+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B drop box appointment in Canada

SravanB

Jan 29, 2024
Hi, I am on H1B visa and also have a Canadian visitor visa, H1B expired last year. Am I eligible for a H1B Dropbox appointment in Vancouver? Could you share your recent experiences on drop box appointment wait times and how much time did it take for you to get back your passport.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi, I am on H1B visa and also have a Canadian visitor visa, H1B expired last year. Am I eligible for a H1B Dropbox appointment in Vancouver? Could you share your recent experiences on drop box appointment wait times and how much time did it take for you to get back your passport.
If you have a visitor visa then for sure you need to go via consular appointment only. People who are residents of Canada(either on work permit or PR) and PRs living outside Canada are eligible for dropbox as far as we have seen till now.

sathwik-c

Apr 27, 2022
If you have a visitor visa then for sure you need to go via consular appointment only. People who are residents of Canada(either on work permit or PR) and PRs living outside Canada are eligible for dropbox as far as we have seen till now.
Am I eligible for H1B DropBox in Canada? I am currently PR in Canada, but my most recent visa is F1 issued in India, which expired in June 2023.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Am I eligible for H1B DropBox in Canada? I am currently PR in Canada, but my most recent visa is F1 issued in India, which expired in June 2023.
The system will decide if you are eligible for dropbox or not. Create an account and pay fee, complete the questionnaire and then you will be assigned a dropbox or to attend interview accordingly. In some cases, even if you get an eligibility for dropbox there is a chance you might be called for an interview.

sathwik-c

Apr 27, 2022
The system will decide if you are eligible for dropbox or not. Create an account and pay fee, complete the questionnaire and then you will be assigned a dropbox or to attend interview accordingly. In some cases, even if you get an eligibility for dropbox there is a chance you might be called for an interview.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's what I read. but looking here if anyone is same situation who got Dropbox. I am also looking to wait for another 1 years and go after getting Canadian Citizenship