Immigration Plan 2017 Points Increase International Students in Express Entry

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sojugeorge_1 said:
Hi guys

Minister's message: cpac.ca/en/programs/scrums/episodes/49296002

The cpac.ca is an official channel for publishing house of commons and senate meetings where you will be updated on news about immigration and everything concerned with Canada politics

Be patient friends we will see the real change possibly before december. I do have my sibling who is a canadian permanent resident.Fingers crossed !!
i have a sibling too. Let's see

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itsmee said:
Thanks for sharing the link!!

At least he confirms about international students getting additional points in 'coming weeks'.
Desperately waiting for coming weeks ;D
he confirms additional points for international students. But for the majority of them, he says the majority of international students will become permanet residents next year,not all of them in the pool, so maybe points will be given based on education level(bachelor,master,phd) with phd getting the highest additional points.

my comments are based on the interview, Thanks for sharing the link!!

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what he already said in the slide "Refocusing Express Entry"; the higher the level of education, the higher bonus points. I think he meant revision of the express entry in the coming weeks and amongst one of the group to be awarded bonus points will be students. Well, that's my speculation. Wait and see.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
That's what he already said in the slide "Refocusing Express Entry"; the higher the level of education, the higher bonus points. I think he meant revision of the express entry in the coming weeks and amongst one of the group to be awarded bonus points will be students. Well, that's my speculation. Wait and see.
yea, during that interview I dont know if you noticed but he even smiled when he was asked about international students like he was pretty happy . like something big, positives things for that group of candidates. I wonder if siblings will get the same treatment or at least close to that. That was my impression of his answer. If you are an international graduate dont give up yet, you could receive the new year with good news.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
yea, during that interview I dont know if you noticed but he even smiled when he was asked about international students like he was pretty happy . like something big, positives things for that group of candidates. I wonder if siblings will get the same treatment or at least close to that. That was my impression of his answer. If you are an international graduate dont give up yet, you could receive the new year with good news.
Thanks but I think it is the other way round. They had no plans for international students until this year in March I believe to award more points. They decided to revise the Express Entry for the sake to give more points for siblings as it was the Liberal's mandate, should they win the election, amongst which they promise good things for international students but which relates only to citizenship.

As they decided to reform the Express Entry for siblings and French, they took this opportunity to reform everything all together. The statement giving additional points for international students became so popular as there are still lots of requests going on by student even though they confirmed this will happen in the Refocusing Express Entry slide.

As myself a former international student with no sibling in Canada, I believe if you have siblings, you will have more chance as this was the Liberal's promise, should they win the election.

So impatient! The confirmation of bonus points in the Refocusing Express Entry slide should have been disclosed now as all excitement has gone, now with impatience and anxiety coming in.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope the modification of Express Entry CRS score calculator soon.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any speculation how much bonus points might be awarded?

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Any speculation how much bonus points might be awarded?
I dont know but to garantee a pathway to permanent recidence to a french speaker or sibling is going to be hard, many of those people are is under 400 points, sounds like a lot of points to be given. Maybe provinces will have their own french streams are sibling stream

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
I dont know but to garantee a pathway to permanent recidence to a french speaker or sibling is going to be hard, many of those people are is under 400 points, sounds like a lot of points to be given. Maybe provinces will have their own french streams are sibling stream
It can be a lot. If you see, lots of points are awarded for first official language and very few for a second official language. The same amount should have been awarded if you have a second official language proficiency.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
It can be a lot. If you see, lots of points are awarded for first official language and very few for a second official language. The same amount should have been awarded if you have a second official language proficiency.
maybe, let's see.

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
The federal government has revised how it assesses applications for permanent residence from former international students and expects to release the changes later this month, bolstered by recommendations from its panel on economic growth that argued this group is key to Canada’s immigration strategy.

Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ottawa-to-revise-how-it-assesses-permanent-residence-applications/article32701307/

Saskatchewan_Regina

Mar 3, 2016
yhome said:
The federal government has revised how it assesses applications for permanent residence from former international students and expects to release the changes later this month, bolstered by recommendations from its panel on economic growth that argued this group is key to Canada’s immigration strategy.

Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ottawa-to-revise-how-it-assesses-permanent-residence-applications/article32701307/
Thank you for sharing the link!
;D

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yhome said:

Source:
Very informative and update link. It also points out many issues with the Express Entry system

Only those international students with skilled jobs or high-paying jobs in Canada before obtaining permanent-residency status had significantly higher earnings than immigrants who were directly admitted from abroad,” wrote Feng Hou, a principal researcher for Statistics Canada, in an e-mail interview. Dr. Hou has studied the labour-market outcomes of international students in several studies.

Other countries have discovered similar issues. International students in Australia who have poor language skills or earn degrees in low-demand fields have much lower salaries than domestic graduates.
Red quote: this is the main selling points for CEC applicants over outland FSW or some PNPs.

Blue quote: of course not all international students are hard working and smart people. Tons of them come from rich families who doesn't give a damn about their studies. Therefore, letting all former international students in is an absurd thing.

Current BC PNP system already fixes this issue by using annual income and NOC classes as score factors. Two CEC applicants who work in the same NOC, but the one with higher income will have more points.