+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Several people have mentioned that this thread has been very helpful to them (thanks - I'm glad it was!). I appreciate that it was made a sticky and that we've had a good discussion. It's gradually been turning into more of a general question thread spanning several periods of applications and instructions. Given that there have been several changes in recent months this can get confusing, especially for newer folks.

As context, there's been 4 distinct applicant periods with their own twist to the rules:
* Pre-April 10 2010 applicants: 38 NOC codes, simplified application still in effect, applicants had 120 days to submit all documents to their visa office once the application had been reviewed by the CIO and referred to the Visa Office. Maaties' thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html covers the post 2008 to pre-April 10 2010 process.
* April 10 2010 – per announcement on March 10 2010, Proof of Language ability had to be sent to the CIO at the time of initial application (test results or written submission) (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp)
* June 26 2010 – new Ministerial Instructions issued defining 29 NOC codes in demand as a result of which several instructions changed in significant ways – summarized in the first post of this thread @ http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg331057#msg331057 (including: all documents in the Visa Office checklist had to be sent to the CIO, all applicants had to submit language test results to the CIO)
* August 4 2010 – new FSW applicant instructions (IMM EG7000) and operational manual (OP6) issued with several changes (e.g., EG7000 indicates Police Certificates should NOT be sent to the CIO and instead to the Visa Office and must be issued 3 months prior to receipt by the Visa Office, applicants need to rank NOCs they qualify under in preferential order, PCCs have 1 year stated validity). These changes were briefly mentioned in this thread (posts around http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg375776#msg375776) and a specific discussion was initiated at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t49610.0.html

This thread initially served to notify folks of the major changes that occurred on June 26 2010. Then on August 4 this thread announced rule changes.

Posts have been moving into more of a mish-mash of information across different periods so pay attention to what information is actually relevant for your case (as you always should, of course, but hopefully the structure above helps new folks understand some of the history and where they fit in and why information seems to be changing so fast).

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
thanks for your reply. i appreciate that. and thanks for the advice.

OhCanadiana said:
Unfortunately, while there was a short period of time that both the academic and general versions of the IELTS were accepted (per OP-6) that is no longer the case. For FSW immigration purposes, only the general version is acceptable.

The good news is that you're familiar with most of the exam - watch out for the reading and writing sections, though, since the styles are very different so it's worth practicing those. Good luck, and please don't kill the messenger!

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
sorry, i've got another question to ask. I lived in australia from 2003-2005. Now, my problem is how to get a PCC with my fingerprints on it if i request it via the australian police website (electronically). Does the canadian visa officer require a pcc with the applicant's fingerprints on it?

psychnars said:
thanks for your reply. i appreciate that. and thanks for the advice.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
psychnars said:
sorry, i've got another question to ask. I lived in australia from 2003-2005. Now, my problem is how to get a PCC with my fingerprints on it if i request it via the australian police website (electronically). Does the canadian visa officer require a pcc with the applicant's fingerprints on it?
You need to submit the documents in the format outlined by the CIC (they know what the reports look like - some have fingerprints others don't). For Australia, the instructions are available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
OhCanadiana!!! What a great summation of the recent changes. Am sure all those dashing to submit their applications right now will appreciate your hard work....once again! +1 well earned! Cheers

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Hi OhCanadina/Pippin

My mother changed her name completely after marriage .. e.g. from Sunita Kumari to
Vaneeta Chohan... so now in the Schedule 1 - Background declaration...question 8 - personal details of mother
what should be her give name and family name at birth?

Her passport shows her give name as Vaneeta Chohan... and surname as empty...

should i just put it this way
family name at birth- empty
given name- Vaneeta Chohan...

OR

family name at birth- kumari

where should i mention here maiden name? or should i mention it at all ?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
avi_15 said:
Hi OhCanadina/Pippin

My mother changed her name completely after marriage .. e.g. from Sunita Kumari to
Vaneeta Chohan... so now in the Schedule 1 - Background declaration...question 8 - personal details of mother

Her passport shows her give name as Vaneeta Chohan... and surname as empty.....
I think Chohan should be her family name since passport shows her name is Vaneeta Chohan. However, if her passport had devided her name into surname and given name section, then keep it blank as it is shown in passport.

