+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
preetdhillon4u said:
Thanks for the Great Help.
Can you help in getting the job there in toronto..I'm in need of AOR in order to get definite my case..Please advise or u can Pm me.
I am sorry I cannot assist you in getting a job, but I can refer you the information.

Good luck

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
aybf said:
Thanks for your such services to us. I am an Accountant and working in USA based multinational oil & gas company as an Accountant in Bangladesh. I am planning to be migrated by May 2011. Would you please share some informations regarding Accounts Payable/Treasury/Accounts Receivable jobs in Toronto? Would this be possible to manage a job in my field? Thanks.
Yes very much so. Just make sure your communication skills are above average. Good luck !!

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
shaikh sahib said:
Iam suppose to be in canada 2011, could you please guide me, should i get admitted in any university for MBA to updated my skills and qualification as per canadian standard, or i should have to go for job. Iam already an MBA and having experience of around 14 years of H.R and Administration. If suggested to get admitted in MBA degree in canada then which university is best for that. I want to be reside in ontario around toronto/missisauga or near by. If i get admitted do i qualify for OSAF or not.
If i suggest for to get job then where i can get jobs and at what per hour rate .
Iam a married and having two kids of 12 years and 7 years, i will be move to canada with me family. Could i get admission from here before landing and start going university just after landing without wasting my time.

How much amount i have to need for economical living for my family untill i completed my masters. If i qualify for OSAF then how much amount i would get as a loan and for how many hours i can do job.
Any other information regarding university and living.
First OSAP Information: See the link below:

https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal/en/PostsecondaryEducation/OSAP/WhatisOSAP/HowDoesOSAPWork/OSAP003445.html

MBA is an expensive program in Canada. There are lot of good MBA programs available. Queens and Schulich are considered to be some of the best. Here is a link for further info. Its a poor link from a third party...but has the info you need.

http://www.mbaprogramsincanada.com/

If you have the required paperwork submitted, you can get admission to MBA before you land.
About jobs, please red through this blog and I am sure you'll find the answers you are looking for.

Good Luck:

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
kato said:
hi bsrk68, really, a good service you are providing for new and aspiring immigrants. thumbs up.

yea, like you said, canada is a tough place for a new immigrant. unfortunately, to make it in canada, one needs to know someone somewhere. in my experience, to get a job, it's not what you actually know, but mostly it's who you know.

i'm a landed immigrant; i could not find a job so i came back to europe. but i'm still looking out for vacancies in the GTA. however employers do not seem to be bothered to even acknowledge receipt of applications. i started to wonder if the positions i apply for are indeed available. do you think they advertise positions just for marketing purposes or to solidify an internal employee's application?? anyhow, i was wondering if you have any idea about 'computational fluid dynamics (CFD)' vacancies or if you know anyone or any agent in this area. i'm not sure if you are familiar with CFD; if not, please no worries. thanks a lot.
Hi Kato,

Thanks for your insights and sorry to hear you couldn't make it here. It requires the "Who you know" and the perseverance criteria to achieve success in Canada. One shouldn't be afraid to get their hands dirty on menial jobs. And you are right when you say "they advertise positions just for marketing purposes or to solidify an internal employee's application". A lot of these vacancies are misleading as they are published to satisfy HRSDC or Service Canada for LMO approvals.
I am sorry, CFD is Greek to me..lol. I am from the Hospitality Field. But I am sure Canada is not all that bad....pray someday you'll make your way back to Toronto.

Good luck and happy holidays !!

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
bsrk68 said:
Accounting jobs are more readily available with temporary placement agencies to start with. Teaching profession has a long winding path where you have to get your local accreditions, do voluntary work, work as a supply teacher etc etc before you can be considered. Good luck !!
thank you brothr..........actually i am more interested in accounting job.......lets see........
brother......... do you have any idea regarding any part-time accounting / book-keeping/ accounting software packages like ACCPAQ, simply accounting or diploma or courses which will help me to get exemption in CGA /CMA programme as well as help me to get job in accounting....... can you provide me the link to apply for accounting job there in toronto......just want to knw what the employer ask from the candidate....

regards,
benjamin

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Benjamin Sapkota said:
thank you brothr..........actually i am more interested in accounting job.......lets see........
brother......... do you have any idea regarding any part-time accounting / book-keeping/ accounting software packages like ACCPAQ, simply accounting or diploma or courses which will help me to get exemption in CGA /CMA programme as well as help me to get job in accounting....... can you provide me the link to apply for accounting job there in toronto......just want to knw what the employer ask from the candidate....

regards,
benjamin
Hi Benjamin,

Here are some links which might be useful to you.

http://www.accountemps.com/Toronto
http://www.appleone.ca/CareerSearch/mcs_searchResults.aspx
http://www.ptcaccounting.com/
http://www.workopolis.com/EN/job-search/accounting-jobs-toronto?ak=accounting&l=toronto&lg=en

You can learn any accounting software usage at the Service Canada centers for cheap. Accountant interview questions around the knowledge requirements are generally answered by reviewing your resume or CV as they refer directly to your qualifications, your training and your work task experience.

