+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Yes, I'm totally aware and agree that IELTS is scam.. they intentionally gives you lower marks because now it became a business rather than a test that tests your language abilities.If this is not the case, why they ask you to fill your country of destination :) Because they know how much bands are required for specific country.

Once I filled personal reason for taking IELTS and they gave me 7.5 in writing....
LOL. I don't know the exact reason but I think I didn't tell them my destination or what, but seems clear what I've said earlier.
People don't believe me when I tell them this thing,

what was your listening score in that test, I am guessing below 8.

Trust me I wrote every single essay as same as my 7.5 bands marked essay, equally organised, relevant and so on... But as you know Rabb Rakha hun ta IELTS da.
I know bro, I feel your pain.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Fake marks means ?

Yeah, went for rechecking but nothing happened. :(
Fake means, in real you scored 7 but they still they cockblocked you by giving 6.5 in speaking.

got one more test result from someone I know, L8 R7 W7 S6.5 - it is a concrete pattern

listening less than 8 = writing 7
speaking less than 7 = writing 7

there's nothing much we can do to conquer their internal policy.....

Reactions: Ranbir_Dhillon

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
There's this essay in book "IELTS Cambridge 12" with band score 7.5 and examiner comments, there was some spelling errors which are correct here.

In a number of countries, some people think it is necessary to spend large sums of money on constructing new railway lines for very fast trains between cities. Other believe the money should be spent on improving existing public transport.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

=========================
This is a good response which would achieve an even higher score if there was more
focus on large sums of money and on between cities. The writing is well organised and there is a clear progression throughout, although the use of some cohesive devices could be more flexible. There is a wide range of vocabulary,

used appropriately and naturally, [preferred method of transportation | leave the driving to the professional | more affordable | ever-expanding urban populations | embrace the idea of], but some spelling errors are noted [Communters | whill | cheif | ammount | busses]. There is a wide range of structures and again, these are used flexibly, however there are occasional errors in punctuation.

For many people around the world, the preferred method of transportation is high-speed rail. Commuters traveling to and from work rely on the safety and efficiency, while tourists appreciate the convenience and novelty that trains provide. Others believe that highways, buses and regular trains should be improved before new, high-speed lines are added.

Safety is chief among concerns for those who travel to work or school on a regular basis. If one drives a car, they have to concentrate on the road not only to avoid accidents but also to prevent other drivers from causing a problem on the road. High-speed rail allows the commuters to leave the driving to the professional controlling the train, allowing them to get some work done while getting to work safely.

In addition, people tend to move further and further away from city centres, where land and houses are more affordable. High-speed rail allows these commuters to travel greater distances in a shorter amount of time. There is a flow-on effect here, because if we can reduce the number of cars on the road, we can also cut down on traffic jams and road delays.

On the other hand, high-speed trains are expensive, and some believe this money could be spend on repairing motorways which are used by cars, buses and motorcycles. Another possibility would be to use this money to build more regular commuter trains and buses to service the ever-expanding urban populations. Moreover, boats and ferries could benefit from a budget which focuses more on existing form of transport.

In the end, public transport is an issue which affects us all. The taxes which we pay should be spent on the type of transport which will have the most benefit to all citizens. In addition, we need to take into account how much the environment is damaged by fossil fuels and pollution. Therefore, I believe in order to move forward, we need to embrace the idea of high-speed rail so that future generations can continue to live safely and efficiently.

338 words
==================================

I don't want to dissect it, instead I want to invite every one of you to do the same for this one, without looking at other's opinion first.

Let us see, if we can find some common grounds, different insights etc.

Ranbir_Dhillon

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Fake means, in real you scored 7 but they still they cockblocked you by giving 6.5 in speaking.

got one more test result from someone I know, L8 R7 W7 S6.5 - it is a concrete pattern

listening less than 8 = writing 7
speaking less than 7 = writing 7

there's nothing much we can do to conquer their internal policy.....

Yeah. I think so. but sarfaroshi ki tammana wali feeling aaundi a hun ta bro :p

Reactions: H0peAndFa1th

Ranbir_Dhillon

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
There's this essay in book "IELTS Cambridge 12" with band score 7.5 and examiner comments, there was some spelling errors which are correct here.

