont want them to know as well :

My passport doent have my spouse name and our marriage is not registered in India as well - we had got married out side India.

How did you proceed with PCC - can we just say single ? Does BLS check as well - my spouse is on open spouse work permit in canada.

Any idea if the police ask about marriage / spouse as well when PCC goes for verification.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi There

You can mention single in PCC, they don’t really check anything regarding spouse. If you put married they will ask for Marriage Certificate. No harm in mentioning single .

Jul 15, 2023
Hi There

Hey did you get your pcc as single because I’m in the same situation as you please reply if you can
thank you

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hey did you get your pcc as single because I’m in the same situation as you please reply if you can
thank you
No I didn’t apply as single. I researched a lot it’s not worth to apply as single - it’s can screw up ur pr process so better not to take a chance

I applied as married
Bls didn’t ask for marriage certificate
When the police man went to my home he didn’t say anything about me being married

but the one who went to my wife’s place he did ask her parents if she was married so it created a scene lol

Jul 15, 2023
You can mention single in PCC, they don’t really check anything regarding spouse. If you put married they will ask for Marriage Certificate. No harm in mentioning single .
Hi im in the same situation as my parents dont know about our marriage and i have to apply for pcc
Can we both apply as single ? Is it create any problem in future or pr process.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi im in the same situation as my parents dont know about our marriage and i have to apply for pcc
Can we both apply as single ? Is it create any problem in future or pr process.
No - you should not apply as SINGLE - sometimes IRCC does check with the constellate as part of PR process and if they do - you will be in trouble.

I had the same problem so researched a lot.

I ended up applying as married. I will advise to apply as married and dont risk it.

PS - BLS didnt ask for marriage certificate n all. Both of us went for a in person appointment at BLS Brampton to apply for PCC

We only need to give one address proof of local indian addresss - passport , aadhar card etc . I had given aadhar card.

I wont suggest sending the docs over courier.

Jul 15, 2023
No - you should not apply as SINGLE - sometimes IRCC does check with the constellate as part of PR process and if they do - you will be in trouble.

I had the same problem so researched a lot.

I ended up applying as married. I will advise to apply as married and dont risk it.

PS - BLS didnt ask for marriage certificate n all. Both of us went for a in person appointment at BLS Brampton to apply for PCC

We only need to give one address proof of local indian addresss - passport , aadhar card etc . I had given aadhar card.

I wont suggest sending the docs over courier.
I dont want that our parents will know about our marriage. Otherwise i will be in trouble
So what should i do

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I dont want that our parents will know about our marriage. Otherwise i will be in trouble
So what should i do
  1. is your marriage registered somewhere ?
  2. Have you added her as wife in your EE profile ?
if yes to any of the above questions - you dont have a choice - you have to apply as Married

Now - parents going to know etc etc - it depends on your luck - but the police man going to your home may ask about the marital status.
In my case - the police man did verify the marital status
you can ask some cousin / friend to manage if possible -

mayb just tell your parents about it and be done with it once and for all - thats what i did !

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
  1. is your marriage registered somewhere ?
  2. Have you added her as wife in your EE profile ?
if yes to any of the above questions - you dont have a choice - you have to apply as Married

Now - parents going to know etc etc - it depends on your luck - but the police man going to your home may ask about the marital status.
In my case - the police man did verify the marital status
you can ask some cousin / friend to manage if possible -

mayb just tell your parents about it and be done with it once and for all - thats what i did !
If you want to explain you my exp - drop me a DM and i can call you up.