+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Great Vancouver Area Biometrics Tracking

Akshay4764

Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone, I am a newbie at this chat forum . Like u guys, I am also playing along the waiting game .My AOR was June 17 and BIL was Aug 5 and waiting for call from service canad.I have read the chat above and it's really sad to see that some of you guys are waiting for biometrics even from Jan.Looks like a long long wait for me by that sense.Its frustrating especially for guys like me whose work permit has expired and I thought i would get my BOWP in 60 days or so but current processing time for that is like 180 days .Driving license is expired and MSP is expired .Just playing along waiting game ,i mean what else to do

aoctr

Oct 10, 2020
Hi all, finally I found my folks to track sc call. My AOR is Feb 26 and BIL is Mar 4, therefore, I believed my turn should be kinda first batch of the group; however, I'm also still waiting for a call from sc. As I checked all comments in this thread and was shocked even July or August applicants got the call before me. It drives me so crazy that sc gives a call without any logic or order. my work permit will be expired... I haven't considered to apply for bridge work permit though.. my process bar turned to 100% a few months ago even it doesn't have any meaning as IRCC said. hopefully, we get a call upcoming week after a long weekend.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hi all, finally I found my folks to track sc call. My AOR is Feb 26 and BIL is Mar 4, therefore, I believed my turn should be kinda first batch of the group; however, I'm also still waiting for a call from sc. As I checked all comments in this thread and was shocked even July or August applicants got the call before me. It drives me so crazy that sc gives a call without any logic or order. my work permit will be expired... I haven't considered to apply for bridge work permit though.. my process bar turned to 100% a few months ago even it doesn't have any meaning as IRCC said. hopefully, we get a call upcoming week after a long weekend.
If you need to work don't delay on applying for a BOWP before your current permit expires. Nothing is going to be done quickly right now, I've been on 100% since August, it doesn't mean anything unfortunately like you say. Most important is to protect your status in Canada whilst you wait.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
A couple of people wrote they got the call - they are from Surrey - in the "Biometrics" thread, and booked in for Surrey SC. AOR dates seem random, as usual. (Feb, March & June - according to the users)

Seems like indeed they will make us wait until the SC which is assigned to your area opens up. I hope they "know" there is no SC to collect biometrics in North Vancouver, so I am not left behind. :D

Reactions: blondieyo

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
A couple of people wrote they got the call - they are from Surrey - in the "Biometrics" thread, and booked in for Surrey SC. AOR dates seem random, as usual. (Feb, March & June - according to the users)

Seems like indeed they will make us wait until the SC which is assigned to your area opens up. I hope they "know" there is no SC to collect biometrics in North Vancouver, so I am not left behind. :D
Yes. I heard SC Surrey just opened so there are lots of openings. Keeping fingers crossed that most of us get calls this week

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020

Maybe they'll let us give them at the Lonsdale SC, would save a "long" road trip to Burnaby or downtown.... :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: ike93 and Shiva91

nellac

Jan 27, 2020
Has anyone here received a Request Letter from IRCC giving you a timeframe to get your biometrics collected?
I have received one today and don't know what it means. Apparently, I have a month to get my biometrics collected, however, I have received no calls from SC yet.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Has anyone here received a Request Letter from IRCC giving you a timeframe to get your biometrics collected?
I have received one today and don't know what it means. Apparently, I have a month to get my biometrics collected, however, I have received no calls from SC yet.
Pre-pandemic you had 30 days to do your biometrics, or could apply for an extension. They haven't updated the BIL letters, but it is safe to ignore the deadline as we need to wait for our phone calls to book now :)

nellac

Jan 27, 2020
Pre-pandemic you had 30 days to do your biometrics, or could apply for an extension. They haven't updated the BIL letters, but it is safe to ignore the deadline as we need to wait for our phone calls to book now :)
I received the request letter yesterday. my AOR is May 5th BIL June 26th.