In a number of countries, some people think it is necessary to spend large sums of money on constructing new railway lines for very fast trains between cities. Other believe the money should be spent on improving existing public transport.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

This is a good response which would achieve an even higher score if there was more
focus on large sums of money and on between cities. The writing is well organised and there is a clear progression throughout, although the use of some cohesive devices could be more flexible. There is a wide range of vocabulary,

used appropriately and naturally, [preferred method of transportation | leave the driving to the professional | more affordable | ever-expanding urban populations | embrace the idea of], but some spelling errors are noted [Communters | whill | cheif | ammount | busses]. There is a wide range of structures and again, these are used flexibly, however there are occasional errors in punctuation.

For many people around the world, the preferred method of transportation is high-speed rail. Commuters traveling to and from work rely on the safety and efficiency, while tourists appreciate the convenience and novelty that trains provide. Others believe that highways, buses and regular trains should be improved before new, high-speed lines are added.

Safety is chief among concerns for those who travel to work or school on a regular basis. If one drives a car, they have to concentrate on the road not only to avoid accidents but also to prevent other drivers from causing a problem on the road. High-speed rail allows the commuters to leave the driving to the professional controlling the train, allowing them to get some work done while getting to work safely.

In addition, people tend to move further and further away from city centres, where land and houses are more affordable. High-speed rail allows these commuters to travel greater distances in a shorter amount of time. There is a flow-on effect here, because if we can reduce the number of cars on the road, we can also cut down on traffic jams and road delays.

On the other hand, high-speed trains are expensive, and some believe this money could be spend on repairing motorways which are used by cars, buses and motorcycles. Another possibility would be to use this money to build more regular commuter trains and buses to service the ever-expanding urban populations. Moreover, boats and ferries could benefit from a budget which focuses more on existing form of transport.

In the end, public transport is an issue which affects us all. The taxes which we pay should be spent on the type of transport which will have the most benefit to all citizens. In addition, we need to take into account how much the environment is damaged by fossil fuels and pollution. Therefore, I believe in order to move forward, we need to embrace the idea of high-speed rail so that future generations can continue to live safely and efficiently.

338 words
==================================

I don't want to dissect it, instead I want to invite every one of you to do the same for this one, without looking at other's opinion first.

Let us see, if we can find some common grounds, different insights etc.

What I like about this essay is 'one-idea' per paragraph.
I have some concerns about Conclusion paragraph. As I read and heard a lot from word of mouth and from experts, we should not add new information in that paragraph, but here writer includes fossil fuels and pollution, even though he didn't point out anything about these issues in remaining essay.
And can we use ' In the end' isn't it a idiom ?

Any suggestions ?

MY.CANADADREAMS

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Guys,

I saw this forum today and I thought it is such an amazing co incidence since I was looking for such help since soo long !! :)
First of all, hats off guys for taking out time to do this. My exam is on 13th oct and I have to score CLB 10 by anyway since my score is stuck at 438 and I have already given 3 attempts and scored 8887 the last time but have also scored 6.5 and 6 earlier. Since IELTS is soo confusing I have no idea what worked for me ! :) Pls have a look below question which is a discussion and opinion essay. I also have a doubt that should we place our opinion separately or the way I have written below is correct ! :)

Some people think that environmental problems should be solved on a global scale while others believe it is better to deal with them nationally. Discuss both sides and give your opinion

Although it is believed by some people that issues related to our environment should be solved on a global level,
others believe that it can be resolved better nationally. In my opinion, since the environment degradation is such a huge problem, it should first
be resolved nationally before trying to deal with it on a global level.

On the one hand, environmental problems is the most globally mooted topic these days, faced by all countries equally.
Some developed countries can resolve it more efficiently due to being technologically advanced and can offer help to the under-developed
nations too. For instance, USA has access to all the cutting-edge technologies ad hence can improve their individual carbon footprints more
efficiently and can also help a country like Ethiopia who will not have access to any technology at the first place. This way a solution can be
found on a global level, by coming together as one.

On the other hand, it is also true that environmental issue is such a huge problem that it should be solved nationally
first. Each country has a different role in contributing to this issue. For example, in a country like India, social crimes such as bad garbage
dumping practice, public defecation, deforestation, factory residues, inefficient usage of fuel contributes majorly to environmental degradation.
Whereas, in a country like USA , excessive usage of plastic bags and factory wastage contribute to ecological imbalance. In my view, since each
nation has an entirely different role in this huge issue, this situation can only be ameliorated if we resolved it nationally initially and then
compare and correct each other much later.

In conclusion, while it is a great idea to resolve environmental problems globally, it will be solved better and faster
if we first start on a smaller level i.e. Nationally and later help each other out.