Expect questions such as:

"How have you implemented the recent tax changes in your company?"

"Detail your experience in preparing Management Accounts."

"Explain the different accounting packages you have used recently and tell me which best met your needs."

The interviewer will focus on questions that look for evidence of accountancy-related competencies. You will be asked to provide specific examples of when you have demonstrated the required competency.Reflect on your past experiences, select appropriate examples and plan your response using the following structure:

Describe the specific situation or task you were involved in

Detail the action and steps you took in the situation

Outline the results and outcome of your actions. What happened, what was accomplished, what did you learn

Planning and Organizing

"Tell me about a time you handled a complex financial project with a tight deadline that required precise data collection and analysis."

"Give me an example of how you keep track of things requiring your attention."

"What work objectives did you set for this year and what steps have you taken to ensure you will achieve them?"

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to develop specific objectives and plan and prioritize systematically to accomplish these objectives within set time frames. This includes scheduling, identifying and allocating resources and the use of appropriate organizational tools.

Information and Task Monitoring

"How have you monitored the regulations that affect both your industry and your accounting position?"

"How have you monitored the performance of your team?"

"Describe the systems you have in place for keeping track of assignments given to staff members."

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to set up effective procedures for information collection and review. Describe how you monitor projects and check the progress of delegated tasks.

Accountant interview questions will also focus on your ability to analyze and assess problems.

Problem Analysis and Assessment

"Describe a recent tough financial analysis problem you faced on the job."

"Take me through your latest budget preparation."

"How have you managed potential payment problems with your customers?"

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to identify key issues and detect problems from relevant information, include your ability to break down and organize information to recognize cause and effect relationships.

Judgment and Problem Solving

"What has been the most significant decision you made at work this year?"

"Tell me how you reacted when someone else's errors were impacting negatively on your job."

"Describe a situation in which you received instructions with which you disagreed."

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to determine an appropriate and effective course of action based on factual information, accurate assessment of organizational resources and consideration of alternatives.

If you need Canadian references, just meet me in Toronto and I will be more than happy to help you out.

Good luck

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
shorthome

Hi bsrk!!!
We need a shortstay home in toronto.
Except SAFEHOMESTAY is there any place like safehomestay? Thanks

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Re: shorthome

niwrrehs said:
Hi bsrk!!!
We need a shortstay home in toronto.
Except SAFEHOMESTAY is there any place like safehomestay? Thanks
Best source is: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-housing-short-term-rentals-W0QQCatIdZ42

Or http://homesuitehome.ca/

How big is your family? How long do you wish to stay ?

kank

Dec 20, 2010
Hello bsrk68,

I applied for quebec immigration as a skilled worker in july 2010. I am B.Tech in Electronics and communication and having 3 years of experience.Just 10 days back i recieved a letter from quebec immigration office saying that i don't have enough points for quebec immigration as a skilled worker. they sent me evaluation sheet also where they have listed my Points.

Education 10/12
Training area 0/16
Experience 6/8
Age 16/16
French 0/16
English 4/6
Stay in Quebec 0/5
family in quebec 0/3
employement offer 0/10
finances 1/1

My total is 37 and they need atleast 49 points to be eligible.But when i filled the application for quebec i mentioned intermediate level of french, but did not provide any proof ,because at the time of applying I was not having any french languabe ability certificate.but I am studying french now And sucessfully cleared A1 level. Moreover I did not get 6 points for Training area also.

Please help.....I have to reply to Quebec immigration office.

goodwill

Star Member
Jun 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad/london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
4-6-2009
AOR Received.
19-06-2008
IELTS Request
already given
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
17-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-11-2010
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
15-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-6-2011,d/m 28-06-2011,got passports back 6-07-2011
LANDED..........
inshalla in mid september 2011
thanks for the information.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
kank said:
Hello bsrk68,

I applied for quebec immigration as a skilled worker in july 2010. I am B.Tech in Electronics and communication and having 3 years of experience.Just 10 days back i recieved a letter from quebec immigration office saying that i don't have enough points for quebec immigration as a skilled worker. they sent me evaluation sheet also where they have listed my Points.

