+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
can someone also please tell me how to save the fillable forms so that they stay fillable ?

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
university transcript is a summary of all years marks on a single sheet. regarding sealing they put inside a envelop and put rubber stamps after pasting all opening. you should not open it.

talk to your university, they know it. University usually charge money for issuing it.

deex said:
this jargon is beyond me!

Original Transcripts in the university sealed envelopes

am confused ....what does this mean?

transcripts from the college which have a university seal on them? or seal on the envelop?
or is the envelop sealed - not opened like some people are interpreting it???

cheers!

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
Dr.Hasib said:
Following things should be original:
-Police Clearance Certificates
- Original Transcripts in the university sealed envelopes
- Letters of Reference from the employer
- IELTS' result card
However, u do not need to send PCC to CIO.
Is original transcript required in initial application?

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Dr.Hasib said:
- IELTS' result card
Dear Dr. Hasib, but in the VO-specific checklist, Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificates are also specifically written to sent ORIGINAL... Should we send them original or not?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
OhCanadiana!!! What a great summation of the recent changes. Am sure all those dashing to submit their applications right now will appreciate your hard work....once again! +1 well earned! Cheers
Thank you, Pippin :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nursemich said:
Are there any other specifications regarding photos to be submitter other than the specified size? i.e. no jewelries, not smiling, etc.. I am about to send my documents including the picture, my photo was take with a smile, is it ok?
Yes, there are very specific requirements for the photos. Usually the visa office checklist has a page dedicated to the specifications toward the end in one of the appendices.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ammaartahir said:
Dear all,

Could someone tell me which documents to be sent in original for the application after 26/6??? Are the following documents needed in original or any other is required as well:

- Police Clearance Certificates
- Birth Certificates for me and my spouse
- Original Nikkah Nama (Marriage Certificate)
- IELTS' result card
- Bank Certification Letters

Some one told me they also sent their original Degrees during the 120 days' period (as per previous immigration rules). So should I also send them or not?? In addition to the above, please tell me what else should be sent in original??
Thanks in advance!
You need to send all the documents in the format requested by the Visa Office checklist -- it actually varies between offices. After June 26 2010 they have removed the 120 day period (per the Backgrounder published just after the newest Ministerial Instructions were issued).

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deex said:
can someone also please tell me how to save the fillable forms so that they stay fillable ?
Download the form to your computer, save it and then complete it. It will stay fillable and you can save it too.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deex said:
thanks Dr Hasib
nowhere do the guidelines say that General training IELTS is to be taken. i have academic module results already .are you sure about GT?

I'll contact my college/ university for transcripts.
For IELTS, you can see @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp that they only provide reading & writing points for general version of the IELTS and also on p.3 of http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
OhCanadiana said:
You need to send all the documents in the format requested by the Visa Office checklist -- it actually varies between offices. After June 26 2010 they have removed the 120 day period (per the Backgrounder published just after the newest Ministerial Instructions were issued).
Thanks OhCanadiana! :)

Shreeram

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deex said:
Use Acrobat 7 Professional... then only it will save the INformation filled... But be aware that post 26th July some forms require AAcrobat Version 8 or higher.. but it still can be opened with Professional 7..

Merme

Aug 24, 2010
Hi!

I hope someone can tell me, if I should send a copy of my working visa (TN Type for working in the US) that still has one year and half validity,but that I'm not working with that company anymore since January (I'm unemployed). Would that be seen as something I shouldn't be doing? or I shouldn't worry about that, as I'm providing proof that when I was working in the US I had my permit.

BTW I haven't canceled my visa because the company still wants me to come back to work for them but they are still working to turn things around so they could be able to hire me again.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Merme.

P.S. I'm from Mexico.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Dear ohcanadiana,
In booklet op6 it is mentioned that "a signed statement to the effect that the information provided is complete and accurate" is required.
what does it mean? how should i provide them this document? Should i have to write down a statement and then notarized it by a notary public just like statutory declaration?

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
- IELTS' result card
But the check list of CIO reads:
Other documents (to be submitted to CIO by all applicants).
Gather and submit all the documents listed on both checklists
Under FORMAT column, it reads copy (should be sent to CIO) ?