+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How low can CRS go?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Bloodrose said:
Does it? My understanding was that now you just need to have qualifying work experience in NOC 0, A, or B, regardless of the actual occupation code. While that is going to aid diversity, I'm sure that there are more applicants from group B than there are from 0.

As long as the situation is sustainable though then there's no problem. What would be a shame is if so many people invested their savings and livelihoods to immigrate only to find there were no jobs and futures there for them at the end.
Apart from just typing here if you do some research it would be great. Canada is eyeing skill B type workers and FSTs that is why there are less Ielts requirement for low skilled people. And keep on inviting from some occupations will flood people of that particular occupation there.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
NOC based cutoffs will start coming in future definitely. EE is a nascent process and was just started in 2015. They will make changes as they learn more and make it more matured. From the learning of 2015 and 2016, they found that 600 points for LMIA was getting abused by cooks and fraudulent cases, so they made it 50 and ensure that even LMIA candidates have high human capital. Likewise to help students (who are best possible fit to their country), they gave 15, 30 points. We can definitely expect something on occupation in coming years if the see particular occupations overcrowding the system.

Like in Australian system, the cutoff for most professions are 60, for IT related professions it is 65 and for some other professions like accountants it is 70.
Canada had that system of particular NOCs before Express entry and they made EE in accordance to their needs now I cant see them reverting back to the system all they are looking for is human capital they know that the person with good human capital will be successful in his occupation. There can be some bonus points for demanding occupations but purely negeting others not a chance. With this system there are only 25K over 350 if they change to in demand NOCs only 10K people will remain in the pool over 350 and then the scores will hover around 360-370.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Maverick28 said:
Yes! My friend told me that some places in India were charging 1.3 million to 1.5 million INR to get them 600 points via LMIA and process their PR for through EE.
Who would be stupid enough to pay 13 lakhs for an LMIA??? :eek:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
ashu1710 said:
Who would be stupid enough to pay 13 lakhs for an LMIA??? :eek:
In a certain state of India, it is a dream of everyone to go to Canada. People sell all their assets for that. If you have just 100-200 CRS and someone asks you 13 lakh, if you are desperate, you will do that. Easiest way to PR ever.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Maverick28 said:
In a certain state of India, it is a dream of everyone to go to Canada. People sell all their assets for that. If you have just 100-200 CRS and someone asks you 13 lakh, if you are desperate, you will do that. Easiest way to PR ever.
If I had 13 lakhs to spare I'd never leave my home country ;)

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
Wandering Mind said:
If I had 13 lakhs to spare I'd never leave my home country ;)
13 lakhs in ur home country is nothing bro!!! specially when you grow older and need health and welfare but none is available.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
fatani said:
Apart from just typing here if you do some research it would be great. Canada is eyeing skill B type workers and FSTs that is why there are less Ielts requirement for low skilled people. And keep on inviting from some occupations will flood people of that particular occupation there.
I don't think you need to be so rude. I am well aware of the current strategy. I wouldn't be participating in this discussion if I wasn't and as I said earlier, as long as their are opportunities for all of these B type immigrants then it shouldn't be a problem.