+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
When did you apply for reconsideration
4th March. Hope they will respond soon. I already lost my job. They say because I don’t know when I will get my work permit back, they have to lay off me from the job. Just because of officer’s mistake, I am gonna deal with a find a job again.

• Sad
Reactions: Robin220

Robin220

May 15, 2023
4th March. Hope they will respond soon. I already lost my job. They say because I don’t know when I will get my work permit back, they have to lay off me from the job. Just because of officer’s mistake, I am gonna deal with a find a job again.
are you eligible to apply EI while you are searching for another job?

Sangin1

Star Member
Jan 24, 2024
yes you mean work Authorization letter, i did get work authorization letter
Yes exactly mine is saying ur authorized to work until you get the decision or unit Sep 2024, whichever come first.
What about yours for how long they authorized?

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Yes exactly mine is saying ur authorized to work until you get the decision or unit Sep 2024, whichever come first.
What about yours for how long they authorized?
for me its until June, until 6 months after application. Last time my extension got approved in 1 week this time its just taking forever

Reactions: Sangin1

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Leaving Canada generally significantly weakens an H&C application. Since he has submitted an application under H&C, it may be quite difficult for him to get a new TRV approved. He should keep this in mind if he makes the decision to leave.
thank you for your reply.
my dads visa extension was expiring on 25 feb but he didn’t have his medicals that he did months ago for previous ext hence it got delayed to submit by 5 days and today we received a refusal of extension first time in 5 years we are shocked however i am so loaded with the baby and some other serious issues i might have made a mistake by not explaining in a letter that we have submitted an h&c for him in country ! i am so worked up i didn’t use my brain at the time when i usually do prepare everything and submit this time i didn’t put a letter along a big mistake !

shall i go back and send a letter to IRCC explaining the same and give them all the details of the application since they also requested my father to re do the biometrics two months ago for his h&c the new biometrics were update on my portal too when i submitted the visa extension for him.

Also i recall in the past i have submitted extension without a month of expiry which was approved so idk why not this time !

can anyone shed light how i can get my father an extension in light of in country h&c

all comments appreciated these forrums got me through my spousal sponsorship and i am so grateful

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you for your reply.
my dads visa extension was expiring on 25 feb but he didn’t have his medicals that he did months ago for previous ext hence it got delayed to submit by 5 days and today we received a refusal of extension first time in 5 years we are shocked however i am so loaded with the baby and some other serious issues i might have made a mistake by not explaining in a letter that we have submitted an h&c for him in country ! i am so worked up i didn’t use my brain at the time when i usually do prepare everything and submit this time i didn’t put a letter along a big mistake !

shall i go back and send a letter to IRCC explaining the same and give them all the details of the application since they also requested my father to re do the biometrics two months ago for his h&c the new biometrics were update on my portal too when i submitted the visa extension for him.

Also i recall in the past i have submitted extension without a month of expiry which was approved so idk why not this time !

can anyone shed light how i can get my father an extension in light of in country h&c

all comments appreciated these forrums got me through my spousal sponsorship and i am so grateful
It's normal for an extension to be refused once you file an H&C application. Your father needs to remain in Canada without status and wait for the results of the H&C application.

Robin220

May 15, 2023
I just called IRCC lol, way too Rude Agent he was asking me questions like i am criminal. He was like how many time you called us since you applied for application lol.