Thanks & Regards

Last edited:

Akhil Soni

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi,
Cansha and Hopeandfaith.
Kindly evaluate this essay and give your feedback so that I may improve .
Thank you.
TASK 2 : PARAGRAPH
Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since computer technology is now replacing their functions. To what extent do you agree\disagree.

It is opined that with the emergence of e-books it is pointless to preserve public libraries. Although arrival of e-books is a positive development, in my perspective, doing away with public libraries is not a prudent approach due to latter’s wider acceptability and economic implications.

Of course, over the last few years, popularity of reading books with the help of technology such as Mc book pro and PDF files has grown but public libraries still have a larger mass appeal. This can be attributed to the fact that not every strata of our society is techno savvy. Old generation, for instance, prefer visiting libraries to study because they are not familiar with the use of novel technologies to read books. Similarly, availability of online books is questionable specially in rural areas where propagation of advanced technology is still in progress. Thus, public libraries ought to be maintained as it is easily approached by every individual.

Further, closing down of the public libraries would have certain economic repercussions. Such a step would create havoc on authors and publishers in particular, who have huge workforce employed with them. Making printed version of books obsolete by shutting down the libraries would create dooms for printing industries and many other businesses associated with them. This will not only create unemployment but also huge financial loss to the government in form of decreased revenues collected.

In conclusion, while e-books are becoming popular, in my view, public libraries should be persisted with considering their easier availability and financial benefits.

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hello Cansha and Hopeandfaith
I hope you can evaluate my essays for task1 and task2.
for the task 2 I read one of the thread on here, so it is true that I used some of his ideas. (some points just could not leave my brain)

Task1. Something in an airport delayed you and you have missed your flight. Write a letter to the airport's customer service department. In your letter Include:
What delayed you
How missing flight affected you
What you would like the airport to do about your issue

Dear Sir/Madam,

I feel the need to bring to your attention an issue that I had experienced with the way your employee behaves. Please consider this as a formal complaint letter and allow me to elaborate what has happened last Thursday.

When I tried to check my luggage in, the lady at the kiosk whose name was Melisa, she was on her phone. Even when I asked her to help me with the bags, she asked me to wait for her to finish texting which was totally not acceptable. To make it worse, later on she took my passport and left the kiosk and was absent until the announcements were repeating my name for final boarding call. This eventually made me miss my flight and business meeting in Vancouver.

I am expecting you to take immediate action by reprimanding not only Melisa but the members of your team for letting the incident happen. I am also expecting the whole refund for my flight ticket to be issued, as well as some compensation for my missed meeting.

Expecting your prompt action,

PI

Task 2.
In the future students may have a choice of studying at home by using technology such as computers or televison or studying at traditional schools. Which would you prefer? Use reasons and specific details to explain your choice.

In recent decades, the scientific improvements have impacted our ways of living in different fields including educational system. This might lead the new method of schooling via technologies such as computers to challenge the old-fashioned school way of learning to be replaced. If I would have a chance to choose how my children are going to be educated, I will prefer the traditional way of learning without a doubt.

First of all, there are aspects of learning that technologies cannot replace the human. In order to have a student to obtain knowledge, an assessment or a criticism of the instructor who has evaluated the student's idea in various parts such as student's emotion or gesture, which technologies cannot deliver. It is precious for an effective way of learning to include proper perception of how learner and teacher deliver and receive each other's opinion.

Moreover, the values of the society will become hard to be maintained. Schools are often considered as first step to learn how to communicate with others, as well as how someone should behave in different communities and circumstances. If the technologies take place of the traditional schools, students will have hard time forming consensus or to react toward others' opinions since their ways of learning did not involve interactions of other learners.

After all, the improvement of newer technologies are affecting out life significantly, and it is a possible idea that it might change our current way of schooling so that students can be educated at their homes. However, due to the negativities such as technology's weak approach of delivering ideas and lack of communication between other students. [ The possibility of technologies taking place of tradition schools sound not proper] [I would definitely prefer to have my children educated in school]

PS. there are two brackets because I was not sure which one was better to end the essay. I feel like second one is better since the topic asks you what would I prefer.

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Task 1
You missed an appointment. Write a letter explaining what happened. In your letter include:
1. what the appointment was
2. a apology for missing the appointment.
3. a request to reschedule.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to formally apologize for my absence at the annual company owner's appreciation appointment. Please allow me to elaborate on what happened that prevented me to attend the appointment.

