+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
You will get them back after IRCC let CBSA know that you were granted PR. I read it on their site. I think the link is posted somewhere on the forum
After getting CoRP in email; I print out and went to CBSA Office Mississauga; they return my seized passport, birth certificate and home country Id and canceled monthly reporting. No question asked just show them CoRP copy.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
After getting CoRP in email; I print out and went to CBSA Office Mississauga; they return my seized passport, birth certificate and home country Id and canceled monthly reporting. No question asked just show them CoRP copy.
What a happy feeling
Congrats again and again

Reactions: john404

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Have you spent a lot of time in Canada illegally
Or you had a legal status ? And did you seek asylum before?
I understand you if you cannot answer

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
Have you spent a lot of time in Canada illegally
Or you had a legal status ? And did you seek asylum before?
I understand you if you cannot answer
Made refugee claim in 2014; was out status since; but CBSA did not initiate my deportation; however put me on monthly reporting. They give me 6 years; I didn't do any effort to stay I guess I was lucky or my officer was very nice. But I was able to get open work permit; from 2014 to 2020 I was renewing OWP; working and filing taxes.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Made refugee claim in 2014; was out status since; but CBSA did not initiate my deportation; however put me on monthly reporting. They give me 6 years; I didn't do any effort to stay I guess I was lucky or my officer was very nice. But I was able to get open work permit; from 2014 to 2020 I was renewing OWP; working and filing taxes.
You wouldn't get it if you don't deserve it. You've worked so hard and harvested what you've worked for.
Everyone must understand, respect this country and follow all the rules and it will not let you down.
I'm so happy for you

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
[/QUOTE
WOW You are a real fighter! it is very normal that your application is approved you have lived 6 years in the country you worked hard and payed taxes (
I dom't understand how it was not approved for your establishment in Canada !)

]but how were you out of status but with an open work permit?

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
I believe you are eligible for Open Work Permit as a refugee claimant; and you can able renew as long your deportation order not enforce. Although you don't get any status with OWP; it's just you can work legally but still out of status.

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
With OWP I was able to get temp SIN no; I register sole proprietorship establish small business (IT services & Graphic, Web development)
For establishment paid taxes, open business account and got business credit card, Line of Credit. Personal Line of Credit and cards all together 100K in credit; all in good order. I believe all this helped me in establishment.

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
With OWP I was able to get temp SIN no; I register sole proprietorship establish small business (IT services & Graphic, Web development)
For establishment paid taxes, open business account and got business credit card, Line of Credit. Personal Line of Credit and cards all together 100K in credit; all in good order. I believe all this helped me in establishment.
awesome ! in most cases, old asylum claim can have a negative impact on h&c application, but you were lucky because you have a very stable life and many years in Canada.
good luck in your life

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Of course helped and a lot.
Bravo

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
Why don’t you fix the problem that caused your application to be refused and then ask for reconsideration.I hope you have a lawyer helping you.By the way,when did you apply? Did you apply in 2020? Cuz there seems to be a trend in expediting 2019/2020 applications
hello I have a question.

to apply for permanent residence on humanitarian grounds, is it true that the applicant must live a long period in Canada? I spoke with quite a few lawyers, some of them told me that preferably yes or otherwise if a person has lived a (short) period of time must really prove a great integration in Canada, but others said that it is not a condition especially if the family/ person has other reasons like the difficulty if the applicant returns to his country of origin or if there is a child in the application,

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
hello I have a question.

to apply for permanent residence on humanitarian grounds, is it true that the applicant must live a long period in Canada? I spoke with quite a few lawyers, some of them told me that preferably yes or otherwise if a person has lived a (short) period of time must really prove a great integration in Canada, but others said that it is not a condition especially if the family/ person has other reasons like the difficulty if the applicant returns to his country of origin or if there is a child in the application,
The reason why they told you that is because H&C has a main condition which is to be active in the community
Work pay tax, volunteer if you have kids get letters from their teachers , letters from your friends and manager or supervisor at work. So all that you need time to achieve.
I was able to apply after 1 year I worked so hard to have good amount of supportive documents.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
H
hello I have a question.

H&C doesn't guarantee your stay in Canada, the government can process it for you after deportation and when the dectation is made they will let you know

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
The reason why they told you that is because H&C has a main condition which is to be active in the community
Work pay tax, volunteer if you have kids get letters from their teachers , letters from your friends and manager or supervisor at work. So all that you need time to achieve.
I was able to apply after 1 year I worked so hard to have good amount of supportive documents.
wow that is very positive information!

hope you are a permanent resident now