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
I know that the question that I'm going to ask has been asked before, but I couldn't locate the thread. So here it is:

Do I need to send the original of the following for the initial application?:
employment certificate
birth certificate, marriage certificate
certificate of bank deposits

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
nursemich said:
I know that the question that I'm going to ask has been asked before, but I couldn't locate the thread. So here it is:

Do I need to send the original of the following for the initial application?:
employment certificate
birth certificate, marriage certificate
certificate of bank deposits
employment certificate --original
certificate of bank deposits --original
Birth certificate, marriage certificate-- Notarized translation if not in english otherwise Notarized Photocopy

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
avi_15 said:
Hi OhCanadina/Pippin

Her passport shows her give name as Vaneeta Chohan... and surname as empty...

should i just put it this way
family name at birth- empty

OR

family name at birth- kumari

where should i mention here maiden name? or should i mention it at all ?
seniors pls advise

SCUS

Aug 11, 2010
immigrantapplicant said:
employment certificate --original
certificate of bank deposits --original
Birth certificate, marriage certificate-- Notarized translation if not in english otherwise Notarized Photocopy
I was told (in US) that they will not notarize marriage certificate... I am planning to send a plain COPY. Will that be a problem??

D

drgladiator

Hello Forum,
I am new to this forum, which looks great...i wish i had found this forum earlier...

I despatched my FWS application package on 4th august , which was delivered to CIO,NS on 10th ...

my central point of query is----CIO has asked ONLY copies of alll documents mentioned on new delhi visa specific checklist...But i have sent all ORIGINAL new delhi VO checklisted documents(that is ORIGINAL PCC+ORIGINAL experience xertificate+ORIGINAL typed application forms etc etc).....
MY POINT IS that I doNOT have any ORIGINAL application form/document/certificate(New Delhi VO specific sent to CIO,NS) in my possession which i can send to VO,New Delhi when it will be required in 2-3 months time....
shud i request CIO to return my ORIGINAL New Delhi VO specfific package & shud i send photocopies of New Delhi VO checklist required documents to CIO?
will CIO accept these and return the ORIGINAL VO specfifc docs now?

and MOST IMPORTANT--- has sending ORIGINAL new DElhi VO specific checklisted documents/application forms rendered my FSW applicaion as rejected????

Forum seniors pls reply asap..
thanks

D

drgladiator

and one more thing----CIO checklist asks copies of new dehi VO required documents....do we need NOTARISED COPIES for CIO ?

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What all orioginals you have sent

1. Experience certificate - original was required
Employment contract - Notorised copy was required
2. IELTS - Original was required
3. Passport copy - Hope you have not sent
4. Marriage Cerificate + Date of birth - Notorised was required
5. Transcripts in University sealed env- original was required
6. POF - I do not know what you have sent, if it is bank statement or letter does not matter as you may get this again
7. PCC - was required in original till 3 Aug 2010 rule, i debate is still on if required now or not

Do not worry wait for AOR, you may arrange another copy of PCC when you get letter from VO.

If you write to withdraw your letter do not think it is a one day job...it may take months for you to get documents back

Hope it helps

drgladiator said:
Hello Forum,
I am new to this forum, which looks great...i wish i had found this forum earlier...

I despatched my FWS application package on 4th august , which was delivered to CIO,NS on 10th ...

my central point of query is----CIO has asked ONLY copies of alll documents mentioned on new delhi visa specific checklist...But i have sent all ORIGINAL new delhi VO checklisted documents(that is ORIGINAL PCC+ORIGINAL experience xertificate+ORIGINAL typed application forms etc etc).....
MY POINT IS that I doNOT have any ORIGINAL application form/document/certificate(New Delhi VO specific sent to CIO,NS) in my possession which i can send to VO,New Delhi when it will be required in 2-3 months time....
shud i request CIO to return my ORIGINAL New Delhi VO specfific package & shud i send photocopies of New Delhi VO checklist required documents to CIO?
will CIO accept these and return the ORIGINAL VO specfifc docs now?

and MOST IMPORTANT--- has sending ORIGINAL new DElhi VO specific checklisted documents/application forms rendered my FSW applicaion as rejected????

Forum seniors pls reply asap..
thanks

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
I need to ask a few questions. am still collecting documents.

will tenth CBSE certificate do for birth certificate?

if my college doesnt make provision for original transcripts what do I do?

what do I have to submit as proof of name change if my passport and professional qualifications are in diffferent names?