+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Could you please let me know what is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
When we submitted our application we paid the h&c as well as the PR fees

Today, I have received email from the officer that I have missing the RPRF. Is this diffrent from the fees that I have paid
Hi @Taweda, the officer did that with us as well just send them the receipt again of the right of permanent resident fee that you already paid. The email from the officer should say how much is the RPRF

Reactions: Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hi @Taweda, the officer did that with us as well just send them the receipt again of the right of permanent resident fee that you already paid. The email from the officer should say how much is the RPRF
This is what they sent me “We require you to submit proof that you have paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Please be advised that this fee applies to the principal applicant and the spouse/common-law partner (if resident in Canada AND included in your application). It does not apply to dependent children.”
However, I paid the processing, biometrics and Right for Permanent Residence Fee. I have the receipt for the full amount and I sent it with all the documents. What should I do now

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
This is what they sent me “We require you to submit proof that you have paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Please be advised that this fee applies to the principal applicant and the spouse/common-law partner (if resident in Canada AND included in your application). It does not apply to dependent children.”
However, I paid the processing, biometrics and Right for Permanent Residence Fee. I have the receipt for the full amount and I sent it with all the documents. What should I do now
Send them that receipt again with a brief email that you paid the fee along with biometrics etc

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Could you please let me know what is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
When we submitted our application we paid the h&c as well as the PR fees

Today, I have received email from the officer that I have missing the RPRF. Is this diffrent from the fees that I have paid
If you paid the fee both together, just send them the receipt of your payment via email.

eduardlh

Mar 29, 2021
If you paid the fee both together, just send them the receipt of your payment via email.
Hi @Taweda!
If when you applied you paid the processing fee ($635) and the right of permanent residency($575) --- $1210 per adult, and $175 per child. Then you got everything covered.

In our case we didn't pay the right of permanent residency, so.our first payment was just the processing fee per adult and the fees per child. So we paid the right of permanent residency after got the AIP.

List of fess here:
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Also, PR fees changed on April this year:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/pr-fees-increase.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Taweda and fagsey

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hi @Taweda!
If when you applied you paid the processing fee ($635) and the right of permanent residency($575) --- $1210 per adult, and $175 per child. Then you got everything covered.

In our case we didn't pay the right of permanent residency, so.our first payment was just the processing fee per adult and the fees per child. So we paid the right of permanent residency after got the AIP.

List of fess here:
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Also, PR fees changed on April this year:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/pr-fees-increase.html
Do you think I need to pay the difference?

Ceegirl

Feb 15, 2023
Hi, everyone! I was finally sent back home after you guys suggested that I go to make a deal with the CBSA!!! I went to their office after about 6 months of staying away and I was detained even with my medical reports of mental health issue. I was denied 48 hours and also the 7 days detention review. I was deported from Canada on Wednesday June 19th! Please be careful of the advise you get here!!! What work for one may not work for another…. Please I have a pending H&C application which looks good. Can I still come back? Didn’t leave with any of my thing

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, everyone! I was finally sent back home after you guys suggested that I go to make a deal with the CBSA!!! I went to their office after about 6 months of staying away and I was detained even with my medical reports of mental health issue. I was denied 48 hours and also the 7 days detention review. I was deported from Canada on Wednesday June 19th! Please be careful of the advise you get here!!! What work for one may not work for another…. Please I have a pending H&C application which looks good. Can I still come back? Didn’t leave with any of my thing
Sorry this happened to you.

If you want to return before there is a decision in the H&C application, you would need to go through the ARC process since you were removed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When they said it’s 5 years after that I can return?
Sorry, what do you mean by that? Were you given a misrepresentation ban? I don't understand your question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nope!! They said I failed to show up for removal and that I am a flight risk. I have no known criminality
In that case I don't understand what you asked in your previous post.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Nope!! They said I failed to show up for removal and that I am a flight risk. I have no known criminality

“GoodMorning, Please I need advice. I am on removal but I have a pending H&C which I submitted in December and I also valid work permit which ends next month. I had to change my work to night schedule so as to avoid being caught by CBSA. I have been sent an interview offer for a dream job that I applied for a long time ago. Can I go ahead and apply for an extension? Will it be detrimental to me given that I am lowkey working? I am beginning to develop BP knowing that when my WP expires next month, I won’t be able to pay bills and house rent given that there are no easy jobs to get again. Please what are my options? Thank you all”

You actively rearranged your schedule to avoid any contact with the CBSA , or as you say “ getting caught “ plus the six months of avoiding them .

That maybe why you were put into detention as being a flight risk

Ceegirl

Feb 15, 2023
I got a number with the Mp in my locality stating that I call them and when i did, they invited me over despite going to other my letter from my mental health practitioner. I gue. It was a wrong move then!!!!

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
I am sorry to hear that this had happened to you. I would like to say that it is not based on the advice you recieved in this forum why you were detained and sent back home.

You were detained and deemed flight risk because you did not comply with CBSA. You have stayed away from them for 6 months they would not grant you bail as they fear that you would go into hiding again. Also I would like to add that the officer handling your H&C application is already aware that a warrant was issued for your arrest and you weren't complying.

Now that the warrant has been executed your H&C will continue processing and you can stay hopeful that it will be approved and you will be able to come back to Canada.

I can relate to being a flight risk. My husband was detained and deemed flight risk because we did not show up at the airport for the flight that was scheduled for our departure from Canada. What saved us was that we had an emergency with one of our child the morning we were suppose to go to the airport and we immediately emailed the officer and sent doctors note etc the CBSA officer asked us to report to the office a week later, little did we know that the officer had issued a warrant for my husband's arrest.

After day 7 in detention he had an hearing which the judge was furious with the officer because we had all the evidence that showed that we were complying with them and that we have always showed up for our interviews. You are a Flight Risk because you didn't show up.

Again I am sorry that this happened to you and I hope your application will be successful and you will get to come back.

Last edited:
Reactions: fagsey and scylla