+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
Oct 3rd 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nov 11th 2011
Med's Request
July 26th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 20
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
July 26 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Since 31st Dec, 2012 :)
My husband alone applied for canadian immigration in Dec 2005 through the WWICS, India. I am a Student in a Canadian University ( for the past 1 year)and my kids are here as my dependents. Now that my husbands immigration is due, they have asked to submit the visa fees for family. I am planning to apply in this Oct as I belong to the Biology teacher category. Do you think it will be good to apply on my own and just my husband processing his application at this point. Kindly advice.

arif.alam

Jul 19, 2010
Dear all,
I am very new here, actually i was prepared for applying for immigration to canada, but the rules is changed.
can any one here tell me what is SINP and how to apply detail.
you can send me some link so i can get some idea from there.

Regards

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Dear Ohcanadian,
CIO is saying that not to send PCC to them in the initial stage but on the other hand they do need visa office documents as well and in the visa office (singapore) checklist it is clearly mentioned that PCC should be submitted..
Now what to do?

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
Hi OhCanadiana and Pippin.

I just sent my docs via dhl courier. Hoping for the best ;)

Again, thank you so much!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avi_15 said:
thanks for the reply OhCanadiana
so that means only PCC will needs to be sent later to the CIO.. all the rest documents need to be sent along with the application..
this is a change from what was mentioned/being followed earlier.. am i correct?
pls confirm
Dr.Hasib said:
Dear Ohcanadian,
CIO is saying that not to send PCC to them in the initial stage but on the other hand they do need visa office documents as well and in the visa office (singapore) checklist it is clearly mentioned that PCC should be submitted..
Now what to do?

These are interesting questions in light of the various changes to the instructions since June 26. First, the facts:
- The latest instructions indicate that PCC should NOT be sent to the CIO
- The latest instructions also indicate all documents should be sent to the CIO (and do not acknowledge an exception for PCCs where those instructions are)
- The latest OP6 indicates the CIO should check for all documents in the application before deeming it eligible for processing
- Visa officers and any other staff that may check applications are human beings, prone to errors and confusion just like the rest of us
- As of June 26 there are annual caps in place (1000 applications per NOC code, 20,000 applications for non-AEO FSW total)

Given the annual caps, the risk of delaying one's application or of having it sent back are high, meaning that one may not be eligible to apply until next year (and then depending on whether/how the rules change again...)

Without really understanding the specifics of anyone's situation I can't really give you advice, but one thing to consider is to think about your specific situation as you make your own decisions.

Example 1: if one has a police certificate already or can get it before all the other documents are ready (perhaps one has already been waiting for it before sending the application in to the CIO or you are lucky enough to be able to get one quickly) then the worst that happens if you send the PCC to the CIO - unnecessarily, perhaps - is that the CIC eventually asks you to send another one in to the visa office. Ok, that would mean more paperwork but also that your application has already been processed and you are in the system. You made it in under the caps and avoided the risk that the application be sent back because somewhere along the way someone thought it did need to be sent in. After sending the application in you can get another PCC so that if/when you need to send it to the visa office you have one that is less than 3 months old at the time the visa office gets it. Minimum risk, maximum benefit (albeit with extra effort for an extra PCC).

A twist would be to send a certified copy of the PCC to show one has it and show the application is somewhat complete and add a note that you’ll send it to the visa office when requested, per the latest instructions in EG7000. This twist makes sense if you assume you can get the PCC to the visa office within the 3 months since it was issued (since per the new instructions it has to be received by the visa office within 3 months of its issue date)

Example 2: one does not yet have a police certificate and is just applying for it. Say one needs an FBI PCC because one lived in the US for 6 months after 18 years of age. That means it will take 13 weeks to get it back. In 13 weeks the CIO may receive many applications and some caps may be reached (nobody knows this for sure but it is likely a valid fear). Therefore, here it may be worth sending the application in without the PCC, explaining very clearly on the checklists that the newest instructions state that one should not send the PCC to the CIO and therefore one will submit it upon request. This way, you hopefully get your application in before the caps fill up if there’s no confusion about whether you actually needed to send the PCCs or not (given the changing rules and human element involved). In the meantime, you work diligently to have the PCC in time to submit it to the visa office.

Anyway, that’s just one way of thinking through the options.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are welcome. I was happy to help - and it was nice to also see when you passed on the knowledge you've gotten to others here :)

blueray333 said:
Thanks so much OhCanadiana!

I have already placed the documents on an envelope, not yet sealed :) I'll be sealing it once I get to DHL today :)

Haha. actually, I was a bit serious in regards to throwing away the PCC if not needed. After reading your comment, I will do just as you suggested, better than telling CIO Staff to throw it away.

I just hope that quota is still not closed, and all documents are in order :)

I would also like to say thank you again OhCanadiana. And, I won't forget about Pippin. Pippin, you have been a big help too, you and OhCanadian. I still have a smile on my face whenever I read through your comment when I asked for your thoughts :) haha

Pippin said:
Congratulations, blueray. Doesn't it feel GOOD? But what a process!!! Cheers - here's to success.
I second that - good luck, blueray333! May everything go smoothly. And - keep us posted on developments ... we're now in it with you ;)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
Pippin said:
Congratulations, blueray. Doesn't it feel GOOD? But what a process!!! Cheers - here's to success.
Right you are! Now, I will be on waiting mode, to see if they return my package or not :)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
OhCanadiana said:
You are welcome. I was happy to help - and it was nice to also see when you passed on the knowledge you've gotten to others here :)

I second that - good luck, blueray333! May everything go smoothly. And - keep us posted on developments ... we're now in it with you ;)
Sure thing OnCanadiana :)

gcardozo

Aug 7, 2010
Hello. I plan to apply using Skilled Worker application for permanent resident and had a question regarding the proof of language proficiency (English language)

I have a Masters degree from USA university and have answered the TOEFL exam (for English proficeincy) and GMAT exam in 2005. I would like to know whether I would still be required to take a new exam since my last exam was taken more than 1 year ago. I have worked in USA and would like to know whether this requirement could be waived in my Skilled Worker application for permanent resident.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am an Indian national.
Thanks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
IELTS is valid for 12 months and now appears to be mandatory for everyone. The ORIGINAL marks must be sent to CIO with the initial application. There have been many changes, including a new NOC list of 29 professions, since 26 June 2010. More minor adjustments were announced this past week. Check for updates regularly and Good Luck.

manshriram

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
1) Check your visa office specific instructions. Most visa offices just ask for a photocopy of the biographical page of the passport, but some people have said they need to send the whole passport and notarize it so there may be some that ask for that. Best to go to the source
2) No - you don't need a new contract. The one you have should be fine (since it is the one dictating your work situation).
3) If you saying you will show all 10 including joint ones, that should be alright as long as you have access to the joint funds and can use them and you can get a statement from your parents to that effect if needbe then I would guess they count as your funds - but please check the details of your visa office again here also.

Good luck!

THANKS for your comments.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Hey Manish,

By the way, you are applying under 2151 right? me too. Please could you share your application stages @

applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status thread?

This is the link for all applicants post 26/6 to share and track their NOCs.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
i have Academic module of IELTS. my category is Registered nurse. will it work

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
Raj chandigarh said:
i have Academic module of IELTS. my category is Registered nurse. will it work
I believe what is required for IELTS is General Module.