yea, this or next week maybe. 8)

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
yea, this or next week maybe. 8)
I doubt it. McCallum is doing a tour in India, so I'm not sure if they will announce new changes without him here, to do interview and stuff.

ballo

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
06/10/2017
You might be wrong here because John has opinion that he wants to speed up immigration for students such as China and India and being in India makes it a potential for a big announcement.

However, I am from Pakistan and I hope any announcement is not biased for or against any particular country and all international students are affected positively.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
I doubt it. McCallum is doing a tour in India, so I'm not sure if they will announce new changes without him here, to do interview and stuff.
oh boy, i guess we have wait then.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ballo said:
You might be wrong here because John has opinion that he wants to speed up immigration for students such as China and India and being in India makes it a potential for a big announcement.

However, I am from Pakistan and I hope any announcement is not biased for or against any particular country and all international students are affected positively.
good point... ::)

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ballo said:

I meant we might have to wait until he's done with his tour for the new changes to be officially announced.

Of course, there will be no biased to any specific country that we can see, but some lawyers have proved that IRCC, indeed, has a database to blacklist some countries or even regions and cities.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But the announce will be given as some sort of speech first then they will update the immigration website and then by jan 1 you should see your additional point if are supposed to get some, isnt it that way it worked back in january 2015? I think so, not sure

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Nope,hopefully he promised this fall in his previous interviews and giving points to intrntl students also mentioned in 'coming weeks' .

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
But the announce will be given as some sort of speech first then they will update the immigration website and then by jan 1 you should see your additional point if are supposed to get some, isnt it that way it worked back in january 2015? I think so, not sure
I think for Express Entry it would announced in October 2014, to be implemented in January 2015. I'm not sure as I was not following that much at that time. May be someone experienced in this forum can tell us.

I don't think he will mention how much bonus points when he will make the announcement; I have no idea as this is the first time something like that is happening.

May be he meant by announcement that it will be on CIC website, implemented effective immediately with CRS calculator amended.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
I think for Express Entry it would announced in October 2014, to be implemented in January 2015. I'm not sure as I was not following that much at that time. May be someone experienced in this forum can tell us.

I don't think he will mention how much bonus points when he will make the announcement; I have no idea as this is the first time something like that is happening.

May be he meant by announcement that it will be on CIC website, implemented effective immediately with CRS calculator amended.
but. What about international graduates? I think he will have to address them live about EE changes

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sojugeorge_1 said:
This is not like a bill in Parliament. This only need ministers instruction.
True; immigration lawyers said it can happen anytime.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the Mobilité Francophone, was there an announcement live?