+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

gujjar

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
hello ohcanadiana and other seniors,
I am an old member of this forum, never sent any inquiry but now I have one. I got approval from Nova Scotia on 30th May 2010, they gave me 120 days to send full application. I will send it in a few days. Now my consultant saying that:
1- I have to pay another draft of Can$490/- with this application.
2- If you people say "yes its is true", then plz let me know this Can$490/ is per head or $490 is for all family?
Seniors plz let me know with ur experience
regards,

zint

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 31-01-2012
Helo !

i am new in this forum i just applied for FSW1 at CIO Sydney under new policy which was launched on 26/6/10 there lot of confusion i still have in my mind about documents check list because now the CIO ask for both the CIO and London check list docs. there are lot of confusion about the formats of supporting documents, the CIO says do not send originals but on the other hand the london visa office specific doc checklist ask for lot of originals like birth cert. marriage cert. and originals transcript.

i there anyone have information regarding this issue
thanks .

SCUS

Aug 11, 2010
Hello!

I am preparing all docs to apply under the new system & have few questions if anyone can answer them..

Is it necessary to submit the original transcripts? can I notarize all my transcripts & send them?? & for work experience letters will I need to submit my spouse references also or just mine (principle applicant) is OK.

I am residing in US for past 4yrs so will I need to submit PCC from US & my home country (India) ?? or just US is fine?

Thanks!

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
gujjar said:
hello ohcanadiana and other seniors,
I am an old member of this forum, never sent any inquiry but now I have one. I got approval from Nova Scotia on 30th May 2010, they gave me 120 days to send full application. I will send it in a few days. Now my consultant saying that:
1- I have to pay another draft of Can$490/- with this application.
2- If you people say "yes its is true", then plz let me know this Can$490/ is per head or $490 is for all family?
Seniors plz let me know with ur experience
regards,
Hi gujjar,

Yup, you need to pay for this. This is called a Landing Fee. I believe it's per head. Exempted are those below 18 years old.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
zint said:
Helo !

i am new in this forum i just applied for FSW1 at CIO Sydney under new policy which was launched on 26/6/10 there lot of confusion i still have in my mind about documents check list because now the CIO ask for both the CIO and London check list docs. there are lot of confusion about the formats of supporting documents, the CIO says do not send originals but on the other hand the london visa office specific doc checklist ask for lot of originals like birth cert. marriage cert. and originals transcript.

thanks .
Does your checklist says something like "if there is a conflict with other documents, this document will take precedence."? If so, then you need to follow what is said on the VO checklist.

R

rajeev107

PLs help me.
i am working in singapore for 5 years.In application whether I have to put VISA OFFICE as singapore or INDIA.?Which one is good for faster processing of FSW? my noc is 3152.
Anyone can suggest?

nig

Aug 8, 2010
I am new to this forum.I was lost sofar and after finding this forum am finding direction.l find information on CIC website confusing.I need urgent help.I have lot of doubts but the main one first.
I am a Dermatologist with 10yrs of paid working experience.I been accepted for fellowship at UBC which is self funded for 1yr starting from july 2011.They are planning to arrange a temporary work permit.I was already planning to apply for PR but now that i am accepted as a fellow for next year I am confused if I should apply or not.Will it affect adversely my plans.I don't want to lose this time and wait and apply next year,if i can travel on immg. visa my stay there will be counted for PR eligibility.
I am booked for ielts on 25sept.I had already paid for it.What should I do.Apply for immigration now or wait.By the time my application will be ready it will be oct.Do I stand a chance to get immg. visa latest by early june 2011.I spoke to lawyer and according to him I should apply as soon as possible and when work permit comes i can inform CIC.My visa office is in london.
Kindly give your advice.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Hi Manish,

Please visit this link and provide your details for all of us to connect with :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status-t49421.0.html

This is the place where all applicants post 26/6 are sharing their statuses and sharing information helpful to others :) Also we will be able to track the number of applicants per NOCs to have an idea of the 1000/20000 cap !

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

nig

Aug 8, 2010
I need urgent help from you.I have been accepted for fellowship at UBC(self funded) starting july 2011.I was preparing to apply for immg. under noc 3112 booked for ielts on25sept.Now with this fellowship I am confused as to apply for PR now or wait.I don't want immg. affect my fellowship plan.Will they refuse me visa if my immg. is still under process when it is time for fellowship.I wish I could work on both simultaneously. I taked to lawyer according to him I have good chance to go on immg visa and I should apply asap.When fellowship papers are ready I can inform immg.
Please guide me.
Thanks

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
zint said:
Helo !

thanks .
Hi zint,

My latest understanding is we submit originals. However, please do not send originals of birth certificates or other documents (sorry, but I want to make it explicit), make notarized copies, translate them if not in English, and these would become originals.

Docs to be sent in original are IELTS score and other docs created/produced specifically for purposes of application (valuation of your property if you don't mind sending one and can obtain its copy).

brill

Dec 11, 2009
Coffee said:
Hi zint,

My latest understanding is we submit originals. However, please do not send originals of birth certificates or other documents (sorry, but I want to make it explicit), make notarized copies, translate them if not in English, and these would become originals.

Docs to be sent in original are IELTS score and other docs created/produced specifically for purposes of application (valuation of your property if you don't mind sending one and can obtain its copy).
Hi guys,
Two months back I withdrew my application ,but didn't got any reply.Now I want to file my new full application pacakage to CIO ,but what to do?Can I apply now or wait for withdrawal reply from CHC London?
Secondly,I got my IELTS result today
Listening 7
Reading 6
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5
Overall Band 6.5
I am applying in NOC 3112,so what do you think will this Ielts result make problem for my immigration as a doctor?or it is fine to apply?I am getting 67 marks with this Ielts result?
Guide me..................

GaretJax

Jul 27, 2010
hi everyone, i'm planning to file my application by end of this month? I would like to know if anyone here has submitted their application under the new rule. perhaps you guys can give us some advise.

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
GaretJax said:
hi everyone, i'm planning to file my application by end of this month? I would like to know if anyone here has submitted their application under the new rule. perhaps you guys can give us some advise.
There are quite a few post 26/6 threads, where you would be able to get some clarification, but this would be the most active - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status-t49421.120.html.

Cheers and good luck

ramgupta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/10
Doc's Request.
PCC request 12/04/11 Dispatched 15/05/11
AOR Received.
10/12/10 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
10/06/2011
Med's Done....
03/07/2011
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
Recd 20.09.11
VISA ISSUED...
Recd 20.10.11
LANDED..........
20. 12. 2011
Hi Everyone, my Canadian Immigration Consultant (here in Abu Dhabi) has just advised me, that as of July 2010, again there is a change in rule and we DO NOT need to send the police clearance certificate to CIO with initial application. However, once your application is put under processing, you would be requested to submit the PCC.

Do you guys have the same info ?? Because for the last one month, I have been running around trying to get PCCs organized, and everyone here on the forum has been saying, that PCC HAS to be submitted

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
ramgupta said:
Hi Everyone, my Canadian Immigration Consultant (here in Abu Dhabi) has just advised me, that as of July 2010, again there is a change in rule and we DO NOT need to send the police clearance certificate to CIO with initial application. However, once your application is put under processing, you would be requested to submit the PCC.

Do you guys have the same info ?? Because for the last one month, I have been running around trying to get PCCs organized, and everyone here on the forum has been saying, that PCC HAS to be submitted
This issue has already been discussed on this thread that we dont need to submit PCC to CIO. For further details, see
Application guide IMM EG7000 (07-2010), page 39. It says that

"Do not submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your application is placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application"