NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
DEEPCUR said:
It is funny that people will want the scores to come down until their points are met and once it does, they just don't want it go down any further or even shoot up!

Their country, their policies, their wish. I believe they know their numbers better than most of the armchair analysts here.
Agreed, seeing some comment like that.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
chente said:
Also better like this than not like before. People were buying lmias and got ita with 700 points, where they only had 100 withouth the lmia
Strange! LMIAS can be bought??

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
syconetgeek said:
Strange! LMIAS can be bought??
That seems far-fetched. LMIAs go through Service Canada vetting each application, and they are very, very hard to get in many cases.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

I have been waiting for my ECA for more than 2 months now. actually I have applied for both WES and IQAS. hoping to get either one of them by the first week of May. if I do get it my CRS would be 449.

I know the cutoff points are going down quite rapidly. however, I'm just curios to know the possibility of CIC increasing the cutoff in May. what are the chances?

If the experts can give a calculated or assumptions based prediction would be great. thanks!!

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Shivanker said:
I know the cutoff points are going down quite rapidly. however, I'm just curios to know the possibility of CIC increasing the cutoff in May. what are the chances?
In May? Highly unlikely. I see the cut offs going down till at least July/August.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
ashu1710 said:
Also, with the recent changes in Australia and New Zealand and the current political situation in the USA, Canada is the last beacon of hope for many skilled immigrants.

Please don't do what they did, Canada. ;D
Australia is still open with the visa 189 and 190. What they revamped is the guest worker program 457. Something like ICT for Canada and H1b for US. So loopholes still exist too.. like software engineers have been removed from occupation, but web developers exist. So you know how it will continue to be used.

If enough PRs flood IT market, Canada may reconsider ICT visa too. Every country is against guest worker program as they feel that money does get pumped within the country and goes back to someone's home country.

Also unlike Canadian PR, Australian PR is too expensive to keep as an option.. 5k USD for a family of three. Someone needs to be really firm before applying for it.

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
Aaronpaul said:
415 Is the most recent low,what a CRAP immigration policy?letting the whole world in
How rude. I was just as qualified at 393 as I am now at 435.

You know what pushed my score up by so many points? A mere 0.5 increase in IELTS Listening! That's how arbitrary the language scoring is. High and low scores don't tell the whole story!

There are plenty of very qualified people, perhaps even more than yourself, sitting at low scores, very deserving of an invite.

I wish everyone below 415 the best of luck. Here's to 400 and below! ;D

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
It is funny that people will want the scores to come down until their points are met and once it does, they just don't want it go down any further or even shoot up!

Their country, their policies, their wish. I believe they know their numbers better than most of the armchair analysts here.
Absolutely true. So selfish.

Canadian immigration isn't stupid. They have their own plans, what do we know?

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
houseyy said:
How rude. I was just as qualified at 393 as I am now at 435.

You know what pushed my score up by so many points? A mere 0.5 increase in IELTS Listening! That's how arbitrary the language scoring is. High and low scores don't tell the whole story!

There are plenty of very qualified people, perhaps even more than yourself, sitting at low scores, very deserving of an invite.

Good to read that. And Agreed, many qualified people are still there having low score. May be age is one factor and may be their wives are not ready to go for hustle in giving IELTS exam. :)

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
syconetgeek said:
Good to read that. And Agreed, many qualified people are still there having low score. May be age is one factor and may be their wives are not ready to go for hustle in giving IELTS exam. :)
I forgot about age, but yes that's also important. The points system for age is pretty unfair in my opinion, max score should for those upto the age of 35, not 29! I'm lucky to still be in the 20s range.

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
houseyy said:

You can say that the language testing is arbitrary but its not actually

Canadian immigration isn't stupid. They have their own plans, what do we know? (your quote)..

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
So Australia has fixed cutoff of 60 to be eligible and 65 is the current cutoff there (except for some professions where demand is high) to get a PR. It needs 7+ in all sections, bachelors degree 5 years of experience and age between 25 to 32.

For an equivalent profile, one can get only 384 points in Canada. If there is a bump in listening, the score can go up to 429 and the present cutoff is around that range. Someone with 415 will still have to have a bachelors degree and CLB9, except that they would have lost points for the age. I don't think Canada would be able to get a better profile than these as the person has maximum scores for experience as well as English tests. These people still have high human capital.

If the scores stay above 450 or 460, only people who have Master degree (either inland or out land) will alone stand a chance. Master degrees don't mean much for employment in most industries. Bachelor degree is more than sufficient for most NOCs. So this must be the rationale behind lowering the cutoffs and I don't see any problem with this. It is not a easy pass as not everyone can ace IELTS with CLB9 or CLB10.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
Aaronpaul said:
415 Is the most recent low,what a CRAP immigration policy?letting the whole world in
415 is hardly letting the whole world in. To get to 415 you generally need to be university educated, have decent language ability and have at least a year or two of skilled work experience under your belt. Often times a really highly skilled and educated person can only just scrape a 415 if they're in their late 30's or above.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Aaronpaul said:
72k ITA's isnt the whole world. The current state of ITA's are the most competent.

These are the people who actually deserve to be in with a decent human capital score, some one who is at the border of 400 above and under is only because of certain disadvantage of age or IELTS score.

A difference of band between clb 8 and clb9/10 makes a whole lot of difference pushing score between 50-75 points.

More over the pool has different people with different back grounds of education needed for an economy

Dom2012

Feb 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Some people are just selfish thinking they are better than everyone. The fact that some people have low score doesn't mean they are incompetent, this occurs for a number if reasons best known to them.