+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Unfortunately, they refused to give me anything. The secretary replied to my calls and said they are not a representative anymore, and that the Supplementary Information (IMM 5283) belongs to them.

I am now hesitant to contact the IRCC officer directly. Is it normal to have back-and-forth communication with them, or could this be seen as problematic?
@Pear23 @Jambol @MRawat
Hi @Taweda, people change lawyers from time to time and which ever lawyer you choose they would let you sign a form to request your file from the previous lawyer. It was a lawyer who told us to report the lawyer we had to the law society because he was refusing to give us a copy of our file.

I don't see any problem in contacting IRCC because they are waiting for you to submit what they requested and you do not have it.

These lawyers hold on to people's applications so that they can control them sigh.

Why don't you contact the law society and see what advice they will give you? Who knows maybe they could give you another way to get your file from the lawyer.

Reactions: Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hi @Taweda, people change lawyers from time to time and which ever lawyer you choose they would let you sign a form to request your file from the previous lawyer. It was a lawyer who told us to report the lawyer we had to the law society because he was refusing to give us a copy of our file.

I don't see any problem in contacting IRCC because they are waiting for you to submit what they requested and you do not have it.

These lawyers hold on to people's applications so that they can control them sigh.

Why don't you contact the law society and see what advice they will give you? Who knows maybe they could give you another way to get your file from the lawyer.
I have made the complaint!

The IRCC officer waithing for my CSQ which I am trying to submit before the deadline. Can I ask him/here something such as "I kindly request your assistance in obtaining this correspondence from my submitted package at your earliest convenience, as it is essential for the completion of my CSQ application. "

Last edited:

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
I have made the complaint!

The IRCC officer waithing for my CSQ which I am trying to submit before the deadline. Can I ask him/here something such as "I kindly request your assistance in obtaining this correspondence from my submitted package at your earliest convenience, as it is essential for the completion of my CSQ application. "
Yes you can. There is no harm in asking. You got this Taweda. The Lord is with you!

• Love
Reactions: fagsey and Taweda

Missfy

May 25, 2024
Does anyone know if the IRCC agents are 100% sure of the status of an application because the automatic voice and the agents say different things.

Reactions: Robin220

tsam

Dec 27, 2022
Hello everyone anyone knows if it’s worth to apply PRRA with lawyer my lawyer is asking$12000 for PRRA application
I think it might be worth getting a second opinion or comparing rates with other lawyers to ensure this fee is reasonable base on your case, my lawyer asking price is from $4500.

Robin220

May 15, 2023
I think it might be worth getting a second opinion or comparing rates with other lawyers to ensure this fee is reasonable base on your case, my lawyer asking price is from $4500.
Yeah exactly specially when it’s 17 months for H&C