I am truly aware that the appointment was significant for maintaining the good relationship between your company and ours. We have been having a good deal for the whole time and I would have not missed the meeting for any reason. Unfortunately, one of my parents had medical emergency, and a guardian was necessary for him to have a surgery. My mother was out of town hence I was the only one who was eligible for signing the paper. It was for this reason why I did not have a chance to contact you yesterday. Please do not be concerned about my father, the surgery went well and his recovery is rapid.

I hope you can feel the empathy for my situation. Since he is recovering fast and would be released from hospital next Thursday, I am hoping to reschedule the appointment on next Friday. If the date does not fit you, please get back to me with a suggested date.

Thank you for your understanding,

PI

Task1
You have a suggestion for a park nearby where you live. Write a letter to your city's council. In your letter include
1. what your suggestion is
2. Why you think this suggestion will improve the park
3. When you would like to see this suggestion in action

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing the letter to outline a point in which the South Park could improve. Please allow me to elaborate on how.

While I was having a walk with my child, I could not help but to notice that there are cars running at high speed throughout the park, even near the playground. It is extremely dangerous to have vehicles without any signs to limit their speed. I had to keep my eyes on my child for the whole time to ensure his safety, which eventually made us to leave the park due to the anxiety.

I cannot imagine the reason why the park is designed this way and I am sure that I am not the only one who felt the same way. I hope you will consider my suggestion and make necessary change as soon as possible to have everyone secured.

Thank you for your consideration.

PI

Jimmy_McGill

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
As always.... please kindly check my essay and point out my weakness. Believe or not, it was a tough topic for me, I have little info to develop ideas in this context. Thanks people.. Gracias totales!!

Prompt:

With a growing population, many people believe that we should focus more on producing GM foods.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?

Essay:

There are around 7.5 billion of humans on Earth today, and counting. It is thought by some that to tackle the great challenge of feeding the increasing world’s population, the community should put all its effort in producing genetically modified foods (GM), with the direct benefit of producing large amount of foods at low cost. However, this kind of food has been related with serious illness including cancer, infertility and accelerated aging.

In the light of cost-effectiveness, GM foods is more beneficial than conventional one. GM crops, as reported by The Institute of Food Science and Technology of Spain, are pest resistant and withstand extreme weather conditions, resulting in less labour needed to produce the crop, which in turn translates into less expenditure and major savings for the farmers. So, there would be double profit: society would have more food at lower price, and the agro-food industry would rise its revenue.

On the down side, most of the ingredients and chemicals used to produce GM foods are considered by the World Health Organization (WHO) as dangerous agents, which may cause serious and chronic diseases. In fact, Spain, in 2015, reported an unusual increase in the number of people with colon cancer, which is strongly associated with a substance commonly found in GM foods. It is for this main reason, that nowadays there is a fierce campaign in the European Parliament to prohibit GM foods production in Europe.

To conclude, although the production of GM at a great scale would benefit many people, especially those who live in poorer countries, its negative side cannot be ignored, since many people would end up suffering or dying as a consequence of illness caused by its consumption.

(282 words)

Jimmy_McGill

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
well, I try to be honest and polite at same time, being ruthless doesn't work for some people.

easy question, open ended.

I love this "unemployment and a poor education" intro to paragraphs, keep doing it.

well its perfectly written intro, for at-least 7 band essay, actually it can fetch 8 or even 8.5, if they are being honest.

I'll be more than happy if I hit 7, it is all what I need.

I would love to read these kind of paragraphs on daily basis, vocab,logic, sentence, everything is perfect. you stayed on topic.

Thanks! Lately I'm reading the newspaper at least 30mnts daily... Although, I'm far from an advanced vocabulary.

well written.

no mess, perfect.

you can get 8 or 8.5 easily with this one, but as you can see remark success thread, you will have to settle at 7 or 7.5 maximum

but It is not less than 7 in any circumstances, believe it.

:D:p:cool:Kiki, do you love me? Are you riding?
Say you'll never ever leave from beside me
'Cause I want ya, and I need ya...

That said.. Thanks for your positive feedback.. I'm really working hard so as not to disappointing your expectation :rolleyes:, and of course don't loss my money ...and my time:oops:

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
In this question type :

Smart devices have put all of the world’s information at our fingertips. The benefits
of this development are obvious, but what are the drawbacks?

are we supposed to write the benefits also or just the drawbacks in both the body paragraphs ?

Reactions: Jimmy_McGill