May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
shalz25 said:
Thanks ladies! This means I should be getting mine next week hopefully!
hey Shalz:

whats your timeline like? APPLIED - SA - VO? currious to see who's next in line, knowing my position on the time line sort of helps me get through the wait... sorta?!? hopefully we all get answers in a wave of acceptance once the new year hits, as for now -i'm thinking holiday hours have HIT!

shalz25

Nov 12, 2014
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
hey Shalz:

whats your timeline like? APPLIED - SA - VO? currious to see who's next in line, knowing my position on the time line sort of helps me get through the wait... sorta?!? hopefully we all get answers in a wave of acceptance once the new year hits, as for now -i'm thinking holiday hours have HIT!
Hey Mrs.DoryBaby,

I jist paid the RPRF last month, when I called CIC they told me I was in the last stage since I was asked to pay the fee so I'm hoping I should be hearing something soon but just like u said I think holiday hours have hit so I'm not expecting any news til the new year. What abt u?

Ps do u guys know if the VO notifies us or do they call our spouse in Cuba when the time comes?

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
shalz25 said:
Hey Mrs.DoryBaby,

I jist paid the RPRF last month, when I called CIC they told me I was in the last stage since I was asked to pay the fee so I'm hoping I should be hearing something soon but just like u said I think holiday hours have hit so I'm not expecting any news til the new year. What abt u?

Ps do u guys know if the VO notifies us or do they call our spouse in Cuba when the time comes?
Hey!!! That's awesome!!!!!!,woooohooo... Last stage is something to be positive about- although the wait is hard I know! I hope to be in the last stage... I am not sur . I'll go to Havana in the new year... I'm spending the holidays with my hubby so hopefully we hear amthg. My SA was at the end of August... So next month will be 4 months... I heard January is a magic month when applications just get blown out of there at rapid speed... Hoping that's the truth... I want nothing more than to start a new chapter here with my hubby! Oye.. Maybe we will all be celebrating Valentines with our loves? That will be something special!!!!

I hope you hear something soon. We all have the same struggle. I call this my support group!,b/c we all suffer the same pain!!! Xoxooxx

When did you get SA? I LOVE TIME LINES.. THEY GIVE ME HOPE ....

Qie dios te bendiga!
Dory!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I have a question about police certificates from Cuba. I have obtained my Police Certificates (Certificacion de Antecedentes Penales) from Cuban offices (Consultoria Juridica) but they have not been legalized/certified by the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Cuba (Minrex). Also, the certificates say "national-personal" on the top part of the page. Any idea if they will be accepted by CIC in Canada?

shalz25

Nov 12, 2014
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
Hey!!! That's awesome!!!!!!,woooohooo... Last stage is something to be positive about- although the wait is hard I know! I hope to be in the last stage... I am not sur . I'll go to Havana in the new year... I'm spending the holidays with my hubby so hopefully we hear amthg. My SA was at the end of August... So next month will be 4 months... I heard January is a magic month when applications just get blown out of there at rapid speed... Hoping that's the truth... I want nothing more than to start a new chapter here with my hubby! Oye.. Maybe we will all be celebrating Valentines with our loves? That will be something special!!!!

I hope you hear something soon. We all have the same struggle. I call this my support group!,b/c we all suffer the same pain!!! Xoxooxx

When did you get SA? I LOVE TIME LINES.. THEY GIVE ME HOPE ....

Qie dios te bendiga!
Dory!!
My SA was in Oct but they sent me the request to pay the RPRF a couple of weeks later so i feel like they were working really fast b/c when i look at other peoples' timeline it took them 3 months for the request to pay aft SA.

Is 4mths the magic number? I hope we can celebrate Vday w/ our hubbies :). Girl if Jan is a magic month like u say we have a lot to look forward too :) I hope we all hear something soon. Hahahaha this is a support group and it's great to know that we all feel similar and are not going through this alone!

shalz25

Nov 12, 2014
pepe84 said:
Hello guys,

I have a question about police certificates from Cuba. I have obtained my Police Certificates (Certificacion de Antecedentes Penales) from Cuban offices (Consultoria Juridica) but they have not been legalized/certified by the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Cuba (Minrex). Also, the certificates say "national-personal" on the top part of the page. Any idea if they will be accepted by CIC in Canada?
Hi, you do not have to legalize/certify them. The gov't wants originals and they must be translated by a notarized translator that's all. I remember the office try to make my husband think he had to legalize them too but I called CIC and they said it did not have to be legalized b/c they want originals.

