+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hi guys, please is it possible to get AIP on H & C while decision on JR of failed refugee is still pending from federal court? Both H&C and JR were submitted simultaneously in Feb, 2020, while H&C has moved to 'in process' already, no decision yet on JR
Sorry but what is JR?
If you mean an appeal, yes it could happen.
The officer might decide to go ahead with H&C and close PRRA or the appeal

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi guys, please is it possible to get AIP on H & C while decision on JR of failed refugee is still pending from federal court? Both H&C and JR were submitted simultaneously in Feb, 2020, while H&C has moved to 'in process' already, no decision yet on JR
You need to talk to your lawyer
It’s complicated

Reactions: Lexus2021

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Sorry but what is JR?
If you mean an appeal, yes it could happen.
The officer might decide to go ahead with H&C and close PRRA or the appeal
Judged Review? Is the JR?
I will tell you about my case. The judge accepted that my PRRA must be reviewed by different officer then I got notice that another officer will look into my PRRA .. few months later what I mentioned above have happened. The officer decided to go ahead and approved stage1 H&C

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Judged Review? Is the JR?
I will tell you about my case. The judge accepted that my PRRA must be reviewed by different officer then I got notice that another officer will look into my PRRA .. few months later what I mentioned above have happened. The officer decided to go ahead and approved stage1 H&C
So when you got your Aip what happened with your PRRA

Reactions: Lexus2021

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
I appealed my PRRA to federal court before get to judge . The crown send it to reconsideration the that’s why I get released from detention and after that I applied for h&c . My prra is been 33 months
I hope you get firts stage approval soon so you have peace of mind

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
My friend got his Aip a month ago and he has been asked to sumbit a list of documents, including medical test, police certificate and his source of income. The question is that he works at a pizza store where he delivers orders and gets paid in cash because, as you know guys, pizza stores do not give checks. What is he supposed to do? Does he need to find a job immediately so he can prove he has income before his interview comes? Any advice for him?
Also pizza store may be giving him pay via e transfer or at least your friend files the annual tax returns and those may be used to prove income.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My friend got his Aip a month ago and he has been asked to sumbit a list of documents, including medical test, police certificate and his source of income. The question is that he works at a pizza store where he delivers orders and gets paid in cash because, as you know guys, pizza stores do not give checks. What is he supposed to do? Does he need to find a job immediately so he can prove he has income before his interview comes? Any advice for him?
He needs to be declaring his cash income. He really should be looking for a job that is on the books. When he reports his cash income he will need to declare his employer which I assume may cause issues with his employer. There are delivery drivers who are being paid legally. It is quite important to show that you are legally employed, can cover your expenses without government help, that you are a taxpaying citizen, etc. for H&C cases. Has your friend had other jobs in the past, has he been filing his taxes while declaring his cash income, has he been receiving social assistance? He would be receiving a higher level of benefits if he isn't declaring his tax income.

Reactions: Me2020

Sfoph

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello,
Please I have a question. Can you do an update on your H & C application when your application shows in processing? Thank you.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
I got first stage approval thank god for that
Waiting for my PR confirmation
@Me2020 - How long have you been waiting already for the COPR? Our page shows medical results have been received for almost 2 months already and nothing is happening. They must be very bust trying to finalize all the approved applications, or I don't know why it takes so long.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
He needs to be declaring his cash income. He really should be looking for a job that is on the books. When he reports his cash income he will need to declare his employer which I assume may cause issues with his employer. There are delivery drivers who are being paid legally. It is quite important to show that you are legally employed, can cover your expenses without government help, that you are a taxpaying citizen, etc. for H&C cases. Has your friend had other jobs in the past, has he been filing his taxes while declaring his cash income, has he been receiving social assistance? He would be receiving a higher level of benefits if he isn't declaring his tax income.
Exactly
Anyway,fir second stage documentation the government askee me to provide the most recent paycheck or pay slip.
Tax he must provided that in stage1 but ofcourse if he has another updated one he also should add it. And bank statement + paper from the employer but I'm not sure if Pizza restaurant will be ok with that.
H&C requires us getting paid with documentation his friend must also consult the lawyer
Good luck

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
@Me2020 - How long have you been waiting already for the COPR? Our page shows medical results have been received for almost 2 months already and nothing is happening. They must be very bust trying to finalize all the approved applications, or I don't know why it takes so long.
We applied all documents end of August