+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
Do I need to send two sets of forms - 1 for CIO and another for visa specific office?

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, as per my understamding one form would be retained at CIO and another would come to VO.

There is no harm by above, if they do not require two copy they may not use. But if we send one and they require two then it is a application return

nursemich said:
Do I need to send two sets of forms - 1 for CIO and another for visa specific office?

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
Re: IELTS Academic

I got my IELTS (academic) result yesterday. Im satisfied with the scores. Actually i took the test for my CGFNS Certificate application. Now Im interested in applying for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Visa, can I use the ILETS academic to satisfy the language test requirement of that visa? I think it's a waste of my hard earned money if i will sit for the general training test if the academic is also acceptable for this type of visa...any thoughts or insights on this?

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

psychnars said:
I got my IELTS (academic) result yesterday. Im satisfied with the scores. Actually i took the test for my CGFNS Certificate application. Now Im interested in applying for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Visa, can I use the ILETS academic to satisfy the language test requirement of that visa? I think it's a waste of my hard earned money if i will sit for the general training test if the academic is also acceptable for this type of visa...any thoughts or insights on this?
Unfortunately only the ‘General Training’ tests are
accepted for CIC purposes. So, u have to do it again.

ramgupta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/10
Doc's Request.
PCC request 12/04/11 Dispatched 15/05/11
AOR Received.
10/12/10 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
10/06/2011
Med's Done....
03/07/2011
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
Recd 20.09.11
VISA ISSUED...
Recd 20.10.11
LANDED..........
20. 12. 2011
Dear Immigration Gurus, after running up and down collecting documents,I have finally dispatched my file to CIO yesterday under NOC 1122.
Keeping in mind the the cap of 1000 applications (successful ones I believe), by all of your experience do you think the cap is already reached ??

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know.

no one knows when would CAP over, no system for people applying

ramgupta said:
Dear Immigration Gurus, after running up and down collecting documents,I have finally dispatched my file to CIO yesterday under NOC 1122.
Keeping in mind the the cap of 1000 applications (successful ones I believe), by all of your experience do you think the cap is already reached ??

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Please someone advice whether to send PCC now with the initial application or not??? I have prepared all other documents, only one PCC remaining and if I wait for it, my application would delay up to a week. Keeping in mind the 1000 cap, should I wait for my PCC or apply without it as per new EG7 (do not send PCC to CIO at this stage!!)
Pls pls someone advice!!!
OhCanadiana???

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Dear ohcanadiana,
Do we need to send two sets of forms to CIO - 1 for CIO and another for visa specific office?

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
ammaartahir said:
Please someone advice whether to send PCC now with the initial application or not??? I have prepared all other documents, only one PCC remaining and if I wait for it, my application would delay up to a week. Keeping in mind the 1000 cap, should I wait for my PCC or apply without it as per new EG7 (do not send PCC to CIO at this stage!!)
OhCanadiana???
I think in EG7 (July Edition), it is clearly written "Do not submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your application is placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application".

so you need not to send PCC now. i suggest u to send ur application as soon as possible if rest of the doc are ready. Ofcourse OhCanadiana can better guide u.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012

psychnars said:
Sorry dude, sit for GT ASAP

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Dr.Hasib said:
Dear ohcanadiana,
Do we need to send two sets of forms to CIO - 1 for CIO and another for visa specific office?
Same question... pls pls answer someone pls... gonna launch application in a couple of days!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
Dear ohcanadiana,
ammaartahir said:
Same question... pls pls answer someone pls... gonna launch application in a couple of days!
nursemich said:

Hi everyone!

You only should need to send ONE set of forms to the CIO (including everything requested on the CIO checklist and the Visa Office checklist ... except perhaps the PCC depending on the date you are applying and the instructions that are relevant to your case). If your application is approved, they will then forward your application to the visa office.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

psychnars said:
Unfortunately, while there was a short period of time that both the academic and general versions of the IELTS were accepted (per OP-6) that is no longer the case. For FSW immigration purposes, only the general version is acceptable.

The good news is that you're familiar with most of the exam - watch out for the reading and writing sections, though, since the styles are very different so it's worth practicing those. Good luck, and please don't kill the messenger!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ammaartahir said:
OhCanadiana???
immigrantapplicant said:
I think in EG7 (July Edition), it is clearly written "Do not submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your application is placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application".

so you need not to send PCC now. i suggest u to send ur application as soon as possible if rest of the doc are ready. Ofcourse OhCanadiana can better guide u.
ammaartahir - take a look at my post below:

OhCanadiana said:
These are interesting questions in light of the various changes to the instructions since June 26. First, the facts:
- The latest instructions indicate that PCC should NOT be sent to the CIO
- The latest instructions also indicate all documents should be sent to the CIO (and do not acknowledge an exception for PCCs where those instructions are)
- The latest OP6 indicates the CIO should check for all documents in the application before deeming it eligible for processing
- Visa officers and any other staff that may check applications are human beings, prone to errors and confusion just like the rest of us
- As of June 26 there are annual caps in place (1000 applications per NOC code, 20,000 applications for non-AEO FSW total)

Given the annual caps, the risk of delaying one's application or of having it sent back are high, meaning that one may not be eligible to apply until next year (and then depending on whether/how the rules change again...)

Without really understanding the specifics of anyone's situation I can't really give you advice, but one thing to consider is to think about your specific situation as you make your own decisions.

Example 1: if one has a police certificate already or can get it before all the other documents are ready (perhaps one has already been waiting for it before sending the application in to the CIO or you are lucky enough to be able to get one quickly) then the worst that happens if you send the PCC to the CIO - unnecessarily, perhaps - is that the CIC eventually asks you to send another one in to the visa office. Ok, that would mean more paperwork but also that your application has already been processed and you are in the system. You made it in under the caps and avoided the risk that the application be sent back because somewhere along the way someone thought it did need to be sent in. After sending the application in you can get another PCC so that if/when you need to send it to the visa office you have one that is less than 3 months old at the time the visa office gets it. Minimum risk, maximum benefit (albeit with extra effort for an extra PCC).

A twist would be to send a certified copy of the PCC to show one has it and show the application is somewhat complete and add a note that you'll send it to the visa office when requested, per the latest instructions in EG7000. This twist makes sense if you assume you can get the PCC to the visa office within the 3 months since it was issued (since per the new instructions it has to be received by the visa office within 3 months of its issue date)

Example 2: one does not yet have a police certificate and is just applying for it. Say one needs an FBI PCC because one lived in the US for 6 months after 18 years of age. That means it will take 13 weeks to get it back. In 13 weeks the CIO may receive many applications and some caps may be reached (nobody knows this for sure but it is likely a valid fear). Therefore, here it may be worth sending the application in without the PCC, explaining very clearly on the checklists that the newest instructions state that one should not send the PCC to the CIO and therefore one will submit it upon request. This way, you hopefully get your application in before the caps fill up if there's no confusion about whether you actually needed to send the PCCs or not (given the changing rules and human element involved). In the meantime, you work diligently to have the PCC in time to submit it to the visa office.

Anyway, that's just one way of thinking through the options.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgupta said:
Congratulations on submitting your documents. It's unclear whether the cap has been reached ... unfortunately, we have no way of knowing how many applications have been received (or accepted as eligible for processing) by the CIO. Hopefully, you'll make it in under the caps!