Reactions: Victor Manuel

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you sooo much!!!! Yes, people who assist applicants at Canadian Visa Office in Havana are saying that PCC must be legalized but CIC says NO. I think those people at Havana just want us to pay more. Thank you, I am more relieved now with your comment.

shalz25 said:
Hi, you do not have to legalize/certify them. The gov't wants originals and they must be translated by a notarized translator that's all. I remember the office try to make my husband think he had to legalize them too but I called CIC and they said it did not have to be legalized b/c they want originals.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Hey guys just curious, what's an IELTS request? I see some of u have it...

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats an English test required for economic immigration, not for family class.

newgirl1 said:
Hey guys just curious, what's an IELTS request? I see some of u have it...

Kit-Kat

Nov 14, 2014
I have a couple of comments to some posts that have been made, sorry I haven't copied down who made them:

PRE no longer is necessary. Cubans do not need an exit visa to leave Cuba. The requirement is that they must return once every two years. If they are going to be out of Cuba more than two years then they can apply for the PRE and this must be done in a Cuban Embassy/Consulate outside of the Country ie in Canada etc., or they apply to have their passports habilitated.

Regarding the comment about the legalization (ie MINREX stamp) on Cuban documents ie police, birth, marriage certificates etc., the MINREX stamp is a complete cuban process and its a complete money grab. As of April 2014 Cuba changed the cost and process for obtaining these documenets and now its difficult to get them without payign the extra in CUC to have this stamp on it. Its not impossible thought. In theory, the Canadian Embassy has never required a MINREX stamp etc. Cuba will tell you that it is required for that document to be used outside of the COuntry. Canada doensn't need it and in most instances if you bringa document to Canada to use under other purposes most people have no idea what the stamp is. However, the one thing to remember is that the Canadian Embassy is manned by local engaged staff and often what happens, especially on files where people are not represented ie by a lawyer/immigration consultant is that they will tell the individiucal that it is required. You may or may not get lucky and not be asked to get it.

Reactions: Victor Manuel

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
MERRY CHRISTMAS

I just wanted to wish you all the happiest of holidays...

May your god bless us all this coming year and put all our struggles, sadness, stress and lonliness behind us.

May he give us strength when it is needed and patience if required.

May he help us to remember that in struggle there is always reward and may we never forget how precious the love we share with our partners is.

I wish that he blesses us with new chapters of life, shared with our loved ones together in Canada - soon.

- Love Dory

justagirrl

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
06-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Kit-Kat said:
I have a couple of comments to some posts that have been made, sorry I haven't copied down who made them:

PRE no longer is necessary. Cubans do not need an exit visa to leave Cuba. The requirement is that they must return once every two years. If they are going to be out of Cuba more than two years then they can apply for the PRE and this must be done in a Cuban Embassy/Consulate outside of the Country ie in Canada etc., or they apply to have their passports habilitated.
Thanks for this info. So my husband can go back and forth to Cuba freely without having a special stamp on his passport or without asking permission to go back?

justagirrl

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
06-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
MERRY CHRISTMAS

I just wanted to wish you all the happiest of holidays...

May your god bless us all this coming year and put all our struggles, sadness, stress and lonliness behind us.

May he give us strength when it is needed and patience if required.

May he help us to remember that in struggle there is always reward and may we never forget how precious the love we share with our partners is.

I wish that he blesses us with new chapters of life, shared with our loved ones together in Canada - soon.

- Love Dory
Feliz Navidad ;)

They will be with us soon. All the best to you. :-*

shalz25

Nov 12, 2014
Happy Holidays everyone!

PS. I just got my notes but I don't see anything regarding his interview being waived or not nor do i see anything regarding his medical exam or criminal check. Does anyone know if I'm reading this report wrong or maybe I ordered them too early?

justagirrl

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
06-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
shalz25 said:
Happy Holidays everyone!

PS. I just got my notes but I don't see anything regarding his interview being waived or not nor do i see anything regarding his medical exam or criminal check. Does anyone know if I'm reading this report wrong or maybe I ordered them too early?
It's near to the end of the printout where they write about your relationship. How many pages was it?