+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How low can CRS go?

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
jackdawn said:
More over the pool has different people with different back grounds of education needed for an economy
This could very well be true. There have been cases of doctors and engineers driving cabs in Canada because Canada was only accepting certain types of immigrant and then was preventing those immigrants from exercising the skills they were accepted under in the first place.

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
Aaronpaul said:
You can say that the language testing is arbitrary but its not actually

Canadian immigration isn't stupid. They have their own plans, what do we know? (your quote)..
I only meant in terms of "letting the whole world in" as you said. The target for this year isn't even that high.

Check the minimum scores for each IELTS category and tell me why aren't they equal points-wise? Why aren't they similar to, for instance, Australia's criteria? Each country has set its own limits and quite frankly, they're all a bit random.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
houseyy said:
I only meant in terms of "letting the whole world in" as you said. The target for this year isn't even that high.

Check the minimum scores for each IELTS category and tell me why aren't they equal points-wise? Why aren't they similar to, for instance, Australia's criteria? Each country has set its own limits and quite frankly, they're all a bit random.
What I like about the Aussie approach though is that a native speaker is exempt from the language test requirement based on their passport. Fair enough they will then receive no points for it but not everybody needs those points and forcing someone who was born and raised in the US, UK or Australia to sit an IELTS exam is just a bit silly.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
houseyy said:

that could be because they feel listening is most important to communicate and survive in their country and it is okay to be bit relaxed in other areas. Anyways 8 in listening is not a easy catch.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
that could be because they feel listening is most important to communicate and survive in their country and it is okay to be bit relaxed in other areas. Anyways 8 in listening is not a easy catch.
Listening also happens to be the easiest section.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
DEEPCUR said:
I'm a native English speaker and have a bit of a flair for the language even by native standards. I also speak better English than any Canadian I've ever met.

I only just scraped an 8.5 in the listening test because I had a cold on the day of my test and missed some of the answers due to coughing. For that reason, my partner who is a non-native English speaker scored more highly for the listening section than I did. It's both silly and impractical that they only play each answer once.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
DEEPCUR said:
It is funny that people will want the scores to come down until their points are met and once it does, they just don't want it go down any further or even shoot up!

Their country, their policies, their wish. I believe they know their numbers better than most of the armchair analysts here.
Absolutely true. When the scores were 480+ most of the last year they were crying for the scores to come down now when they got their ITAs or PPRs they want Canada to stop immigration. LOL

Instead of helping others who are in line of receiving ITAs they just want the doors to be closed Disgusting how mean and changed people they are now. A person called Vensak who is commenting here got only 334 CRS points only because he has good french he got nominated by Ontario.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Aaronpaul said:
415 Is the most recent low,what a CRAP immigration policy?letting the whole world in
Hey YOU!! What is this 415 is crap?? What do you know about the plans of canadian immigration. Express entry came into existence because the past system was not good.

In the past anyone who would have 67/100 points can apply for immigration thats why there was a backlog of 400-500K applications.

My 55 yr old uncle with IELTS 7 and 14 yrs of education has immigrated in 2010 just because of that system. If he had applied now he cant get over 200 points. Look at EE pool in the past hundred thousands of people applied now only 50K profiles in the pool and 50% of them are below 350.

In your 20-29 age having 16 yrs of education with CLB 9 english is not everyone's cup of tea but getting 67/100 is way much easier than that.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
fatani said:
Absolutely true. When the scores were 480+ most of the last year they were crying for the scores to come down now when they got their ITAs or PPRs they want Canada to stop immigration. LOL

Instead of helping others who are in line of receiving ITAs they just want the doors to be closed Disgusting how mean and changed people they are now. A person called Vensak who is commenting here got only 334 CRS points only because he has good french he got nominated by Ontario.
That attitude is common in countries with high levels of immigration such as Canada and to some degree is understandable. Higher levels of immigration can lead to more competition on the labour market and a decrease in wages and living standards.

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
So is speaking, don't you think? And yet you only need 7.5 to max out, which is weird when compared with Listening's 8.5 lol.

I'm considered quite fluent, have even had people mistake me for a native speaker. IELTS isn't really practical. :p

Anyway, all we really want is a better life, so let's be supportive of one another. ;)

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
fatani said:
Hey YOU!! What is this 415 is crap?? What do you know about the plans of canadian immigration. Express entry came into existence because the past system was not good.

In the past anyone who would have 67/100 points can apply for immigration thats why there was a backlog of 400-500K applications.

My 55 yr old uncle with IELTS 7 and 14 yrs of education has immigrated in 2010 just because of that system. If he had applied now he cant get over 200 points. Look at EE pool in the past hundred thousands of people applied now only 50K profiles in the pool and 50% of them are below 350.

In your 20-29 age having 16 yrs of education with CLB 9 english is not everyone's cup of tea but getting 67/100 is way much easier than that.
In the past they also required people to have experience in 1 of 27 occupations and limited applications from nurses to a federal maximum of 1000.

I'm not saying that the current approach is bad at all, it has allowed me to apply for one thing, but it will make waves for the future of Canada and it would be foolish to just imagine that all of those waves will be good ones.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Bloodrose said:
In the past they also required people to have experience in 1 of 27 occupations and limited applications from nurses to a federal maximum of 1000.

I'm not saying that the current approach is bad at all, it has allowed me to apply for one thing, but it will make waves for the future of Canada and it would be foolish to just imagine that all of those waves will be good ones.
Yes that is my point if you are opening certain occupations only soon you will get higher supply than demand in these occupations. And then some could speak better english/french and some would have more experience. Express entry regulates each occupation it is certain in express entry that if a software eng. is coming he/she would have good human capital not just exp.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
fatani said:
Express entry regulates each occupation it is certain in express entry that if a software eng. is coming he/she would have good human capital not just exp.
Does it? My understanding was that now you just need to have qualifying work experience in NOC 0, A, or B, regardless of the actual occupation code. While that is going to aid diversity, I'm sure that there are more applicants from group B than there are from 0.

As long as the situation is sustainable though then there's no problem. What would be a shame is if so many people invested their savings and livelihoods to immigrate only to find there were no jobs and futures there for them at the end.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Bloodrose said:
Does it? My understanding was that now you just need to have qualifying work experience in NOC 0, A, or B, regardless of the actual occupation code. While that is going to aid diversity, I'm sure that there are more applicants from group B than there are from 0.

As long as the situation is sustainable though then there's no problem. What would be a shame is if so many people invested their savings and livelihoods to immigrate only to find there were no jobs and futures there for them at the end.
NOC based cutoffs will start coming in future definitely. EE is a nascent process and was just started in 2015. They will make changes as they learn more and make it more matured. From the learning of 2015 and 2016, they found that 600 points for LMIA was getting abused by cooks and fraudulent cases, so they made it 50 and ensure that even LMIA candidates have high human capital. Likewise to help students (who are best possible fit to their country), they gave 15, 30 points. We can definitely expect something on occupation in coming years if the see particular occupations overcrowding the system.

Like in Australian system, the cutoff for most professions are 60, for IT related professions it is 65 and for some other professions like accountants it is 70.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
houseyy said:
How rude. I was just as qualified at 393 as I am now at 435.

You know what pushed my score up by so many points? A mere 0.5 increase in IELTS Listening! That's how arbitrary the language scoring is. High and low scores don't tell the whole story!

There are plenty of very qualified people, perhaps even more than yourself, sitting at low scores, very deserving of an invite.

I wish everyone below 415 the best of luck. Here's to 400 and below! ;D
Thank you for saying this!

Good luck to you too!