Education 10/12
Training area 0/16
Experience 6/8
Age 16/16
French 0/16
English 4/6
Stay in Quebec 0/5
family in quebec 0/3
employement offer 0/10
finances 1/1

My total is 37 and they need atleast 49 points to be eligible.But when i filled the application for quebec i mentioned intermediate level of french, but did not provide any proof ,because at the time of applying I was not having any french languabe ability certificate.but I am studying french now And sucessfully cleared A1 level. Moreover I did not get 6 points for Training area also.

Please help.....I have to reply to Quebec immigration office.
Hi Kank,

You need to consult an Immigration expert who will be able to provide an opinion after seeing your papers. Why don't you consult Attorney David Cohen (the owner of this site) directly? He is based in Montreal too.

Sorry, wish I could be of further help !!

Good luck

shialra

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi BSRK68,

This is a awesome thread with heaps of advice and information. Keep it up good friend.

I am waiting for my approval from CHC New Delhi and should hear something in the next couple of months. In the meantime, is there any data available on consulting companies / consultants / head hunters so that we can liase directly with them for job hunting prior to landing in Canada?

Thanks and Best Regards

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
bsrk68 said:
Hi Benjamin,

Here are some links which might be useful to you.

http://www.accountemps.com/Toronto
http://www.appleone.ca/CareerSearch/mcs_searchResults.aspx
http://www.ptcaccounting.com/
http://www.workopolis.com/EN/job-search/accounting-jobs-toronto?ak=accounting&l=toronto&lg=en

You can learn any accounting software usage at the Service Canada centers for cheap. Accountant interview questions around the knowledge requirements are generally answered by reviewing your resume or CV as they refer directly to your qualifications, your training and your work task experience.

Expect questions such as:

"How have you implemented the recent tax changes in your company?"

"Detail your experience in preparing Management Accounts."

"Explain the different accounting packages you have used recently and tell me which best met your needs."

The interviewer will focus on questions that look for evidence of accountancy-related competencies. You will be asked to provide specific examples of when you have demonstrated the required competency.Reflect on your past experiences, select appropriate examples and plan your response using the following structure:

Describe the specific situation or task you were involved in

Detail the action and steps you took in the situation

Outline the results and outcome of your actions. What happened, what was accomplished, what did you learn

Planning and Organizing

"Tell me about a time you handled a complex financial project with a tight deadline that required precise data collection and analysis."

"Give me an example of how you keep track of things requiring your attention."

"What work objectives did you set for this year and what steps have you taken to ensure you will achieve them?"

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to develop specific objectives and plan and prioritize systematically to accomplish these objectives within set time frames. This includes scheduling, identifying and allocating resources and the use of appropriate organizational tools.

Information and Task Monitoring

"How have you monitored the regulations that affect both your industry and your accounting position?"

"How have you monitored the performance of your team?"

"Describe the systems you have in place for keeping track of assignments given to staff members."

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to set up effective procedures for information collection and review. Describe how you monitor projects and check the progress of delegated tasks.

Accountant interview questions will also focus on your ability to analyze and assess problems.

Problem Analysis and Assessment

"Describe a recent tough financial analysis problem you faced on the job."

"Take me through your latest budget preparation."

"How have you managed potential payment problems with your customers?"

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to identify key issues and detect problems from relevant information, include your ability to break down and organize information to recognize cause and effect relationships.

Judgment and Problem Solving

"What has been the most significant decision you made at work this year?"

"Tell me how you reacted when someone else's errors were impacting negatively on your job."

"Describe a situation in which you received instructions with which you disagreed."

Answer Guidelines : Show how you are able to determine an appropriate and effective course of action based on factual information, accurate assessment of organizational resources and consideration of alternatives.

If you need Canadian references, just meet me in Toronto and I will be more than happy to help you out.

Good luck
many many thanks brother.....this will surely help me....
i will be more than happy to meet u in toronto......i am landing on 3 april 2011...........

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
shialra said:
Hi BSRK68,

This is a awesome thread with heaps of advice and information. Keep it up good friend.

I am waiting for my approval from CHC New Delhi and should hear something in the next couple of months. In the meantime, is there any data available on consulting companies / consultants / head hunters so that we can liase directly with them for job hunting prior to landing in Canada?

Thanks and Best Regards
Thanks. I have in fact provided quite a few of them in this thread. What's your line of work? To be honest, job hunting prior to landing in Canada is an exercise in futility. Not many of them would even look at your resume if it is not customized as per the requirement. Also you need to have work-authorization in Canada to be considered for most jobs.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
hi bsrk68
+ 1 to u for ur kind help
u deserve more
souls like u make this difficult journey worth taking